It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something the missies told me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hi everyone

So I've not posted a thread for quite a while just been doin a bit of lurking lately but when I got home from work today my missies was quite shocked at something she heard a girl say at the school she works at

So my missies works part time at a school being a dinner ladie, the school is like a melting pot of every nationality you can think of

So today when I got home from work and asked the usually 'how was you're day' stuff she looked quite upset

So naturally I asked what was up and she said a group of Somali girls was playing together when a English girl came over and asked if she could join in and play, but one of the Somalis turnt around and told her to go away and that her mum had told her she's not allowed to play with English white girls!!

My missies said she couldn't believe what she said

Shes not the type of person who gets her back up about everything you hear about Muslims and all that and she gets in a piss when I say anything about them

So to get to my point is that we will never have a multi cultural society when we got people like these who come across as wanting to fit in to our community and culture when in truth they can't stand us and are teaching their kids to be the same!

So how can we all get along? The answer I think in short is we can't

They will chose their religion and another Muslim over anyone or anything else no matter what they say

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

Yes we can get along
It's quite natural to friend people with the same interests and experiences
I'm certain the avoiders and the avoided feel the same.
More than divides us are the many universal things that unite us.
It's our job as parents to convey this and be the example.

edit on 18-11-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I believe they aren't interested in assimilating into western culture. That is the whole issue right there. They are coming in waves and have no intention of 'fitting in' with the rest of us.They are bringing their own culture with them and you better learn how to assimilate into it! Or so they think. I am not a closed minded person normally,but this whole thing with such a mass migration does not bode well.

In my own experience I have seen minority's come move into a place,and are very quiet at first.You don't hear a peep out them because they are afraid of drawing attention to themselves.And who can blame them? I would do the same under those circumstances. But as their numbers increase,so too does their boldness. At first they are glad to make friends. Then they work their way into the 'in' crowd. Finally as their numbers tip to almost 50% being them,they become hateful and nasty and start bullying others. At that point there is a mass fleeing to get away from them. They then chalk this up to others being 'racist' about them and it feeds into their hate. They don't stop and think that if you are treating others badly because you think you are in strong enough numbers,others just don't want to be around you at all.

The migrants are coming in such numbers now that it will only be a matter of time before they 'think' they have sufficient numbers to treat their host country badly. They really don't have any intention of becoming this or that citizen.
Others may disagree with me, but guess what? Time will tell,and it won't take too long either.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I think your wife should speak with the head teacher and if the headteacher is professional she/he should ask the child what was said and then ask the child's parents into school to explain that it's not acceptable.

I'm pretty sure if it were white English girls playing and a Somali child had been told the same thing the police would be involved as it would probably be classed as a hate crime!!

When in Rome do as the Romans do. If those who chose to live in another country lived by this saying, the World would be a better place!!

Out of interest are you in the UK? I only ask as some of your thread has tell tale signs

edit on 18.11.2015 by flammadraco because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If this would have been said before the Paris attack would it have been as upsetting.
I think if it was said without the atrocity in mind then it would shock.
We have a responsibility to these children and if the parents wont integrate them then we have too. We have form bonds with these school children as they are the next generation.
We have to integrate them into a society we all want to be part of.
We all have to try some more and then again some more.

edit on 18-11-2015 by chewi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco
We are perpetuating the parents views by involving police. The school should have a positive inclusion policy for every child. Sports are a good way of bonding.
We all have our parents point of view until we develop our own. We have to give them the confidence and support to not want what the parents want.

We are not helping by causing more divides.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi

Whilst I agree with your comments, and in the ideal world it would be great if that works, however no amount of teamwork/sport is going to stop young minds being poisoned at home.

In my opinion I would scare the #e out of the parents, send in Social workers and tell them that if there is ever a repeat occurrence that the kids will be placed in foster care and parents will need to attend Parent and Integration classes before their kids are returned.

We need to take the bull by the horns now, but alas I believe in the UK it's to late, to many ghettos in to many cities.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
We know it is lack of education that makes people dumb and make dumb choices,
So lets educate them.

