It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut Takes Photo Of UFO From ISS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The other day, on the 15th, astronaut Scott Kelly tweeted a photo he took from space while aboard the ISS that captures an anomaly. The picture was taken over India

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Telepathy3

Could it be a reflection of a background light source within the station? (assuming he was taking the picture thru a window)
edit on 18-11-2015 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The interest is WHY he was allowed to tweet this....means govt knows and Disclosure is starting or, more likely, they know this is a IFO from another country.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

If an astronaut can be fooled by reflection, he shouldn't be up there.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Reflection can't be ruled out unless he took the photo outside the ISS. Do they take cameras with them on EVAs?

Are they allowed to "tweet" photos of Genuine sightings or just the "anomalies"?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The explanation from my twitter account:
twitter.com...

After debunking, my tweet was plonked by the hoaxer SecureTeam10 that posted the same vid:

The animated gif about the real nature of the supposed UFO:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Fuel tank that was jettisoned in earth's orbit?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
that thing is on mothership scale of size, spotted near the middle east must have come to bomb ISIS

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose
He could have just tweeted it as his handlers wouldn't oversee his every move but have already briefed him on what to do and not to do, just how other astronaut from decades ago have them trying to avoid ufo conversation over the radio, and could have merely said he didn't know the lights where in the photo.. Idk

edit on 18-11-2015 by Telepathy3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

The interest is WHY he was allowed to tweet this....means govt knows and Disclosure is starting or, more likely, they know this is a IFO from another country.

What was Kelly's description of the thingie? Did HE call it an 'anomaly'?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoofinterest

Gets the debunk prize on this one.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

I don't think he would call anything anomalous that's in space, the astronauts used to be kind of public on topics like this but are now shunned from bringing anything like this up so I doubt he even mentioned it when posting the photo
edit on 18-11-2015 by Telepathy3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I just noticed that Scott Waring offers this same video on the website ufosightingsdaily. Correct me if I am wrong. But is he not listed as a known hoaxer?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Damn at first I read it as UFO from IS. I was thinking 'Do those bastards already have UFO's?' ^^

But in all seriousness, this could easily be just a part of the ISS that's just in the picture.
Check the picture at 14secs. Top left is also a strange UFO looking thing, but it's just a part of the ISS..

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
I just noticed that Scott Waring offers this same video on the website ufosightingsdaily. Correct me if I am wrong. But is he not listed as a known hoaxer?
Yes he's a well known hoaxer. In this case the pic is not a fake, the explanation is posted by myself just above ;-)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Did he tweet it calling it a UFO, or did he just tweet a photo without comment and everyone else is calling it a UFO?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jordan77

I don't think he would call it a ufo, he likely had to act like he didn't notice it. Astronauts are told not to mention ufos

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Check out the tweet yourself

All he said was

Day 233. Once upon a #star over Southern India. #GoodNight from @space_station! #YearInSpace

Based on other pictures in the account (he posts at least one a day), it appears to be part of the space station, overhanging whatever port he is looking out of.

Really cool pics though

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Or it's nothing particular. I'd have thought someone trained to go into space would have noticed a craft outside of their vehicle, especially as they're taking snaps of space, and reported this themselves, and not left it up to people who need to find things in ever space photo.

Just my opinion however.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

a reply to: joemoe

If an astronaut can be fooled by reflection, he shouldn't be up there.

Having quickly looked at his twitter feed, I see no reference to him claiming anything.

Sonofmabaker seems to be the one claiming this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join