It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As States Turn Away Refugees – All Paris Attackers Identified So Far are EU Nationals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Perhaps it's a good idea to stop allowing people to travel to Syria for unspecified reasons?

Also, how easy is it to forge papers saying you are from anywhere? Syrian papers are like Zimbabwean dollars these days ... the same people providing those forgeries could easily be forging other documents, too. Does anyone really know who anybody is in this mess?

Great idea. Restrict or stop travel - not just to Syria, but everywhere. At least until everyone is chipped or tatted. Ban demonstrations and public gatherings permanently, everywhere. Make the 'state of emergency' permanent, everywhere. Only allow upper-level corporate poobahs the freedom to travel, gather and otherwise.

[/sarcasm]

edit on 18/11/15 by soficrow because: sp

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't want these people living next to me, but I don't want to hurt them either. Can't we just leave them the hell alone? THAT is the answer.

Nice idea. However, you can't just go in and cause strife and then leave and refuse to help or do anything to aid the healing that is obviously required. I'm afraid you're in it for the long haul, as we all should be because we are all human and we all need to help each other by improving living conditions,
Pulling out and turning your back is the last thing you should do.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Gryphon66

Great post. But you forgot Nazi.

Godwin's, you know.

Can't offer such low-hanging fruit, LOL.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
I think saying that they have not been recruited by ISIS nor belong to it is jumping the gun.

An idea does not need a formal process of recruiting, even people who are considered radicalized can just adapt and claim affiliations to that idea of a radicalized Islam. Is what i am saying.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Regardless they are of the nations from which the refugees are arriving from.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I was just ready to post the following information since before 10 minutes ago when news over the radio is just now reporting about this another new terrorist attack. How about that for foresight. I'm sure they will be separate threads about this.

Other terrorist groups who is an Islamic extremist group based in north eastern Nigeria, also active in Chad, Niger and northern Cameroon. The group's leader is Abubakar Shekau. The group had alleged links to al-Qaeda, but in March 2015, it announced its allegiance to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. Since the current insurgency started in 2009, it has killed 20,000 and displaced 2.3 million from their homes.

wiki

Kano, Nigeria: Two female suicide bombers blew themselves up at a mobile phone market in the northern Nigerian city of Kano on Wednesday, killing at least 12 people and wounding about 60 others, a Red Cross official and police said.

Nigeria attacks

Boko Haram threat staus

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
These were EU nationals but most probably at some point they traveled to Syria and Iraq and got training.

If not all, then some might have gotten training by someone who went to ME and was trained by ISIS or AQ.

Closing of the borders was done to stop any bad elements from leaving France.

Problem in ME is Saudi Arabia and its comprehensive support for all sorts of Wahabbi ideologies and elements. This along with US addiction for regime changes creates civil wars and AQ/FSA type armies are quickly formed in the name of Jihad.

Egypt learned the lessons quickly and cut the losses by reinstating the army supported secular dictatorship.

US should attack Saudi Arabia and capture all its oil and distribute the oil revenues equally and each year to all the ME nations. That would be the end of war on terror and global terrorism.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

By Eu Nationals you mean muslim ex- immigrants that have taken European Nationality.

Would an endogenous French christian for ex. become a jihadist supporter terrorist? No?

Isn't isis gaining support and recruits from the muslims worldwide? ...
Even moderate muslims like the Turks, were booing and yelling allah $n@ckbar during the moment of silence for the french victims.
Isn't adding so many muslims in Europe eventually adding potential supporters of isis? ...

What's really going on with this pro-refugee agenda of some?

Even more concern rises after all these threats of isis, that they'll come into Eu among the refuges,
especially after the recent bloodbath and various previous terrorist acts,
after vast numbers of refuges entering Europe on boats without any papers,
and many of them are in reality young males from Afghanistan, Irag and who knows where else...,
Also, they suspiciously ignore other muslim countries on their way, since their target is only Eu...

