It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect befriended victims found killed at East Texas campsite, sheriff says - more bodies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So, I am putting this thread here because I feel this may be a larger case and could be one of more bodies being found and the story seems to fit under a "social issue" form more than others forums, but if I am wrong then mods please move.

I am not sure if this story has been posted on ATS yet, but if it has then I am pretty sure this idea has not been thrown out there. This story is messed up in general, but there is something really odd about it that got my mind headed in a sinister direction very quickly.

So here is the story:

The man charged in the killings of six people at an East Texas campsite had earlier befriended the group and helped dislodge one of their vehicles from mud, a sheriff said Tuesday.

William Hudson, 33, met the six people, who were part of two families, and spent time speaking with them on Saturday, Anderson County Sheriff Greg Taylor said.

"One of the vehicles became stuck and he pulled them out and they gathered around the camp and hung out together," he said.

So this guy meets them, helps them get a truck out of the mud then hung out with them at their camp....apparently being very friendly.

He said Hudson returned hours later and killed them all, though authorities have not said how.

Taylor declined to elaborate on the attack or a motive, but said Tuesday that there were "several different crime scenes."

The bodies of a man and a woman were found in a travel camper and four bodies, including a child, were later pulled from a pond about a half-mile away. One woman survived and alerted authorities.

"I've been in law enforcement for 31 years and I've never seen anything like this," he said.

Then he comes back a few hours later and murders them all, children included. One woman survived.

So here is where it gets odd to me and my mind started wandering on this guy:

One of the victims had purchased undeveloped land adjacent to property owned by Hudson and his family about 100 miles southeast of Dallas, Taylor said.

Source

So one of the victims had just purchased the adjacent land to the killers property.

Now it is just a hunch, but I don't think this is the first time this guy has killed before....he just hasn't ever been caught. For someone to be friendly one minute then kill everyone, including a child, there has to be something he is trying to hide is my thought.

What are the chances that this undeveloped land has more bodies on it? I am wondering if this guy went back to kill them all because he was afraid the new owner was going to develop the land for whatever, and in the process would have uncovered a body dump. I haven't yet looked into it, but I am interested in how many missing persons there are in the area.

Again, this is just a hunch, but I have a feeling we are going to hear more about this site in the near future.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This guy is a sick bastard. Definitely a psychopath, gaining these peoples' trust and then killing them, ALL SIX PEOPLE.

I hope you're wrong about him killing others but I feel you might be right

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is close to home for me so I've been keeping an eye on it. Something really strange going on, someone should look up missing persons reports and unsolved homicides in the area. That may turn up some clues.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Pretty close to home it seems.
Did you come across a town name?

Your surmise that more bodies there may be right but also it could be that he was trying to purchase the same land and missed out or that he felt encroachment into his way of life of gathering and using that land for yrs that was not his.
edit on 18-11-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Pretty close to home it seems.
Did you come across a town name?

Your surmise that more bodies there may be right but also it could be that he was trying to purchase the same land and missed out or that he felt encroachment into his way of life of gathering and using that land for yrs that was not his.

Not sure on the town, it was Anderson County, TX though. From what I am finding though, I think it was Palestine, TX. The exact location was in another story: a rural parcel of land off County Road 2217 between Tennessee Colony and Palestine

And I can't imagine that someone who cared about their way of life being encroached on would kill 6 people including a child...that would end your life altogether. I think it is a lot more sinister than that scenario....this guy was friendly with them, helped them get a vehicle out of the mud and hung out with them for a while....my guess is he was feeling them out as to what they were going to do, that or they had already stumbled on his secret somehow or were camping close to it and he was worried they would.
edit on 11/18/15 by Vasa Croe because: Found location

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

He sounds like a serial killer! Psychotic killers who come across as friendly are the worst kind.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

The town is called palastine. I lived in east texas for 11 years there's a lot of rural land around that area but it's still pretty inhabited. This guys sounds very animal mcfadden to me.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is close to my home town, so I also have been paying close attention to this. Here is my thoughts...

I do not believe the guy is a serial killer, nor do I believe they will find more bodies. I believe the suspect was a meth head and was probably running a meth lab on the property recently acquired by the victims. The suspect likely got high on meth, got paranoid that his lab would be discovered and, in his paranoid state, decided his only option was to eliminate the owners of the land adjacent to his own. Far fetched? Perhaps. But no more so than taking the serial killer angle.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Mokoa

lol
Tennessee colony
the trinity river bottoms are no joke that is where I grew up.

after learning the location I am not even a bit surprised

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
This is close to my home town, so I also have been paying close attention to this. Here is my thoughts...

