It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I (wo)man up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hello all my friends. I wanted to share a silly story. Let's take a break away from all the chaos right now. We won't forget of course but let's step away and giggle at my story.

So me and my 10 yr old son will be taking a trip to St. Loui with his school. We are super stoked about this. We are all paid up and ready to roll out tomorrow!!

Well we will be visiting the city museum first then on to the arch of St. Louis. I told my friend today that there's no way in heck I'm going to the top. She dared me to do it. And I told her no thanks, then she goes on to double dog dare me!!! I'm still refusing... She says I cannot refuse a double dog dare, and if I do refuse then I'm a wimp!!

Well... I'm still very reluctant to be honest.. I just don't like heights and I've been to the top before.. When I was 12.
So I ask my son if he will go to the top, he asks me if there is stairs to take up? I have no idea to that question. I thought it was only an elevator that took folks up to the top. I say to him that there might only be elevators and he said he can't do it cause he's scared of elevators!!

I ask him if he will go to the top if there are only elevators and he told me that he would just man up and go!!
hahahahaha!!!! I love it! I hope he does ... But the question remains.. Can mama (wo)man it up??

Edit: I wanted to add that the arch is 630 feet tall(192 meters) !!!!

-nat
edit on Wed Nov 18 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: added images

edit on 18-11-2015 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
What on Earth is a 'double dog dare'?
Sounds a bit primary school to me,fried my brain even thinking about people using phrases like that.
Good luck.
edit on 18/11/2015 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Lol. Yea it is school age stuff. And I'm a big kid as my friend is too!!! And ya know what? ... It's fun to still be a kid inside.. Much peace to ya
www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: natalia

I double dog dare you to do it too!....Or is that triple?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

My son loves futurama(love your profile pic). I've been trying to catch up and watch all episodes with him. It's a great show. He's already finished all of it.
And yes now if you dare me its a triple dog dare now!! Hahahahaha!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
How do they make an elevator work in there? Are there any windows?

Last time I did something brave I just looked around me at all the other people doing it, nobody was panicking, so I just got on with it too.

Plus - if you could do it at 12... what would 12 year old you say if she thought that grown-up you couldn't repeat the feat?

Don't wimp out - do it, have a laugh and send a big raspberry back to 12 year old Natalia

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: natalia
a reply to: EA006

My son loves futurama(love your profile pic). I've been trying to catch up and watch all episodes with him. It's a great show. He's already finished all of it.
And yes now if you dare me its a triple dog dare now!! Hahahahaha!!!

I try and not take things too seriously so I wanted a profile to reflect that. It was the Zapper or Bender lol

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Lol..(wo)man up lady..and pics or it didn't happen :p

I'm cheering for ya! (from ground level of course)

blend57

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Are you there yet ?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Hey there!! So I DID IT!!!!! And I don't have pics yet. I will try my darnedest to get the picture off my camera on to a computer. I was so proud of myself ! Hahaha. Once I was there I felt like I couldn't say no. It was like a little pod type thing we went up in, a mini pod type thing that fit 5 people at a time and it took 4 minutes to go up and 3 minutes to come down. It was so fun being up so tall. Everyone down below looked so tiny and the landscape was pretty interesting.
I am so glad I will always have that memory now with my son

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Read what I responded to blend. ^^It was a pod thing and not an elevator. It was really neat and such an experience! I did it and am so glad!

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It is an elevator and be sure to take your camera/video camera. Please be sure to visit the museum that's beneath the arch, also.

ETA: I was writing while you were responding, can't wait for the pics!
edit on 23-11-2015 by NightFlight because: St. Louis, 'nuff said...

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

WooHoo!!!

You did it!

When you looked down, did you see me in the crowd of people? I was the one wearing the white shirt

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Well done - I've been rooting for you.

I had to climb a step ladder today - 2 steps - and I thought of you and how I'd much rather be in an elevator. Or pod

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Alright! Fear has once again lost!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hey guys. Yes my fear was conquered grayeagle. I'm proud of that.

Bad news is, I can't prove it with a pic yet. I lost the cord to my camera and now have to wait till we have money to be able to buy a new one.

Peace to you all

new topics

top topics

join