It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the UK Launch Airstrikes against ISIS in Syria ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dam00

My friend, the examples in history are plentiful, also the resistance to take such extreme measure to ensure the safety of the west has always been there, however history shines a light, not just because we won but because we did the right thing for man kind, and yet people will still disagree with those choices, however they are in a free society and because of that they have a right to disagree and be herd, and I love that and it needs to be protected at any cost. That's my position and will remain to be, we can be here disagree and yet we can compromise and work together as a team and even build family's with conflicting ideologies but that is a freedom that has been built on the blood of our forefathers, and so with all that said we must stand for what is right and protect the internal society that we have.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Permission from the government of Syria is needed before bombing their landscape. Anything else is just wrong.

Totally agree and yet we have Cameron's asinine comment a few days ago

"IS do not respect borders, why should we"

It disgusts me when governments circumvent international law to forward their own political agenda.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

But Unlike Al queda and the other groups who had very clear objectives ie "keep out the ME " ISIS only objective is to kill anyone not ISIS.

I just dont see how we and ISIS can coexist in the same world. We might have caused the conditions that made there rise possible, but now they are here I just cant seem them going away. It might be a case of we broke it we brought it.

Plus unlike Iraq and Afganitsan its not going to be just us and the USA. If we play it right its going to basicaly the whole world against ISIS.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

eh bombing only goes so far and there is no shortage of participants for bombing isis, put the SAS on the ground in kurdish territory and help the kurds take more ground

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Yes, and the long answer yes. A ground invasion and occupation will likely occur from all of this and probably must in order to snuff these extremists out.

Name one war where that worked, just one.
-----
No.

Our involvement in Iraq helped cause this. Bombing or putting boots on the ground will only ever make the situation worse. Kill one fighter and chances are all you've done is recruit is friends, family and children. The West needs to stop pretending we're wanted over there - as we lack a basic understanding of the history and complexity of this and all other ME conflicts as they're done by warlords, tribes, sects etc... not borders.

Save the money for security and basic services which are needed over here.

originally posted by: deliberator
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Permission from the government of Syria is needed before bombing their landscape. Anything else is just wrong.

Totally agree and yet we have Cameron's asinine comment a few days ago

"IS do not respect borders, why should we"

It disgusts me when governments circumvent international law to forward their own political agenda.

Indeed, he and Hollande have been using the same language as ISIS the last couple of days with their 'no mercy/wipe off map' comments. We should be leading by example, not by how many people we can kill.
edit on 18-11-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Is there any requirement for further adding to the Russian, US and French Bombs dropping on Syria, Russia with the permission of the current regime and two countries not acknowledging the legality of this current regime. All saying they are targeting Daesh but Daesh have enslaved a lot of captured girls and younger ladies. ( murdering the older females ) They also have children, both captured and those brought along for the fun by their corrupted parents, they are trying to brainwash these or have brainwashed already.. Then think about many Syrian civilians that have managed to stay alive so far. Are more Bombs the answer I don't think so.. We need a more comprehensive plan than that. I think some helicopter lightning strikes are called for.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Yes...only because this should be all of the west not just the handful that normally participate. If the decision is to go to war with ISIS, then go to war. Stop deciding who should drop bombs if you're going to drop them, just do it and do it together.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I think genocide is a bit strong, unless we end up dropping a couple of nukes over there. I do get where your coming from though.

Hello Dam00

According to the lancet report the only peer reviewed study done on he subject maybe about 1 million died in Iraq mostly women and children.

Genocide is not a strong not a strong word its a truth of war.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

My friend, the examples in history are plentiful, also the resistance to take such extreme measure to ensure the safety of the west has always been there, however history shines a light, not just because we won but because we did the right thing for man kind, and yet people will still disagree with those choices, however they are in a free society and because of that they have a right to disagree and be herd, and I love that and it needs to be protected at any cost. That's my position and will remain to be, we can be here disagree and yet we can compromise and work together as a team and even build family's with conflicting ideologies but that is a freedom that has been built on the blood of our forefathers, and so with all that said we must stand for what is right and protect the internal society that we have.

Your are right of course ! I always say everyone has the right to an opinion, but just because you have an opinion dosen't mean its right.

My worry is that bombing them will only push them more to commit attrocoties over here, and we will only do half the job, if we are going to occupy a Country then we need to stop all entry to our shores from that Country.
Believe me that aint going to happen here.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Swills

The UK has been launching air strikes against IS for some time now.

Not in Syria.

Yes they have. The UK loaned out pilots and continue to loan out pilots to the USAF to do the bombings. That's how Cameron got around the vote in parliament not to get involved.

Well we cant have a British plane caught on camera or worse shot down over Syria can we.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Not in Syria.

Yes they have. The UK loaned out pilots and continue to loan out pilots to the USAF to do the bombings. That's how Cameron got around the vote in parliament not to get involved.

Well we cant have a British plane caught on camera or worse shot down over Syria can we.

Any thing to back that up with ?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dam00

Not in Syria.

David Cameron 'knew British pilots were bombing Syria' - as it happened, July 17, 2015

Thought it was common knowledge..

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
A quick search on Google and you would have found more.

British pilots took part in anti-Isis bombing campaign in Syria

First British Pilots In Airstrikes Over Syria
edit on 18-11-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dam00

Not in Syria.

David Cameron 'knew British pilots were bombing Syria' - as it happened, July 17, 2015

Thought it was common knowledge..

I dont see every news story. thanks for the info

Lets face it he will do what he wants anyway, grotty little man he is.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No? Hard to keep up with all the strikes against IS. I do recall reading last month the UK was talking about striking IS in Syria so I guess with the recent attacks in Paris the votes will be yay?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join