It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A black Nigerian couple gave birth to a blue-eyed, blond-haired white baby in London.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
"Blue-eyed blonde Nmachi, whose name means “Beauty of God” in the Nigerian couple’s homeland, has baffled genetics experts because neither Ben nor wife Angela have any mixed-race family history. Pale genes skipping generations before cropping up again could have explained the baby’s appearance."

“This might be the case where there is a lot of genetic mixing, as in Afro-Caribbean populations. But in Nigeria there is little mixing.” Prof Sykes said BOTH parents would have needed “some form of white ancestry” for a pale version of their genes to be passed on. But he added: “The hair is extremely unusual. Even many blonde children don’t have blonde hair like this at birth.” The expert said some unknown mutation was the most likely explanation. He admitted: “The rules of genetics are complex and we still don’t understand what happens in many cases.”

www.theunusualfacts.com...

I keep telling people the genetic variation in humans is extremely small.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Interesting story. Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Have they not considered the fact that this just may be an albino?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Goodness, imagine the dads reaction.

Genetics have always been mind boggling in some instances, this is surely one of those instances. Cool find!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20047171]John_Rodger_Cornman[/pos

edit on 18-11-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2015 by misskat1 because: question already addressed

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
In the article it says they ruled out it being a albinoa reply to: natalia

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
She's got some explaining to do.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: darknewt

I skimmed through the article so I didn't see that part..

Edit.. And so now I looked through and read the article.. And it does not say they ruled it out. The guy just says he thinks the baby is not becasue it doesn't look like any albino person he's ever seen ...So there ya go. Abinoism is out there and there is testing. Plus this baby was born in 2010. Where's an updated article about this?
edit on 18-11-2015 by natalia because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2015 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Have they ensured there wasn't another rooster in Ben's henhouse?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
White boy in the woodpile ?

Priceless

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well after seeing the photo that would be a bit shocking to everyone in the room not just the dad. Have they done a DNA test yet to make sure the kid is really his?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Its Muary Povich time........time to cry on the backroom couch!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
My kids didn't get pigment for a few months.

My youngest didn't get pigment until about four years old. I'll withhold judgment for a few years.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is a little odd. White father + Black mother = white son???

"Catherine and Richard Howarth were convinced they'd been given the wrong child by mistake - their newborn baby boy was white and not dark-skinned as they'd expected. It's an unusual story - but it's not the first time that it's happened. How does this sort of thing occur and why?"

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
More proof we are one and not many. Humans are all members of the same species the variations of height,colour, lactose tolerance if you will all stem from genetic allele expression. These are effected by many factors some of which we don't understand yet. Climate,diet, ect and all believed to impact the expression as well as chance.

I would still get a DNA test just in case,hospitals do make mistakes so do lovers.

edit on 18-11-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

"Blue-eyed blonde Nmachi, whose name means “Beauty of God” in the Nigerian couple’s homeland, has baffled genetics experts because neither Ben nor wife Angela have any mixed-race family history. Pale genes skipping generations before cropping up again could have explained the baby’s appearance."

They should have name him Noah.

It would have been fitting.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think the baby isnt from that daddy, Why would the first sentence be, "My Wife is true to me, even if she hadnt been, the baby wouldnt look like that" WOW.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
One out of every four births is a Caucasian.

So they had a 25% chance anyways.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
I think the baby isnt from that daddy, Why would the first sentence be, "My Wife is true to me, even if she hadnt been, the baby wouldnt look like that" WOW.

Sorry but genes can create some very interesting family dynamics.

You never know when a latent gene will raise it's elusive head.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I can't figure out what to type to search this.

I remember reading in history that the European settlers used to steal African babies they thought were white and then abandon them to others Africans when they got older and turned their natural color.

Am I the only one that remembers this?!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join