It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"My white neighbor thought I was breaking into my own apartment. Nineteen cops showed up."

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I really hate how everything has to be a race issue.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: pl3bscheese

To assume the innocence or guilt of someone based on skin-color alone is racism. I never said anything about those who "take the available information into consideration".

You keep saying that, but it's not due to skin-color alone. That was the whole reason I replied to you in the first place. You're flame-baiting with a black and white interpretation like that.

There are 3 things here.

1. The report by herself

2. The report by the man who called in.

3. The statistics of racial discrimination in the US.

It's obviously not a matter of "based on skin-color alone". When you hear her report, plenty of wrong pops out to me. I'm not going to dismiss that because it hasn't been officially thrown into a case in a courtroom.
edit on 18-11-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

I live in a complex and have never seen many of my neighbors, including two that live in units directly across from mine. Not everyone is on the same schedule. It's very easy not to know who your neighbors are or what they look like, even when living right next door to someone. The last place I lived in I saw my next door neighbors once and lived there for 6 years. The only reason we even met was because someone totaled both our cars. They worked graveyards and I worked days.

It isn't the neighbors fault that an excessive amount of police showed up, they obviously thought someone was breaking in to the apartment and called the cops.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I dunno this is a non story. it does seem heavily embellished. and so what if a bunch of cops showed up to a suspected burglary. what she wanted no cops to investigate?

I'm white. I've had 4 cops draw guns in me and make me lay face down in an alley cause they thought I was a suspect who just carjacked somebody up the road. I've had lapd harass me with the spotlight on their helicopter while driving home from the library ending up with two squad cars that without warning barricaded my car and got out with guns drawn only to be told a second later by their dispatch that I was not the suspect. i guess the cops were so heavy handed because I'm white and not due to the circumstances at the moment.

this article is a fluff piece by someone looking for their 5 minutes of fame.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I am not even going to go back and forth with most of you all but you spit bags who commented and you know you did not read the links in the OP I will say this. You are some racist or race baitin mo fos and you know it. Seriously this line of responses was so in line with the same old same oh, I don't even know how to respond. Really?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I have seen White people call the cops on white neighbors in my neighborhood for this very thing. White people be hating whities, so racist.

Or a good neighbor ....

Only thing racist is the article and the lady.

I had no idea what was happening, but I saw how it would end: I would be dead in the stairwell outside my apartment, because something about me — a 5-foot-7, 125-pound black woman — frightened this man with a gun

Because all cops just shoot for no reason.

The article even states the person calling it in thought it was a HISPANIC not black person breaking in.

They asked me why I hadn’t come outside shouting, “I live here.”

Maybe if she wasn't so racist and was actually cooperative this would have gone smoothly. When a bunch of cops come to your door and ask you to come out and you refuse you can expect them to not listen to what you say after that.
edit on 19-11-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

Maybe your neighborhood is less prone to violent criminal activity? Who knows? Maybe the person who called it in described the person as someone the police happened to already be looking for? As with most things, there's not enough information here to make a judgement call. Actually, based on the other reports listed on here, I'd suggest it is a particularly violent area.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Come back when you've learned how to write a sentence.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The same thing happened to my brother a white man with red hair years ago.

He locked himself out of his house and went in through the bathroom window which he knew was unlocked.

His neighbor just saw his feet going through the window so he called the cops.

My brother makes himself a sandwich and goes into the living room where he notices the red flashing lights outside his house. He peaks out the window and says it looks like the entire police force is there.

The police say through a bull horn "Come out with your hand up"

My brother complies, is tackled as soon as he gets out the door, handcuffed etc.
Once the police are satisfied he is the resident (about an hour and a half) he is released.

SO, it happens to white folks as well.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

I have reviewed lots of video in the last few days and it is clear this is happening to everyone and race is less the issue than a lot of cops are out of control now days.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

Sounds like a nosy neighbor.

They should have recognized the person standing there with the locksmith if they were such a "good neighbor".

If you don't know whats going on, and unless you hear screams or see blood -- mind your own business I say, as you never know the circumstances. If the cops do come, answer questions of course.

I learned to mind my own business and keep my head down/to myself when living in a bad part of town. The people that did that never had any problems -- it was always the people strung out or drunk that caused a scene and got the police called. Believe it or not, 90%+ of people are good and just want to be left alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join