I do not believe the guy is a serial killer, nor do I believe they will find more bodies. I believe the suspect was a meth head and was probably running a meth lab on the property recently acquired by the victims. The suspect likely got high on meth, got paranoid that his lab would be discovered and, in his paranoid state, decided his only option was to eliminate the owners of the land adjacent to his own. Far fetched? Perhaps. But no more so than taking the serial killer angle.

I'd say that was possible as well. Since you live nearby, is the area known for meth labs?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I was reading about this yesterday and in the article they mentioned the guy was an angry guy, and had become more so after the recent death of his father. It made me wonder if there was something about the land the murdered family had just purchased, like maybe he or his father wanted to purchase it. That's not an excuse for a normal person to commit mass murder, this guy seems like he's psychotic.

I also found it odd they didn't state the manner of death for the victims, or the nature of the recent assault the guy was arrested for.

Sad story, nonetheless.

S&F!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20046702]WeDemBoyz

I think your right east texas is riddled with meth labs i worked for texas department of criminal justice for 4 years inmates would tell me all the time about how they basically becomes squatters in very rural area and set up shop for a few months then move on.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I read an article about this last night.
I remember the sheriff stated that "he was violent but not like this".

I found that odd.

I will try to find the article.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I know it sounds illogical but that is the mentality of people in the sticks.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just found this:

Now Kamp’s former wife, Carina, has told the Palestine Herald the bad blood that existed between Hudson and the family following their purchase of the land that they used for camping.

Speaking to the Herald she explained that Kamp had chain locked the property following the purchase, closing off the land to Hudson. She said that Kamp had told her that Hudson was angry about his father’s transaction of the land and the fact that Kamp had put up a gate making the land private.

Carina said that Hudson cut the lock and regained possession of the land without Kamp’s knowledge and that he had made the discovery during the recent weekend visit.

She said: ‘Mine and my family’s theory is that Mr Hudson got mad that my husband bought the land and this [the murders] was something he planned on doing.’

Source

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Mokoa

it is not like it was.it helped much when they quit selling the ingredients at the local grocery.
the majority of the mess now comes from the south. most of the labs now still running are in school zones and operated by the blue boys
kinda sick to put a lab in a place where the penalties are life. that way they have complete control over the sales.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
One comment below the OP's article thinks it might be drug related....

Or it could also relate to his arrest on assault charges the week before.

He went to talk to the campers to recon the situation... How many people, campsite layout, etc... The killings are drug related... They probably got to close to a Meth Lab... 100 miles southeast of Dallas is known for Meth production and called the Meth capital of Texas...

www.foxnews.com...

It also appears that the killer may have also had a violent record...

Police believe that Hudson acted alone and said he has a previous record of violent behavior. They gave no motive for the killings. Hudson had been arrested on an unrelated assault charge earlier this month, the sheriff’s department said. Family members say the six people killed were part of a blended family that had come from as far away as California for a weekend together. Family member Steven Woodruff said Tuesday the group was camping on wooded land that his nephew, 46-year-old Thomas Kamp, had purchased in August.

The trio was joined last weekend by Carl and Cynthia Johnson and Kamp’s two sons from a previous marriage, Nathan and Austin Kamp, who were California residents. The family was also celebrating Nathan Kamp’s 24th birthday. Erik Johnson went to Texas after the killings to be with his stepmother, Cynthia, and his wife, Trudy, has stayed in Farmington to look after the farm, the Farmington family friend said. She said that Hannah’s son and Kamp’s children had just visited Farmington this summer, and Erik’s daughter was just beginning to get close with her “new cousins.”

www.centralmaine.com...

FARMINGTON, Maine (AP) - A Maine community is in mourning over the deaths of two former residents who were among six people killed in Texas.

Carl Johnson was killed along with his daughter, Hannah Johnson, last weekend. Carl Johnson's wife, Cynthia, was the sole survivor. The University of Maine at Farmington says the parents retired from UMF in 1999 to pursue their passion for travel. Their daughter graduated from Mount Blue High School in Farmington and held a degree from the University of Maine. The victims were killed on wooded land owned by Thomas Kamp, Hannah's boyfriend. He was killed along with his older children and Hannah's 6-year-old son.

www.kxxv.com...

edit on 18-11-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

NVM
just saw you are from there!
edit on 18-11-2015 by TNMockingbird because: see above

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I agree it has gotten a lot better i remember when they passed that law because all the cold medicine used to make it was behind a glass case and you could only buy a certain amount.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

I know it sounds illogical but that is the mentality of people in the sticks.

As someone who lives in "the sticks" in south east Texas, I can assure you that that IS NOT the mentality of most people out here.
All due respect but generalization fail

top topics

<<   2 >>

join