Make them want to live like us as they mature. We can only do this by proving the parents are wrong and this is done by example only. I still remember and respect some of my early years school teachers and as I matured I made up my own mind and my own judgements.
Break the bonds of Islam with love of children and their freedoms.

edit on 18-11-2015 by chewi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
People like the mother of that Somali girl make me absolutely sick. Children do not see race. They see different colored individuala. That and only that. Guess what? Most kids will not even comment! If they do, it is simply that kid is darker than me. It means nothing to children.

It should mean nothing to adults. Adults of today should take classes from little children on morals and ethics and just being a HUMAN. The world would be a better place if we learned the lessons our children teach.

Send mommas ass back to Somolia. Keep her kids.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
One example of kids being naive is proof we can't get along?

Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yeh I think that's the root problem, our governments want us to accept their culture while demolishing our own, they stick to their own and that's that!

If you ever go into a corner shop (not trying to stereotype here) they only employ their own, never people from the community in which they've set up shop

a reply to: Dimithae

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That's one of my fav saying 'when in Rome' my old nan used to say it all the time

That's the thing aswell if another person done it, a non Muslim it would be a hate crime no fought about it, we choose to let them get away with things in fear of being branded as a hater, just look at the police in the Rotherham scandals too frightened to arrest anyone

And yes I'm in England mate

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Am I right in assuming that the children involved were 'little' children and not older ones. As the children were 'playing' rather than studying or whatever? Also the child's reply of 'my mum told me' indicates a young child rather than a child who has already taken on the position of not playing with the white girls as her own. She still needs to qualify the position as an 'order' from her parents, rather then her own wishes. This would conform to the children being young also.

So why would a Somali parent tell a young child not to play with the other 'non-Somali' children? I can come up with any number of suppositions, all of which involve the parents concern for the Somali child.

We don't know from the telling whether or not the Somali child has been at the school for a long period or if this child is new to the school. But knowing the current distress of people over immigrants and their children, it can easily be assumed that the parents are being very cautious and not wanting to cause any undo 'fears' among the parents of children who have been there longer.

We have no idea of the anti-immigrant sentiment in your area. The child's parents might be fearing a back-lash type of thing and want their child to 'keep a low profile'. They might fear that an 'anti-immigrant' bias might be prevelant in the school and not want their child to be the victim that back-lash as children might dish it out. Hence, just stay away from them.

I don't know. But to jump to a conclusion that " in truth they can't stand us and are teaching their kids to be the same", might be a bit presumptuous

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Yes one exampl but you can bet you're ass this ain't the only one

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
The child in question is about 6

And the school like I said has every nationality you can think of, and a # load of Somalis and no there's not a huge anti immigration feeling where we are but its growing!

If you've got a family of five in a 2 bed flat and can't get a house then immigrants waltz in a get a nice 3 bed house it's starts to piss people off after a while

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
In our local shop they wear gloves to not touch the same things as us.

That is my point. It is the older generation doing this. We have to show they are welcome in our culture as they grow up.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well... Somalian.

Please don't take offense to anything a Somali does.
Very very unique people.

Ask any people from Djibouti, Ethiopia or Érythrée. .lol

Sorry if this sounds intolerant but please do not take offense at whatever a Somali does.

Sorry again for my brutal honesty.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Avicenne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
The child in question is about 6

And the school like I said has every nationality you can think of, and a # load of Somalis and no there's not a huge anti immigration feeling where we are but its growing!

If you've got a family of five in a 2 bed flat and can't get a house then immigrants waltz in a get a nice 3 bed house it's starts to piss people off after a while

And understandably so. And as you said, the little child in question is only 6 years old. So to assume that Somali parents are being protective in their 'orders' to the little child is a reasonable assumption in place of " in truth they can't stand us and are teaching their kids to be the same"

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

but one of the Somalis turnt around and told her to go away and that her mum had told her she's not allowed to play with English white girls!!

If her mother had not instructed this of the child, I doubt she would have ever made this remark.

Children when left to be alone to be children, are more inclusive than divisive. Of course, this does change as they get older and are more corrupted by the societal norms, within the society which they live. They learn their societal norms from us.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Europeans didn't want to assimilate when they met the Native Americans.

Just saying, perspective.

People always feel safer and more comfortable when they are around people they share a common background, language, and heritage with. Its easy for "white people" to say "you need to assimilate" -- when we haven't had to assimilate ourselves.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join