It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Fired for Calling 6-yr-old “Transgender Boy” Student a Girl

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy
There are SOME gays that don't agree with any of it, even gay marriage or marriage in general. Some gays are repulsed by Bruce Gender, SOME gay men are repulsed by sissy acting feminine men, MOST gay men have been with women, have kids and later came out or are still hiding their secret life. I do think that being gay has a lot to do with wanting to be with transgender, after all that's what "gay" is, a womans brain in a mans body or vice versa, whats the difference. That being said , most gay men do not want to become women even if they feel like one sometimes and poor lesbians are screwed because doctors can only take away instead of add genitalia. Maybe science should try and prevent the medical reason that some people were born with the wrong body gender. Maybe we all should start being 100% honest about our sexual feelings and then none of this would be an issue. Alo, everyone is unique so I don't believe we can classify people the way we have.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
She should have respected the wishes of the parents and more importantly the child of what gender to be called. She deserves to be fired. I would not want that close-minded b*+ch to have authority in my child's life.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baldryck
Why would she bring religion into a nonreligious situation? She is just setting herself up for trouble. I don't see Transgender issues having anything to do with religion.

Well usually you can tell how far down the road, at what point, take Nazi Germany, free speech is really challenged, when a persons free speech is deemed unjustified or even legal based on any sort of religious frame of reference. Naturally there will be and is much disagreement, but to shut the right to speech off at the first sign of a religious frame of reference has been the position of all intolerant societies be it secular or religious. In question here is the school system as theater for a freak show with opposition crushed to move full ahead without opposition into la la land.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
How in the hell is a six year old capable of making a transgendered decision? Ludicris.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Wow, Godwin's and an errant appeal to free speech.

Except that ... this has nothing to do with Nazi Germany ... at all (except that LGBT were also discriminated against under that regime)

Also, the government isn't impeding anyone's "free speech" ... a private company dismissed two employees for issues that had nothing to do with the case at hand.

It's not a "school system" once again ... it's a private day-care company.

No one's freedom of speech or freedom of religion is being impinged on by the state.

In short, nothing you said has anything to do with what is actually under discussion.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti
How in the hell is a six year old capable of making a transgendered decision? Ludicris.

When did you know your gender and or sex again?

Established medical science disagrees with your claim of "ludicrous."

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti

Its very stupid and worse. This kids parents are gay and this is not a reflection? Bulls**t.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Speaking of political agendas ...

For one thing, the fact that key players in the fight against Houston’s HERO LGBT-inclusive ordinance have cropped up here, namely Kirksey’s lawyer, cannot be overlooked. In the HERO campaign transphobia was used to sink what would have been a beneficial ordinance for several groups, including pregnant women, indigenous peoples, and also people with disabilities. In this latest case, we appear to have an agenda where trans children are being framed as possible dangers to other children, and where teachers cannot abide by the very simple desires of a child and their parents, all under the pretense of some overreaching religious right.

Put simply, there is no religious right to define for others their identity. It would have cost Kirksey nothing to refer to the child as male while maintaining a private belief that trans identity is not something that her religion condones. Perhaps the most glaring thing in this story though is that this is being referred to as a “test case.” This probably signals the religious right is gearing up for another round of court battles, this time pitting trans rights against religious rights in a battle that will see more transphobia and, if the above is anything to go by, the use of children as pawns in this legal attack.

Is This The Start of a New Legal Attack on Trans Rights?

So, no facts about dismissal being related to religious issues with trans* rights.

Known political activist attorney manufacturing a "test case" out of nothing.

Yep, must be another day at the rock.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
All I would say is the grass is always greener on the other side. How many young people have convinced themselves they have transgender issues, had the surgery, realised I wasn't what they expected, that the surgery didn't file that void in their life and wanted to reside in their original form. This is a common phenomenon in apparantly transgender people.

