It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Fired for Calling 6-yr-old “Transgender Boy” Student a Girl

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Yeah I'd rather wait as well but weighing up both options I know who sounds more trustworthy and feel we have enough from 3 sources to deduce such.

We both made a claim though, there is no denying you agreed they'd been wrongfully dismissed with the same evidence I have decided otherwise.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Yeah I'd rather wait as well but weighing up both options I know who sounds more trustworthy and feel we have enough from 3 sources to deduce such.

We both made a claim though, there is no denying you agreed they'd been wrongfully dismissed with the same evidence I have decided otherwise.

In my book, I do believe that two people can respectfully agree to disagree (key word being "respectfully")....

I absolutely don't agree with your conclusions but I absolutely appreciate the debate and how you conduct yourself. We'll see what happens down the road with this one.

Cheers to having another debate/argument/discussion/whatever....

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Very pleasant discourse.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: deliberator

The teacher shouldn't be under the microscope, the parents should.

The prefrontal cortex doesn't develop until early teenage years and is responsible for all the cognitive functions that correlate to making a major life decision like becoming transgender.

These parents need to be charged and prosecuted with child abuse and the child should be removed from their care.

They are raising and encouraging this child to be in the category of people that are plagued with drug use, suicide, and depression.

This is a result of reckless nuture and not nature and is a terrible injustice to an innocent child.

Gender identity should be a non issue until the prefrontal cortex begins developing, with the exception of transsexuals who actually physically are male/female.

Ghost
edit on 18-11-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Basically there's a difference between sex and gender.

Sex is physiology or biology. While there are recognizable categories of male and female (aka "the binary") there are also people who are intersex.

Gender is cultural and psychological. Some cultures, for example, have taught that males go out in the world and earn a living and females stay home and take care of domestic issues. Also, traditionally, girls wore dresses, boys wore pants and shirts.

(I'm showing my age here.) Of course, many of those divisions have evolved over the last 50 years or so ... thus pointing to the fact that GENDER is culturally defined roles for what is "female" or "male" ... and we are slowly learning that there are a whole spectrum or musical scale of each rather than merely one of two polar boundaries.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Give me a child and I'll shape him into anything.
B. F. Skinner

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

I believe that folks who make gross and ignorant generalizations about facts of others lives that have nothing to do with them personally are a danger to society.

We all have beliefs; some are based on reality, others, not so much.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Give me a child and I'll shape him into anything.
B. F. Skinner

Just ask the Roman Catholic Church ...

... among others.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
I find this topic confusing because I don't understand what makes a girl a girl or a boy a boy. As a girl, I played with ''boy'' toys, played ''boy'' games, but didn't think I was a boy. One show I had watched told of a mother who showed her young son a doll and a truck and because the boy chose the doll, she ''knew'' her son was a girl. How does a young person aside from clothing and toys feel a certain gender. In this day and age I like to think that males and females can ''do'' anything the other can ''do''. Boys used to skateboard and now many girls do too.
I'm just hoping someone can help me to understand, besides body parts, what makes a person feel like a male or female?

You've almost answered your own question to some degree it seems? You did all the boy stuff as a child but still knew you were a girl. Besides body parts and toys or clothing, how did you know or why did you feel this way?

You just did, right? It was innate and something that didn't cross your mind and your sense of being a girl just something that was, right? Did you ever question your gender because you played with boys toys and games? It is hard to explain but trans* people or kids may also have this same sense of knowing what gender they are even when the physical sex of their body doesn't match. This is kind of the definition of transgender.

Does that help?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66 Thank you for the reply, Gryphon66. Would it be accurate to say that transgender people actually identify with what is culturally accepted as what is male or female?

I've always felt like a person and not a gender on the inside and although I have worn male clothing and have had short hair that made me look like a male, I prefer to wear clothing made for the gender I was born with, female.

I am truly trying to understand what makes a person feel a certain gender inside of their minds.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What's ignorant is that you've given the parents the benefit of the doubt in leading an innocent child into one of the most dangerous lifestyle identities. Why? Does your blind support for anything related to LGTB's trump all logical reasoning, even at the detriment of a child?

