It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Patriot Act II coming soon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

There was so much anger over the surveillance and the infringement on citizens rights being constantly violated? Yet, here we are with another terrorists attack. No, it did not happen on American soil like 9/11 did, but are we so sure that it won't be coming here next, again?

I mean whatever 9/11 was, it did put us on the path we have been on with regard to national security. Perhaps, this is their way of getting Americans on board with reinstating another version of the Patriot Act.

I have suggested before that I personally do not care if they read every e-mail or eavesdrop on any of my phone calls, I have nothing to hide.

Question is where terrorists cells are involved, and I do believe they exist on American soil, don't we want them caught before they blow up or shoot up American citizens? Are we not willing to allow them to keep tabs on us for the sake of our children? Or our parents?

If you have nothing to hide why do you care? You want your privacy? They only care if your are doing something illegal that has direct overtures or tendencies towards violence.

I say reinstate it, give us Patriot Act II. Do it now.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Why the need for a Patriot Act II?
They just do whatever the hell they want outside the law anyway.

To the NSA worker stuck with the terrible job of reading everything on my computer screen.... hope you're doing well. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I find your post disturbing and very unamerican..

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
No the enforcement of the laws resulting from the Patriot Act coming soon. They already have everything they need thanks to executive orders and Neocons and Americans being themselves by being clueless and not giving a damn while thinking they give a damn.
edit on 18-11-2015 by tomatosoup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
My God...

A few people killed on the other side of the world.

And you a volunteerly just giving up your few remaining Rights ?

Please tell me I misunderstood.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I'm SLOWLY learning who the OP is... his (or her) personality... his (or her) sense of humor.
I think you have to adjust your sarcasm detector.

(Of course, I could be wrong).

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Nope. Not gonna happen.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

There was so much anger over the surveillance and the infringement on citizens rights being constantly violated? Yet, here we are with another terrorists attack. No, it did not happen on American soil like 9/11 did, but are we so sure that it won't be coming here next, again?

I mean whatever 9/11 was, it did put us on the path we have been on with regard to national security. Perhaps, this is their way of getting Americans on board with reinstating another version of the Patriot Act.

I have suggested before that I personally do not care if they read every e-mail or eavesdrop on any of my phone calls, I have nothing to hide.

Question is where terrorists cells are involved, and I do believe they exist on American soil, don't we want them caught before they blow up or shoot up American citizens? Are we not willing to allow them to keep tabs on us for the sake of our children? Or our parents?

If you have nothing to hide why do you care? You want your privacy? They only care if your are doing something illegal that has direct overtures or tendencies towards violence.

I say reinstate it, give us Patriot Act II. Do it now.

No, we are not willing to give up even more freedoms for anything. Not for any reason. That is a core belief you should have if you live here.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yea patriot act II is exactly what the enimies of you want.
Yes, please. Let us live in hell.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
― Benjamin Franklin

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Your name isn't O'Brien, is it?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Patriot Act 2 ?

The first one was the FISA ACT under Carter.

The second one was the Omnibus Counter Terrorsim Act under Clinton.

The Patriot Act 3 came under Bush.

The 4th incarnation was the 'Affordable' Care act under Obama with it's 'datahub'.

We are up to 5 now.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Patriot Act 2 ?

The first one was the FISA ACT under Carter.

The second one was the Omnibus Counter Terrorsim Act under Clinton.

The Patriot Act 3 came under Bush.

The 4th incarnation was the 'Affordable' Care act under Obama with it's 'datahub'.

We are up to 5 now.

The ACA is in no way, shape or form a 4th incarnation of this,

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The ACA is in no way, shape or form a 4th incarnation of this,

The Federal Data Services Hub (Hub), a component of the health insurance exchanges created by Obamacare, connects seven different government agencies and establish new access points to the sensitive personal information of the American public.

www.usatoday.com...

When shoppers apply for health insurance through the forthcoming state-based Obamacare exchanges, the online system will verify each applicant's information by pulling in data from more than half a dozen federal agencies ranging from the IRS to the Peace Corps. It will know who you are, how much money you make, and whether or not you're in the United States legally.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

McCain is working on his own revision

John McCain wants to outlaw encryption that the US government can't crack

www.businessinsider.com...

Apparently, terrorist won't be able to find those back doors in his universe, but somehow I don't think that is what its about.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Whoa now, slow your roll junior. This wasn't channeled by the galactic federation now was it?

No we aren't giving up our rights period end of story, and if this was meant to be satirical or funny it's not.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

No we aren't giving up our rights period end of story

you need to add AGAIN to that sentence.

and if this was meant to be satirical or funny it's not.

Sadly I think if the Randi Challenge still existed the OP would have a great chance of collecting the million dollars for predicting the future.

edit on 331130America/ChicagoWed, 18 Nov 2015 19:33:43 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I sure hope we don't devolve into even more of a police/survelience state than we already are.

It's fear. Why is everyone so afraid? You scared? Buy some guns, get some dogs, get new locks on your doors and windows, get your will in order and spend some money on self defense lessons-Karate, Kempo/Kenpo, Krav Maga, Jiu-Jitsu, Boxing...anything real, get some pepper spray, but for godsake turn off the news stations, the talk radio and quit being afraid and quit living in fear.

The only thing I know is that we don't need more government spying on us and any of our rights taken away. Interestingly enough, it's the leadership of both parties that want to take our rights away and give more funding to the NSA-Republicans and Democrats.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Between this and the deport and monitor all Muslims thread my head is about to explode from all the fantastically stupid posts being made on ATS as a result of the Paris attacks.
edit on -06:00Wed, 18 Nov 2015 19:50:18 -0600201518America/Chicago2015-11-18T19:50:18-06:0030vx11 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well, they might as well put in Patriot act 2, or 5 or whatever. For all the American people care, they can do what ever the hell they want with us. As long as we have our Monday night football, and the wife can follow the latest celeb gossip.

Then it's off to work with us in the morning, gotta pay those bills boys! While your there, ask around to the people you interact with on a day to day basis, most of them probably never even heard of the original patriot act. Or if they have, they don't care.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join