Don't tell me you can't see the problem with all this...
real refuges stay on the first country they feel safe , they don't go on a roadtrip in Europe...

ps Why are you using the children photo in the op? trying too hard to raise sympathy for the intruders?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don't want these people living next to me, but I don't want to hurt them either. Can't we just leave them the hell alone? THAT is the answer.

I tend to agree with that.

I'm not against rendering humanitarian aid in this case, up to and including providing assistance to resettle them in moderate Muslim countries, but given the potential risk of ISIS members or sympathizers slipping through the cracks, I can't support the idea of bringing them over here. That may not be fair to the many who aren't, but I think the first priority has to be the safety and security of our own country.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
With refugee parents...

Going back and forth to the Middle East for training, this argument is irrelevant the problem remains safety is a major concern...

Think it's bad now? It's about to get worse for all of them...
edit on 18-11-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I can't figure out how to start a new thread in this forum, so I'm going to post it here. Has anyone else had this problem?

ISIS has threatened NYC in a new propaganda video. Here's a link to the NY Post's report:

NY Post report on ISIS threat against NYC

The above link has an edited version of ISIS' video. The next link, from the Mirror in the UK, has the full version of the video but in Arabic:

Mirror UK report about ISIS threat against NYC

Again, I would have started a new thread but am having technical problems with this website. Sorry about that!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Which Muslim nations? The ones already so poor or so stretched to capacity by the millions they have taken in from Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, and other countries in turmoil? The ones already torn apart with refugee issues of their own? Or the ones like Saudi Arabia where the disgustingly rich will pen them up and all but ensure them no future?
edit on 11/18/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: charlyv

The POINT is, they are not refugees.

Sorry I didn't make that clear. I do tend to run with things and get a bit off track.

Got that. I did not think they were refugees either, it was a convenient way to re-infiltrate them.
Asleep at the helm not having maximum scrutiny on everyone that they let in.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

If they're not willing to accept them, then yes, that's a potential problem. That does nothing, however, to reduce my concerns about bringing them here.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

They did this in April too.

Here's is the April video and a story on it from NBC, who won't show the video, and says LE is reporting no credible threat. The video isn't on Youtube yet but no doubt will be soon.

NBC Report

April Video

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Fortunately, national leaders are all re-affirming their commitments to welcome refugees, including Hollande in France.

It's a bold move Cotton, We'll see how it plays out.

They may have been nationals but I think it would be dumb and reckless to turn a blind eye on the refugees. Still possible for a mastermind/recruiter to come in with the refugees, lay low, coordinate, and remain hidden.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Where have we gone wrong as parents or grandparents? To the point our children can be radicalized by forces so foreign to their upbringing. I see it happen here in the US with white supremacism, and I wonder where we have gone wrong.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Maybe we set aside logic and reason and compassion and get distracted by and fall for the lies being fed to us by the force that seek to manipulate and control and divide us too easily.

We also don't THINK enough about the consequences of our own actions and responsibilities in the grand scheme of things and are far too stubborn to even listen to someone else anymore, never mind compromise or work on common goals. Instead we'd rather sit on the interwebs all day thinking we're going to "win" something.

It's all pretty obvious if you don't get too invested or too focused on just one thing.

Just some guesses because I really don't know anymore.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Maybe we set aside logic and reason and compassion and get distracted by and fall for the lies being fed to us by the force that seek to manipulate and control us too easily.

I am not the poster child for parenthood, been married three times, a couple of long time live in's, but have come in contact with a lot of children over the years. I have two 20 something's now, and I will positively say that neither of them could be radicalize by anything, snakes maybe. What is it that allows these EU young ones, or those here in the US to be radicalized by something so far out of the way they were raised?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Thank you! No doubt the full version will be on YouTube soon. I don't know if this repeat threat is because ISIS is trying to build on anxiety from Paris, or if this is real. I don't think anyone can afford to ignore it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join