It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Fired for Calling 6-yr-old “Transgender Boy” Student a Girl

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So the school is lying?

I believe the school is lying by omission. From the time article...

Children’s Lighthouse Learning Center representative told the Houston Chronicle that Kirksey’s dismissal was not related to the transgender child but declined to comment further on a personnel issue.

Considering the circumstances, and with the understanding that employers aren't always (legally) able to give TOO MANY details, I find it odd that they couldn't even come up with a general statement along the lines of, "This employee wasn't maintaining the standards of our curriculum"... or "These teachers had previously received warnings for actions/behavior that our school finds unacceptable." There was nothing...
The school essentially said, "We can't say what it is... but it's not what they say it is."

you disagree that this has nothing to do with religion...

I agree. This has NOTHING to do with religion (or at least any religion that I am aware of). Even if the teachers are claiming that they "feel" that their religious beliefs have been hampered, that doesn't make it true...

However, to me it seems they were fired for an insufficient cause. They feel as though they were fired for the "wrong" reasons. In that, they are correct. They just happen to be hitching their wagon to the wrong "wrong reason" horse... but that does not justify them being terminated to begin with.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yeah, we are.

Might want to tell that to laminatedsoul who is clinging to the argument that gay parents will equal a gay child.
edit on 18-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: The.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

So you believe they were wrongfully dismissed but not for the reasons they themselves are citing...

I don't even know the name of that fallacy.
edit on 18-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Vagueness.

link   
The only game that is being played is by the attorney for the two disgruntled former employees.

Gender identity is not always binary ... perhaps the kid is fluid and/or non-binary.

Let's ignore what kids are and what they feel or know to be true though in favor of what we believe about the situation.

That's the real important thing here.

/retch

link   
People never look at it form another point of view, if your Child went to school and a teacher purposely called them the wrong pronoun and refused to call them what their "Assigned Gender Pronoun" was, would you get upset?

Children understand their Gender-Identity much sooner than we think

www.healthychildren.org...
How Does Gender Identity Develop in Children?
Around two-years-old, children become conscious of the physical differences between boys and girls. Before their third birthday, most children are easily able to label themselves as either a boy or a girl. By age four, most children have a stable sense of their gender identity. During this same time of life, children learn gender role behavior—that is, do­ing "things that boys do" or "things that girls do."

thinkprogress.org...
A new study finds that transgender children, young people who assert a gender different from what was assigned at birth, identity as consistently and innately with that gender identity as other kids their age who are not trans.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

If you actually go back and read both articles I provided, you will notice that the school states that it is not their policy to discuss employment matters in any detail.

Of course, this isn't really about the facts of the matter.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Yeah, we are.

Might want to tell that to laminatedsoul who is clinging to he argument that gay parents will equal a gay child.

Interesting thing about some gay parents, they want the same thing as hetero parents --- a straight child.

They don't want their children to suffer as they have. But, are probably better at recognizing and accepting a child who seems "different".

edit on 18-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Yeah I knew I was a boy at that age, these people knew as well it's just some ridiculous cognitive dissonance at play.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Charlie:

I think you may be thinking of the "Deny At Any Cost" fallacy aka the "Eat Up With It" conundrum.

My memory may not be clear on the issue though, so, grain of salt.

Cheers.

edit on 18-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Darth_Prime

Yeah I knew I was a boy at that age, these people knew as well it's just some ridiculous cognitive dissonance at play.

Because it's not something you accept?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Sorry?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Sorry?

That was a question.

I don't understand what you were saying.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I'm as confused as you.

I was agreeing with Darth...

I knew my gender at the age of 6, so why wouldn't the child in question...

I'm sure everyone here did as well they just don't like to admit it because it would make their derogatory statements stand out as hypocritical.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I'm as confused as you.

I was agreeing with Darth...

I knew my gender at the age of 6, so why wouldn't the child in question...

I'm sure everyone here did as well they just don't like to admit it because it would make their derogatory statements stand out as hypocritical.

OK

So you agree this young transgender girl (in a boy gender body) knows she's a girl.

CORRECTION: young transgender boy (in a girl gender body) knows she's a boy.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

So you agree they were wrongfully dismissed but not for the reasons they themselves are citing...

I don't even know the name of that fallacy.

I'm saying that since the school has not (as their policy) indicated why the teachers were released, we have NO IDEA whether or not what the teachers are saying is true (that they were fired for refusing to call a girl a boy).

So, we basically have ONLY one side of the story (the teachers' side).

With that limited information.... YOU indicated "case closed."

What is the name of THAT fallacy?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime I find this topic confusing because I don't understand what makes a girl a girl or a boy a boy. As a girl, I played with ''boy'' toys, played ''boy'' games, but didn't think I was a boy. One show I had watched told of a mother who showed her young son a doll and a truck and because the boy chose the doll, she ''knew'' her son was a girl. How does a young person aside from clothing and toys feel a certain gender. In this day and age I like to think that males and females can ''do'' anything the other can ''do''. Boys used to skateboard and now many girls do too.
I'm just hoping someone can help me to understand, besides body parts, what makes a person feel like a male or female?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I just had to double check the OP source...

It's a boy in a girls body.

"The teacher refused to call him a boy".

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

No, we have both sides of the story because the school have denied the allegation.

I believe them.

You believe the teachers but not for the reasons they suggest...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I just had to double check the OP source...

It's a boy in a girls body.

"The teacher refused to call him a boy".

Sorry. Yes, I shoulda double checked that. Think I was mixing up with Jenner.

I'm a bit off. Was up all night with my 8 year old boy. Stomach flu.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

No, we have both sides of the story because the school have denied the allegation.

Please enlighten me... why were the teachers fired exactly? Because the defendant denied the allegations?

Oh, wait, you believe them so that makes it true.

I'm willing to wait and see what may become public during trial (if it goes that far) before claiming to know all the facts... but I'm silly like that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join