It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 30 Paris Muslims in City of 224,000 Muslims Turn Out to Protest Bloody ISIS Attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: UnBreakable

Source is the gateway pundit, a site that should be black listed from ATS.

Ok, here is another source, or don't you like this one either? At least this one has interviews. Even the protesters wonder why more Muslims are not speaking out.

"Speaking out: A group of around 30 French Muslims joined mourners in the Place de la Republique to condemn the Paris terror attacks.
Taking a stand: The demonstrators, who were all of Bangladeshi origin, held up banners and yelled: Unite against brutality, unite for humanity!'
'Muslims are not being loud enough,' Mohammad Hassan, 35, told MailOnline, 'This needed to be done because some Muslims are afraid of coming out to say the truth".
www.aina.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Avicenne
I wonder how many hugs he got.

Muslim man blindfolds himself in the centre of Paris for a life-affirming social experiment

The unnamed Muslim stood in the French capital’s Place de la République blindfolded with a sign that read: “I’m a Muslim but I’m told that I’m a terrorist. I trust you, do you trust me? If yes, hug me.”

link

Op should change the thread title to about 31 then, what is your point.
From the OP: Approximately 10-15% of Paris is Muslim or at least 224,000 people.

I would have been impressed with a hundred, going with ATS tradition "photo or it didn't happen.

some one also mentioned above that they may be afraid of reprisals. from an apparent minority shows how little faith they have in thier fellow moderate muslim to me

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Did you ever consider that it is Wednesday and all these Muslims you want speaking out against terror had jobs to go to? Or should Muslims just have to drop everything to run out and protest whenever something bad happens involving Muslims?
edit on 18-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The pundit is pure trash. A blog written by a man whose not a journalist that lies, misrepresents the truth, and is all about spreading messages of hate is not a valid source. In fact, what is his source for this? He literally just makes things up to pursue his twisted political agendas. Jim Hoft is not a valid source of anything but hard core right wingers love him because he is a hard core right winger.

Never heard of your other source but their source is the Daily Mail, a news outlet who has a long history of bigotry towards all things foreign, refugee, and immigration.

Maybe do more research into topics and sources before believing the hype.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Source is the gateway pundit, a site that should be black listed from ATS.

Ok, here is another source, or don't you like this one either? At least this one has interviews. Even the protesters wonder why more Muslims are not speaking out.

"Speaking out: A group of around 30 French Muslims joined mourners in the Place de la Republique to condemn the Paris terror attacks.
Taking a stand: The demonstrators, who were all of Bangladeshi origin, held up banners and yelled: Unite against brutality, unite for humanity!'
'Muslims are not being loud enough,' Mohammad Hassan, 35, told MailOnline, 'This needed to be done because some Muslims are afraid of coming out to say the truth".
www.aina.org...

Dont waste your time looking for better sources, there is good reason why you wont find any.

I wonder if any of the muslims on ATS can find pictures or sources where their religion has been denouncing ISIS atrocoties
seeing as it is their religion that is suffering from the apparent unnecessary battering.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This thread reeks of propaganda.

Perhaps, but it beats hiding your head in the sand and pretending we don't have a problem. I can guarantee that protests don't do anything, but provide soft targets.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Spreading lies and propaganda is better than nothing? I contest that assertion from the bottom of my heart. Spreading lies and propaganda is always the wrong decision.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

edit on 11jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is very disingenuous thread. Just because they didn't show up does not mean they do not support existing peacefully with the West or that they support extremists.

Have you ever noticed than many protests and rallies have low attendance for one simple reason?

People have lives. We have to work, take care of families, help a family member or maybe install a new fridge because the old one finally gave-out.

The most logical reason they didn't show to the protests is because they had something to do.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Did you ever consider that it is Wednesday and all these Muslims you want speaking out against terror had jobs to go to? Or should Muslims just have to drop everything to run out and protest whenever something bad happens involving Muslims?

So what your saying is that these 30 are the only unemployed Muslims in France. Let me see, France has a 10.7% unemployment rate, so out of 224,000 that would leave about 24,000 with free time. Say even half would be about 12,000 but only 30 bothered to protest a massacre committed by their own bretheren. Ok.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that it is Wednesday and people have work commitments. That doesn't necessarily mean that the people who DID show up didn't have work commitments either though. Don't invent false narratives.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Wait wait wait. Why is this being spun as only 30 Muslims showed up to protest?

30 dudes decided to join mourners and they started doing their own thing to protest against radical Islam. It wasn't some organized rally. It wasn't an organized protest. 30 guys got together and went to the site of one of the attacks and joined in with mourners, and while there they broke out their sign and began their chant.

So it was completely spontaneous, but we're mad that others didn't join in?

No offense OP but maybe you should watch MSM a little. See all the video of obviously Muslim women weeping at the memorials.

If I were a Muslim in Paris, I wouldn't go near any of those memorials. These 30 guys have balls.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Like I said, this thread reeks of propaganda.

link   
Does a picture and 3 sentences make a source? As they say in French, "C'est merde."

link   

Your opening words are correct. It is not true. There have been many Parisian Muslims who have made public demonstrations that they are against the Daesh, even before the attacks a few days ago. The linked source is quite notorious for news disinformation. There are many such websites like this catering to a narrow minded audience.

Across Europe there are Muslims making their voices be known that they do not welcome the Daesh.
In Neighborhood Tied To Paris Attackers, Muslims Rally Against ISIS

The AINA website also looks suspect.

(post by Hendrick99 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The pundit is pure trash. A blog written by a man whose not a journalist that lies, misrepresents the truth, and is all about spreading messages of hate is not a valid source. In fact, what is his source for this? He literally just makes things up to pursue his twisted political agendas. Jim Hoft is not a valid source of anything but hard core right wingers love him because he is a hard core right winger.

Never heard of your other source but their source is the Daily Mail, a news outlet who has a long history of bigotry towards all things foreign, refugee, and immigration.

Maybe do more research into topics and sources before believing the hype.

So you don't like 'gatewaypundit' or 'aina' or 'dailymail' as sources. Sorry I can't find one that suits your agenda.
edit on 11jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that it is Wednesday and people have work commitments. That doesn't necessarily mean that the people who DID show up didn't have work commitments either though. Don't invent false narratives.

PS: You just equated that the ENTIRE unemployment population of France was Muslim.

Don't try so hard. Neither source is credible and both are outright hack pieces. I mean look at the title from the Assyrian International News article: 30 Muslims Out of 1.8 Million in Paris Turn Up to Protest Terrorism.

It's like a satire from Borat or The Onion.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
If I were a Muslim in Paris, I wouldn't go near any of those memorials. These 30 guys have balls.

Too bad the other 223,970 don't. Maybe if they did, we wouldn't be in this position.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Looks to me the Imam asked the congregation for volunteers and 30 forgot the "one step back" routine....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join