It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Fired for Calling 6-yr-old “Transgender Boy” Student a Girl

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Poppcocked
This teacher deserves an award for standing up to the direction this #ed up world with its #ed up people is taking.

I wonder what aliens think of us when they look down and see abominations like Bruce Jenner, do you think it ruins our chances of getting the occulus rift early?

The teacher is a day-care manager. She hasn't stood up to anything, she lost her job apparently for several incompetencies.

I wouldn't be surprised if pushing her beliefs is the real reason she was fired.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

This teacher deserves an award for standing up to the direction this #ed up world with its #ed up people is taking.

I wonder what aliens think of us when they look down and see abominations like Bruce Jenner, do you think it ruins our chances of getting the occulus rift early?

The teacher is a day-care manager. She hasn't stood up to anything, she lost her job apparently for several incompetencies.

I wouldn't be surprised if pushing her beliefs is the real reason she was fired.

Well, to make this a "test case" is vast over estimation on the part of the activist attorney who has trumped up the case.

Nothing in the scenario involves religious freedom. No one has religious freedom to not call a child by their name.

She ended up, at the very least, shaming a child that was under her care, inflicting her own "values" over those of the parents, refused to follow the policies of the day-care business, refused to follow direct instructions from her supervisor, and depending on which story one believes, spent most of her time in class on her cell phone gossiping in front of the kids.

If this scenario were slightly different (say she were atheist or Muslim) or if the child who was mistreated wasn't the trans* child of two gay dads, all we would see here would be "business owners have the right to run their business as they choose" and "right to hire/right to fire" and "playing the race card" (yes, the attorney has also claimed that race is an issue.

That's what is infuriatingly pathetic here; change a few variables and the arguments would be diametrically opposed.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

If this scenario were slightly different (say she were atheist or Muslim) or if the child who was mistreated wasn't the trans* child of two gay dads, all we would see here would be "business owners have the right to run their business as they choose" and "right to hire/right to fire" and "playing the race card" (yes, the attorney has also claimed that race is an issue.

That's what is infuriatingly pathetic here; change a few variables and the arguments would be diametrically opposed.

For sure.

The Right Wing double standard.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

This isn't about beliefs. It's a fact that the little girl is a girl. She's not at an age to think about sexuality yet. If she thinks she is trangender it's because her fag parents have been indoctrinating her with liberal ideology that has perverted a previously innocent mind.

The men she is living with should be charged with corrupting the child and she should be placed in foster care.

* and I have to ask where is her mother in all of this? Why is she living with two men?
edit on 11/19/15 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Your post says more about you than the "fag" parents

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
All I would say is the grass is always greener on the other side. How many young people have convinced themselves they have transgender issues, had the surgery, realised I wasn't what they expected, that the surgery didn't file that void in their life and wanted to reside in their original form. This is a common phenomenon in apparantly transgender people.

No, it is a common phenomenon made up in the mind's of people that don't know any better. Speaking specifically of "young people", and assuming 17 or 18 is commonly the youngest age before surgical intervention, this only comes after a strong lifelong conviction of being the wrong gender, hormone therapy and years of evaluation and counseling. This is never done impulsively, most "young people" don't have the $30K minimum hanging around to spare and in my research, I have never found one case of regret in trans kids that have gone on to complete sexual reassignment. Even in adults and though highly publicized in the media and anti-trans sources, regret and detransitioning are rare instances usually due to misdiagnosis and misrepresentation by the individual.

Let's all not confuse gender atypical behavior such as boys that may be effeminate or prefer dolls (sissies) or girls that may be rough and tumble tomboys that prefer to play with trucks with children that also experience gender dysphoria. It is easy to see how one might be "grown out of" while the other usually may not. It may be a fine line to draw but there's a difference between wanting to do boy or girl things and believing you ARE a boy or a girl in spite of the obvious anatomical contradiction.

What's the right thing to do with a 5 or 6 year old that is adamant, insistent and persistent that they are not the gender matching the sex assigned to them at birth by a doctor? When parental guidance and all attempts to enforce stereotypical gender role behavior fails and is only met with opposition and a very unhappy and withdrawn child, what should a compassionate parent wanting to improve their child's satisfaction with their life do? Punish? You really can't beat this out of kids. Medicate?