Edit:

Transgender stats

-4 times more likely to have household income under 10k
-41% attempt/commit suicide
-20% will have been homeless
-30% substance abuse

The list goes on and on. These parents are ignorant and this child deserves a better chance at life. As a parent, I would never rush a child into a gender identity issue with the knowledge I have. This is emotional abuse and they should be charged.

Ghost
edit on 18-11-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija Yes it helps some, thank you.

link   

'Established medical and psychological science' is contrived to support certain agendas and narratives. Also, you should know by now I don't care if people feel insulted by my opinion. It is their choice to 'feel' however they want irrespective of what I say.
edit on 2015/11/18 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
Gender identity should be a non issue until the prefrontal cortex begins developing, with the exception of transsexuals who actually physically are male/female.

Ghost

Thanks for sharing your opinions but your last statement has me somewhat confused. Are you using the word "transsexual" to describe someone that may have the physical attributes of both sexes, ambiguous genitalia or chromosome disorders? The term for that condition is intersex. It used to be called hermaphroditism.

A person's sense of gender is established way before your precious prefrontal cortex development. Good luck trying to change it.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: Gryphon66 Thank you for the reply, Gryphon66. Would it be accurate to say that transgender people actually identify with what is culturally accepted as what is male or female?

I've always felt like a person and not a gender on the inside and although I have worn male clothing and have had short hair that made me look like a male, I prefer to wear clothing made for the gender I was born with, female.

I am truly trying to understand what makes a person feel a certain gender inside of their minds.

Darth and others here can speak more clearly to the subjective experience of being trans* and/or gender-fluid, non-binary, etc.

I'm just a typically sexed and gendered male, who is attracted to others similarly sexed and gendered.

I'm garden variety gay at this point, really.

Thanks for keeping an open mind Peppy and I hope you get good answers!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yes, I do know that you don't care how what you say affects others, even within the bounds of common decency.

Further, I don't care if you do or don't like having that fact pointed out when you say crass, hurtful things for no reason.

Your comment about established medical science is baseless and a matter of semantics.

We can argue that anything anywhere anytime is "contrived to support certain agendas."

So, essentially, "nyah."

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66 Thank you! I do like to keep an open mind and find the variances of human beings very interesting and it helps to have an open mind when wanting to understand peoples struggles in this life.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

What's ignorant is that you've given the parents the benefit of the doubt in leading an innocent child into one of the most dangerous lifestyle identities. Why? Does your blind support for anything related to LGTB's trump all logical reasoning, even at the detriment of a child?

Ghost

I haven't "given the parents anything"; I've stated the facts of the matter and posted links to same.

How do you know anything about the innocent child? Do your personal beliefs trump all other viewpoints and perspectives as well as established medical science?

As I said, the tendency of ignorant bigots to think they have a right to comment on situations they know absolutely nothing about and to meddle incessantly in the lives of others is what I see as the real danger here. I don't know if you are an ignorant bigot or not; are you?

The child seems to be doing well, actually; he has so many people looking out for his well-being ...

... and some of those might actually be sincere.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

People aren't being 'ignorant bigots' they just don't want to play your stupid game and now they are getting fired because of this stupidity. Talk about ignorance. There is plenty on your side for both of us.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

People aren't being 'ignorant bigots' they just don't want to play your stupid game and now they are getting fired because of this stupidity. Talk about ignorance. There is plenty on your side for both of us.

Ignorant bigots are as ignorant bigots do. /shrug

You're continuing to ignore that these two weren't fired over this issue; that's particularly clear.

You're also ignoring the fact that the attorney who is pushing this case is a political opponent of trans* rights and equal rights in general.

Now, I'm not saying you're ignorant, because that would be personal ... but you sure are ignoring a lot simply to call me ignorant, LOL.

I've posted facts, Metallicus. If you don't like the facts, or wish to interpret them in some odd way, or if you wish to rise to the implied defense of bigots, that's up to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join