It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dartmouth Administrator Sides With #BlackLivesMatter Protesters Who Disrupted Library

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
www.mediaite.com...

After protesters disrupted students studying in the school library Thursday with racist chants and harassment, at least one Dartmouth University administrator apologized… to the ones doing the harassing, that is.

As Mediaite reported earlier in the week, students affiliated with the #BlackLivesMatter movement disrupted students studying for exams. Media reports indicate that protesters chanted phrases such as “# you, you filthy white #s!” “# you and your comfort!” and “# you, you racist #s!” The conservative Dartmouth Review and anonymous users of the popular college app YikYak even reported that the protesters got into physical confrontations with female and male students alike.

But according to The Dartmouth, at least one member of the administration is siding with the protesters. At a supportive meeting, Vice provost for student affairs Inge-Lise Ameer “apologized to students who engaged in the protest for the negative responses and media coverage that they have received.”

“There’s a whole conservative world out there that’s not being very nice,” Ameer said. She noted that no students had filed any complaints about violence, saying it was nothing more than a “peaceful meeting” turned “political protest.”

A few days ago, BLM "protesters" raided a library and proceeded to launch racist attacks on the white students who were studying for finals. The BLM members got in to the faces of white people and called them "dirty white #s" and "racist #s". As of today the University administrator apologizes to the racist BLM members for conservative" blow back from their racist attack.

What is going on here? I can barely believe it even though I've been fully expect this type of thing to happen. It seems our universities are truly producing and promoting anti-white racism. It's not just the universities either, but our media and even the Democratic party who openly supports this and other racist organizations. How can this be? What is going on?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What is it with some folk? Can they not see the hypocrisy by being racist towards white folk?.
Is it the education system over there?.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Seems to me college has become more about protesting than actual learning. Maybe they should make the library into a safe study zone

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I respected this movement (BLM) up until the point when they felt their plight in humanity was more worthy than that of the Parisians that died in a terrorist attack and the families that lost loved ones.

Oh yeah, and when they started yelling racist comments towards white people.

I have black family members so, go ahead and try to call me racist.

I am more than empathetic to the racism that my own FAMILY members go through so, that card just will not play.

edit on 18-11-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Sounds like bull#.

Smells like dog #.

2 minutes of video and they didn't catch anything racist...

But it happened.

You have to believe me because a conservative blog decided so.
edit on 18-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Spelling and spacing. Noted!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
These poor babies. What happens when they get to the real world? When they have to actually work for a living? Just whine till their bosses give them money. "You poor thing, you don't even have to show up, we'll just send you a check" If any of those people who were attacked had fought back, they'd be in jail. That an administrator apologized to them for their out of control behavior, just encourages them to more violent tactics. These is sickening and all the coddling and hand holding has to stop. Makes me glad my kids have already said they won't be going to schools like this.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

No one is going to want to send their child to a school with Administrators that are not making the safety of our children the number one priority. If I am going to pay 50k+ a year for my daughter's education I don't need a side of social anarchy added into the deal.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I guess if you are strong enough to not file any protest to being name called and abused like that then nothing wrong happened. What the he'll is wrong with people? How can in a supposedly "tolerant" University that kind of language be allowed? Forget race, it was demeaning language to women. Why is anyone allowed to abuse another student like that? Somebody please explain the rationale.
edit on 18-11-2015 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
A light bulb just went off in my head after reading this thread - seriously! It correlates with the ISIS terrorist movement. It is said that ISIS wants negative attention in order to feed their cause. After reading about this group of kids at this one university (and so far, only this one), they’re doing exactly the same thing. They get in the faces of people (whites) and try to antagonize them. If they succeed, it will become a media free-for-all. Can you imagine if that happens? I would expect the same to repeat at other colleges. And, just like ISIS, none of the peaceful leadership comes out to speak against it. Method to the madness.
edit on 11-18-2015 by LogicalGraphitti because: Edit for clarity

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Sounds like bull#.

Smells like dog #.

2 minutes of video and they didn't catch anything racist...

But it happened.

You have to believe me because a conservative blog decided so.

Mediaite is a left leaning site. It was started by Dan Abrams.

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
A light bulb just went off in my head after reading this thread - seriously! It correlates with the ISIS terrorist movement. It is said that ISIS wants negative attention in order to feed their cause. After reading about this group of kids at this one university (and so far, only this one), they’re doing exactly the same thing. They get in the faces of people (whites) and try to antagonize them. If they succeed, it will become a media free-for-all. Can you imagine if that happens? I would expect the same to repeat at other colleges. And, just like ISIS, none of the peaceful leadership comes out to speak against it. Method to the madness.

This is happening at several universities now. Just today students at Princeton "protested" and made many demands like black only "save zones", one of which was scrubbing references to Woodrow Wilson.

www.mediaite.com...
edit on 18-11-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I'm not talking about Mediaite, I'm talking about the Dartmouth Review that Mediaite sourced and labelled "conservative".

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Of course, the protesters themselves have also spoken out in the aftermath of their march. One woman, identifying herself as one of the protesters in a lengthy post to Facebook, wrote, “we raised hell, we caused discomfort, and we made our voices heard all throughout this campus in the name of standing up for our brothers and sisters across the country who are staring terrorism and assault directly in the face.” She went on to accuse those she thought were insincere in their support for the movement of “faking allyship,” and called the activities an “occupation of Baker Berry.”

www.dartreview.com...

One woman was reportedly pinned to a wall by protesters who shouted “filthy white b–-” in her face.

www.washingtontimes.com...

“F*** you, you filthy white f***s!” protesters shouted at students studying for exams Thursday. “F*** you and your comfort!”

“F*** you, you racist s***!” they screamed between relentless chants of “Black lives matter!”

eagnews.org...

opening the doors of study spaces with students reviewing for exams. Those who tried to close their doors were harassed further. One student abandoned the study room and ran out of the library. The protesters followed her out of the library, shouting obscenities the whole way.

Students who refused to listen to or join their outbursts were shouted down. “Stand the f*** up!” “You filthy racist white piece of s***!” Men and women alike were pushed and shoved by the group. “If we can’t have it, shut it down!” they cried. Another woman was pinned to a wall by protesters who unleashed their insults, shouting “filthy white b****!” in her face.

www.dartreview.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I'm not talking about Mediaite, I'm talking about the Dartmouth Review that Mediaite sourced and labelled "conservative".

What is your point exactly? Are you claiming all the people who have reported from the scene are lying?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
What is it with some folk? Can they not see the hypocrisy by being racist towards white folk?.
Is it the education system over there?.

No, it's the misinformation system over here--it's the lack of personal responsibility coupled with the engrained sense of entitlement and feeling that people are owed something that leads to this type of crap.

new topics

top topics

join