After consultation and evaluation by knowledgeable medical professionals (no competent parent would proceed down this path without help) in many/most of these cases and often much to the parent's chagrin or embarrassment, what is best for the child is to allow them to experiment and experience their perceived gender by transitioning socially.

One may think it is horrendous for parents to allow their 6 y/o son or daughter to dress as, act as and be known as someone of the gender opposite their anatomy and that this would be the cause of lifelong emotional turmoil and some really screwed up kids but for children that are truly trans, just the opposite is true. Forbidding them or forcing them into something they don't believe themselves to be can be cruel and torturous and runs a much great risk of causing severe psychological problems, depression and potential suicide.

This is a tough call and hard to grasp, I get that but if a child's happiness and sociability improves by transitioning, how terrible is that? If indeed a child "grows out of it", what harm has really been done compared to being forced into a life of misery, sadness and emotional disconnection. For trans kids, transitioning can be affirming and life saving even if they don't understand the broader life changing consequences - all they know is the here and now at that point and they themselves will know if things are better and more normal and natural for them.

Most of these young transitioning children we read about or see on TV want nothing more than to grow up and be "normal" men and women and strongly wish to avoid going through puberty and developing secondary sex characteristics of the sex that doesn't match their social or internal identity or personality. If there are parental concerns or other contraindications, medications are available to block the changes of puberty which also does give a child additional time to mature and become more cognizant of the lifelong changes associated with sexual reassignment. This also gives a child that may not be truly gender dysphoric more time to opt out, desist or revert to a social role matching their anatomy. Puberty blocking drugs themselves do not cause physical changes and if discontinued, puberty will occur as it normally would have. (I'll dig the requested research on this up later)

So that's the deal with these kids and why we're seeing more of their stories as scientific and medical awareness and understanding catches up with kids like this that have always existed and the best, healthiest way to handle them so that they grow up to live happy and productive lives becomes more widely known and accepted.

This whole debate about the general nature of trans* issues is really off topic so I will try to limit any remaining comments in this thread to the specifics in the OP.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

When you have to result in using slurs to get attention i think your relevance in this conversation is diminished

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It's a medical fact that some people are strongly compelled in thought, act, emotion and physiology that their gender doesn't match their sex and there are both a myriad of organic and psychological bases that acknowledge that fact.

It's a medical fact that while most humans are recognizable as either the male or female sex, there exists a spectrum of differences in the pure generally called intersex.

There are same sex parents, different sex parents, single parents, grandparents, foster parents etc. who are all successfully caring for and raising children. Some of those kids are cisgendered, trans*, non-binary, gender-fluid, straight, gay, bi and all other manners of the amazing diversity of the human species.

These are basic facts in the 21st century.

I can say nothing about anyone whose beliefs tell them any differently.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Certain posts have been completely dismissive of the teacher and gives me the impression that an employer statement is to be taken as fact. I have first hand experience of two nurses (different hospitals) who have been dismissed on 'technicalities of contract' where the real issue was outspoken criticism (not even non-compliance) of a management proposal or agenda (always non-related). In fact these supposed 'technicalities' were observable in many nurses and the individual was singled out. We have employment tribunals for this in the UK. I am sure there is a US equivalent. I am not sure this would merit a federal jurisdiction?

This lady is claiming wrongful dismissal and to assume anything is speculation until the evidence is presented and a panel decision made. Education is always preferable to penalisation although we have no evidence to show if this teacher had performance management/work capability training. It is obvious that it was not summary dismissal for gross misconduct as there are multiple allegations.

After watching several documentaries today on transgender children I don't believe these children are are being conditioned or intentionally abused. In fact hearing these children and their parents talking and how the parents have responsibly addressed the issue eg sought medical guidance is quite convincing. A liberal cultural agenda suggested by some posts is just rhetoric in my opinion.

edit on 19-11-2015 by deliberator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: deliberator

Perhaps that's because the day-care manager's story just doesn't make sense. What possible religious conviction inspires someone to refuse to call a child by the name the parents (and the child) ask to be called by? For that matter, what religious conviction says anything at all about trans* issues?

The employees were dismissed because they didn't follow company procedures. Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

Why wouldn't you believe the employer? What purpose do they have to lie? Ever worked in corporate HR?

Also, Attorney Andy Taylor's involvement and comments make it fairly clear what is motivating the situation. Do you know who he is?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
PC principal is at it again!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join