It's difficult cos I can't relate. When I was young I was nervous around girls. Some people would see this as fancying girls, others would interpret it as being more comfortable with males. Not an example of transgender but a fine example how different interpretations can lead to different decisions.

I'm dissapointed annee you say age has nothing to do with it...it has everything to do with it. A child cannot (imo) distinguish sexual it or gender at that age, unless observed behaviour guides those decisions.

I wiuld say this confusion is encouraged, gay parents or not, allowing a 6 yr old to take on a spiritual journey without proper guidance is wrong. But then again I have not experienced this confusion. This confusion normally comes during puberty, where children have the cognitive capabilities to question the perceived world.

I didn't know what a penis was till I was 8 for christ sake, I find it difficult to understand a 6 year old has evaluated these possibilities.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

I see it as completely possible. A spiritual journey should be done without rules and regulations or else its not a spiritual journey, its a cult - close to what Christianity has become today.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I appreciate you bringing facts to this discussion even if others are being obtuse. The only facts that matter to them are ones that support their agenda and if you don't agree with them they call you a bigot.

Dr. Jack basically says everything is possible.

He does not deny there are transgender kids. He says it's rare. That actually is a fact.

edit on 19-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus

I'm dissapointed annee you say age has nothing to do with it...it has everything to do with it. A child cannot (imo) distinguish sexual it or gender at that age, unless observed behaviour guides those decisions.

I said we are who we are born, thus age is irrelevant.

The brain we are born with is a roadmap of who we are. We are born that way.

How many children have you raised?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

The decision to have sex reassignment treatment and realizing that one is trans* are not the same thing.

Sex reassignment treatments involve a long process of physical and psychological examination, and not every trans* person qualifies. The process often takes more than two years, during which time, the individual has to live as the preferred gender.

Sex reassignment surgery is not something a six year old would typically be contemplating ... being a boy, or girl or somewhere in between ... is, sometimes as early as 3 years old. That is tangentially under discussion here because so many would rather debate whether trans* people have actual human rights rather than dealing with the subject matter at hand which is a politically motivated lawsuit brought on behalf of disgruntled employees of a day-care facility.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
And so the systematic sexualization of innocent children begins. Gay marriage is yesterday's news. Next stop: public acceptance of pedophilia.

A 6 year-old girl would only think they were actually a boy if they were indoctrinated to think that way.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
And so the systematic sexualization of innocent children begins. Gay marriage is yesterday's news. Next stop: public acceptance of pedophilia.

A 6 year-old girl would only think they were actually a boy if they were indoctrinated to think that way.

Pedophilia enters the discussion.

Anyone surprised?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This teacher deserves an award for standing up to the direction this #ed up world with its #ed up people is taking.

I wonder what aliens think of us when they look down and see abominations like Bruce Jenner, do you think it ruins our chances of getting the occulus rift early?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Not in the least.

Nor am I surprised by absolute ignorance of medical science coupled with a garden-variety right-wing political agenda.

"Next?"

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Poppcocked
This teacher deserves an award for standing up to the direction this #ed up world with its #ed up people is taking.

I wonder what aliens think of us when they look down and see abominations like Bruce Jenner, do you think it ruins our chances of getting the occulus rift early?

Does any of this mean anything besides an ideological drive-by?

The teacher is a day-care manager. She hasn't stood up to anything, she lost her job apparently for several incompetencies.

Trans* people are not abominations, and, really, "aliens"?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Poppcocked

Aliens are probably gender-fluid, so they look at all the narrow-minded, barbaric, un-evolved cisgendered humans as the abominations.

Just sayin'.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Annee

Not in the least.

Nor am I surprised by absolute ignorance of medical science coupled with a garden-variety right-wing political agenda.

"Next?"

The ignorance is astounding.

Science has come a long way in understanding we are BORN --- "All Shades of Gray".

I've learned to research the author, "expert" of every report (and check the date). Over the years I've learned who are the legit researchers in the subject of sexuality. I compare new researchers/data to those I know who are legit.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join