It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange wording on Sky News report regarding Paris attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hi ATS first off apologies for another Paris thread. Upon reading SkepticOverlord's thread about some of the threads being started surrounding the recent attacks I'll be happy if this thread turns out to be complete rubbish so is welcome if the mods if they decide to delete this thread and apologies if the thread seems totally pointless but I was a bit bemused by the wording in a new headline

So I was using the sky news app to read up on what's going on in the world when an article came up that mentions that the attackers sent a SMS message saying "We are off, we are starting" not long before the attacks started. So I'm reading it and a few paragraphs in this is written.

Paris prosecutor Francois Molin said authorities are working to identify the recipient of the message.
"I can confirm that a portable phone was found in a bin outside the Bataclan concert hall," he said.
"An SMS text message was sent at 21.42 (9.42pm) by a member of the commandos saying: 'We are off, we are starting'."

What's strange about this you may ask? The word COMMANDOS
when did a highly trained group of TERRORISTs all of a sudden start being called commandos. Now I'm not trying to say that the attacks were a false flag attack or it was an inside job or that security agencies knew that the attacks would happen. I'm not trying to offend anyone with what I'm saying as the whole incident is truly shocking and sad at the same time and my heart goes out to everyone effected in the attacks

I just thought is was an odd way of wording regarding there matter. I'll post a screen shot and a link to the article
Link: news.sky.com...

Screenshot in case it's gets changed

So what do you say ATS is this odd or am I over reading what's being written. As stated at the start of the thread if what I say is complete rubbish I encourage (for the good of ATS) that admin or mods delete this thread

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Commando means 'a soldier specially trained to carry out raids'. ISIS has soldiers specially trained. I do find it odd that the word attacker or terrorist wasn't used. Not sure if it was a slip or just an odd word choice. Nice catch.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
I see what you are saying and see where you are coming from just seems odd they have gone from attackers/terrorists to commandos. I think I'm just over looking it but couldn't help posting to see what others have to say

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Is it possible that Commandos is the closest word that comes up when translated ?

I got an email from someone in china saying i was a lovely man for my kind words.
When all i did was send an inquiry about a slurry pump for work.
Sometimes words get lost or jumbled in translation.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
This may well be the case, I wasn't hoping that I've found something outlandish surrounding the whole event but just reading it, it didn't sound right
thanks for your input

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Commando means 'a soldier specially trained to carry out raids'. ISIS has soldiers specially trained. I do find it odd that the word attacker or terrorist wasn't used. Not sure if it was a slip or just an odd word choice. Nice catch.

Yes, a raiding party, but goes back a while. Maybe something picked up in a translation from the French in this case, their meaning may be more archaic than formal state military as most of us English speaking today would interpret the meaning, perhaps always in the realm of heroic.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Any way you look at this (and there are at the very ]least two possible ways to straight off), this is very interesting. I wonder how it surfaced....

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The French have a strong commando tradition. And generally, "commando" implies infantry involved in some sort of irregular warfare. This pretty much fits the definition of the "terrorist" attackers. Depending on who was using the word, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Not your typical press release, which wold jump at the chance to say "terrorist" though, no.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Commandos = Muslims and the religion of terror, oh sorry peace as our blessed politicians and leaders would have you believe.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aspie
Commandos = Muslims and the religion of terror, oh sorry peace as our blessed politicians and leaders would have you believe.

That's deliberately off a serious topic, why the need?? Even there you have it wrong in the sense that the word Commando was first given as a troupe, unit or ensemble...take your pick, Commandos is more of an easy way to make the plural in English, wrong, but it stuck.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
a reply to: reldra
I see what you are saying and see where you are coming from just seems odd they have gone from attackers/terrorists to commandos. I think I'm just over looking it but couldn't help posting to see what others have to say

You would have to ask Francois Molin. Also why he called it a portable phone, and not a mobile phone.

Paris prosecutor Francois Molin said authorities are working to identify the recipient of the message.

"I can confirm that a portable phone was found in a bin outside the Bataclan concert hall," he said.

"An SMS text message was sent at 21.42 (9.42pm) by a member of the commandos saying: 'We are off, we are starting'."

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Any way you look at this (and there are at the very ]least two possible ways to straight off), this is very interesting. I wonder how it surfaced....

How what surfaced? I heard this on the local news here in Australia before today.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Not every term translates as "terrorist".

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Probably translation issues. In French the word "commando" may mean "raider" or "hit squad".

It gets tedious when every word and full stop is over-examined to find an inconsistency in reporting during fluid situation.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Maybe it's just a useless robot or person who writes it. A bit further down from the commandos , how do you drive in convoy ten minutes apart from each other.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Perhaps it is an intentional escalation of the word terrorist in order to give more credence to Article 5 of the NATO charter.

Article 5

The problem with that is the fact that the majority of these 'commandos' were French and Belgian citizens.
edit on 19/11/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Is it possible that Commandos is the closest word that comes up when translated ?

I got an email from someone in china saying i was a lovely man for my kind words.
When all i did was send an inquiry about a slurry pump for work.
Sometimes words get lost or jumbled in translation.

No it's not. Strangely enough the French word for commando is commando......

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

They're reporting just now that the "ringleader" was killed in Saint Denis....who didn't see that coming....
I knew they wouldn't catch this guy alive.

.....did we catch any 9/11 bombers?.....nooooo...did we get any from London?.......nooooo.....what about Madrid?.....nooooo.

edit on 19-11-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join