It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"My white neighbor thought I was breaking into my own apartment. Nineteen cops showed up."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor
I think a bobby is a copper and taking the piss is bullshatting

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: lucifershiningone

And of course the resident racist come in droves to demonize the victim. They refuse to believe that anything could possibly be true when a colored person claims something.

Point out the evidence of racism. Until you can, it appears you believe the story for no other reason than she's a "colored person". That's racist.

That's just so convoluted. It's not racist, it's being aware of the extent racism still exists.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

This woman called a locksmith and had 19 cops show up with a dog barking inside her residence. I'm certain this is racism

Thats the part I'm having trouble with because it appears she left out a lot of details from the story.

On Sept. 6, I locked myself out of my apartment in Santa Monica, Calif. I was in a rush to get to my weekly soccer game, so I decided to go enjoy the game and deal with the lock afterward.

A few hours and a visit from a locksmith later, I was inside my apartment and slipping off my shoes when I heard a man’s voice and what sounded like a small dog whimpering outside

From that it sounds that perhaps the nieghbors didn't even call the cops on her but possibly the locksmith? Was the blacksmith black?

Also when people forget their keys they typical act like a burglar and peek in windows, check locked doors to see if they are open , try to pry open windows , etc. She mentions none of that or perhaps intentional decided its best to leave that out of the story?

I'm not saying it wasn't racism but I can see easily why someone would call the cops on a neighbor that might have forgotten their keys just as easy.

edit on 551130America/ChicagoWed, 18 Nov 2015 14:55:55 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Point out the evidence of racism. Until you can, it appears you believe the story for no other reason than she's a "colored person". That's racist.

Gee, kind of like the way the usual suspects jump in a thread and automatically call it a lie.

Point out the evidence it isn't then get back to me.
edit on 18-11-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

She said the neighbor called, and he has some emotional reaction to the whole deal of now looking away from her.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

She said the neighbor called, and he has some emotional reaction to the whole deal of now looking away from her.

She also said :

I was inside my apartment and slipping off my shoes when I heard a man’s voice and what sounded like a small dog whimpering outside, near my front window. I imagined a loiterer and opened the door to move him along.

So she expects us to believe that she is some super fearful person, yet when she hears a mans voice and a dog outside she just opens the door up...LOL!

Her story is complete rubbish and she has embellished it to the point that she has made it unbelievable except to those that can't read what she is doing.

So, when you hear someone outside your door do you open it without reservation, expecting to tell them to move along? I wonder how many people and how often in a "majority white complex" loiter outside of her apartment? Wonder how many she has told to move along before?

Complete BS.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yeah I saw that the neighbour called, but did she do what a typical home-owner does when locked out of their house?

• Peek in windows, try to pry open a door or window, walk around the property? If so that can be very suspicious if the neighbour doesn't really know the homeower.

Also she says the locksmith was called. Was the police called on the locksmith? Was the locksmith Hispanic? because the police report indicate it was a Hispanic person yet she is black?

• posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:09 PM
    link   
    a reply to: machineintelligence
    Lot of white folks here calling the writer out, and working pretty hard to blame the victim. They seem more to be proving her point.I'd be more interested in hearing from a person of colour as to their reaction to the story. They just might have a better sense of the reality of the subject.

But if I were black, I'd have given up in disgust after about the second post.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:11 PM
    link   
    Read the whole article.

Way over dramatized. Is this woman a pseudo novelist?

I support the neighbor for doing the right thing.

I can't really comment on how the cops handled it, because the "victim" dramatizes the event.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:21 PM
    link   
    So what I'm white and had the cops do the same thing to me. I was sitting in a apartment parking lot waiting for a friend to get home. Someone called the cops and I got swarmed by 5 cops cars. It would have been more but it was a small city and I'm sure they sent everything they had.

It was just a cautious neighbor that called. Black people think it just because they're black. I'm tired with this bs about black people cops. I've had many run ins with the police over the years and I've seen them do the same things to white people.

My car broke down in one of the worst parts of Detroit 3 days before Xmas coming back from a sporting event. This was before cell phones. My girlfriend and I were being circled like sharks by the brothers. Carloads would dry by staring at us and kept circling back. My girlfriend was crying she was expecting the worse. A cop drove by and we thought it was a lucky break. She ran into the street and practically up to the car waving for help. They looked at us and kept going. They left us for dead. So yeah cry me a river that cops treat black people unfairly.
    edit on 18-11-2015 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:24 PM
    link   
    I know this is in terrible taste, especially with the wanton finger pointing and stereotypes that goes in the U.S, but this really reminds me of that Dave Chappelle skit.

edit on 18-11-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:24 PM
    link   
    a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

But if I were black, I'd have given up in disgust after about the second post.

Why? Why wouldn't you be disgusted as a white person being stereotyped?

What proof do you see to suggest it was a white against black racial issue from the detail lacking article?
    edit on 261130America/ChicagoWed, 18 Nov 2015 15:26:30 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:35 PM
    link   
    a reply to: lucifershiningone

Gee, kind of like the way the usual suspects jump in a thread and automatically call it a lie.

Point out the evidence it isn't then get back to me.

Guilty until proven innocent? Yes, that has always worked in a free society.

Read any declaration of human rights and get back to me.
    edit on 18-11-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:37 PM
    link   

What proof do you see to suggest it was a white against black racial issue from the detail lacking article?

If there was racism involved, if anything, it would be racism against latino's, given that latino was the description given to police officers.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:41 PM
    link   
    a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Exactly, hence in one of my previous post I indicated from her lack of description we can't even tell if the neighbour actually called the cops on the locksmith who could have been Latino?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:53 PM
    link   

originally posted by: wantsome
    So what I'm white and had the cops do the same thing to me. I was sitting in a apartment parking lot waiting for a friend to get home. Someone called the cops and I got swarmed by 5 cops cars. It would have been more but it was a small city and I'm sure they sent everything they had.

I had a similar experience. So long ago I don't remember the circumstances.

But, I do remember asking myself was I acting suspicious. Yes, I was --- to an onlooker.

Who ever reported it was within their rights and correct in what they observed.

It can be annoying, but also may stop an actual invader.
    edit on 18-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:54 PM
    link   

That's just so convoluted. It's not racist, it's being aware of the extent racism still exists.

Assuming without evidence that someone is a victim because of the color of their skin, or that someone is guilty of a crime because of the color of their skin, is racist for the exact same reason.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:57 PM
    link   
    a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Sure, don't all burglars wear their pajamas? Utterly stupid.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:19 PM
    link   

originally posted by: interupt42
    a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Sure, don't all burglars wear their pajamas? Utterly stupid.

LOL

I don't know about other places, but lots of people in southern CA wear pajama pants.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:57 PM
    link   
    This happened to me but it was my car. Luckily my license was visible on the seat and they got me in my lock car

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join