It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Hillary and Obama Prefer Islam to Christianity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

On Tuesday, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the American woman most responsible for the current refugee crisis in the Middle East, blasted Republicans for not wanting to accept unvetted Syrian Muslim refugees in the aftermath of last week’s Paris terror attacks.

That seems weird, given Islamic countries’ fundamental rejection of leftist values ranging from same-sex marriage to abortion to women driving. But it isn’t so weird when considered in the context of Marxist philosophy, which sees Islam not as a religious philosophy of its own, but as a sort of bizarre cultural outgrowth of poverty. Impoverished people believe weird things, say the Marxists; if we just gave ISIS jobs, they’d stop all this nonsense and start behaving like members of the ACLU. Leftists see Islam not as an ideological force converting millions, but as a knee-jerk response to lack of basic living standards.

In fact, leftists see all religion this way: as the refuge of the weakminded underclass. As Marx wrote, “Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.” Barack Obama agrees: as he said back in 2008, poor people “get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren’t like them.”

The view that all religious practice is essentially the domain of the exploited would cut in favor of seeing all religious practices as equally worthy of dismissal.

If I'm reading the above correctly, the logic of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama goes like this:

Your actions and beliefs today are the exact opposite of what we believe is right but that's just because you're confused. If you give us a chance, you'll see things our way and become like us.

Obama graduated from Harvard, Hillary Clinton graduated from Yale. And yet, they apparently have the minds of children. I'm afraid to ask if they were born yesterday because they may just be clones and thus they were basically born yesterday. How else do you explain this childish thinking?

Actually, if you think about it, the article above is describing a Borg.

www.youtube.com...

The philosophy described in the article above is the Borg philosophy:

You will be assimilated (whether you like it or not).

Reality check:

That's a big risk with Muslims because their plan (overall) is to assimilate you.

Is the future of the world going to be a race to see if the leftists of the West can assimilate the Muslims before the Muslims assimilate the entire world?

Sorry, my money would be on the Muslims in that competition. I don't like to take that position but I'm a realist.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
They've been murdering innocent Muslims for 8 years nearly...
They've decimated Muslim nations together...

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Reality check: That's a big risk with Muslims because their plan (overall) is to assimilate you.

I head over to Paterson, N.J. regularly to get Middle Eastern food and I am pretty sure all of the people serving me are Muslim. Not one of them has ever tried to 'assimilate' me or convert me to their religion.

However, there is rarely a Sunday that does not go by where some Christian nudnik rings my bell and asks me if I have found Jesus.

Maybe you meant radical Islamists want to assimilate us? Yeah?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I thought this was a satirical, comedy piece until I seen the source and read it all.

There is so much wrong with this it's ridiculous. Breitbart really is a horrible site with junk journalism.

Well, it's not journalism in any shape or form.

It's propaganda.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Isn't all this part of the "Arab Spring" they kept boasting about some years ago....?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

On Tuesday, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the American woman most responsible for the current refugee crisis in the Middle East, blasted Republicans for not wanting to accept unvetted Syrian Muslim refugees in the aftermath of last week’s Paris terror attacks.

That seems weird, given Islamic countries’ fundamental rejection of leftist values ranging from same-sex marriage to abortion to women driving. But it isn’t so weird when considered in the context of Marxist philosophy, which sees Islam not as a religious philosophy of its own, but as a sort of bizarre cultural outgrowth of poverty. Impoverished people believe weird things, say the Marxists; if we just gave ISIS jobs, they’d stop all this nonsense and start behaving like members of the ACLU. Leftists see Islam not as an ideological force converting millions, but as a knee-jerk response to lack of basic living standards.

In fact, leftists see all religion this way: as the refuge of the weakminded underclass. As Marx wrote, “Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.” Barack Obama agrees: as he said back in 2008, poor people “get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren’t like them.”

The view that all religious practice is essentially the domain of the exploited would cut in favor of seeing all religious practices as equally worthy of dismissal.

If I'm reading the above correctly, the logic of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama goes like this:

Your actions and beliefs today are the exact opposite of what we believe is right but that's just because you're confused. If you give us a chance, you'll see things our way and become like us.

Obama graduated from Harvard, Hillary Clinton graduated from Yale. And yet, they apparently have the minds of children. I'm afraid to ask if they were born yesterday because they may just be clones and thus they were basically born yesterday. How else do you explain this childish thinking?

Actually, if you think about it, the article above is describing a Borg.

www.youtube.com...

The philosophy described in the article above is the Borg philosophy:

You will be assimilated (whether you like it or not).

Reality check:

That's a big risk with Muslims because their plan (overall) is to assimilate you.

Is the future of the world going to be a race to see if the leftists of the West can assimilate the Muslims before the Muslims assimilate the entire world?

Sorry, my money would be on the Muslims in that competition. I don't like to take that position but I'm a realist.

None of that makes sense. Both Clinton and Obama are religious. Christian religious.

Not all leftists view religion how you say.

They have minds like children?

Your entire post is a wreck.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You are letting a right wing media outlet tell you how two progressives think about religion. I'm pretty sure you are letting the article tell you what to think, regardless of how you are reading it.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Reality check: That's a big risk with Muslims because their plan (overall) is to assimilate you.

I head over to Paterson, N.J. regularly to get Middle Eastern food and I am pretty sure all of the people serving me are Muslim. Not one of them has ever tried to 'assimilate' me or convert me to their religion.

However, there is rarely a Sunday that does not go by where some Christian nudnik rings my bell and asks me if I have found Jesus.

There are 2.77 million Muslims in the United States (according to Pew Research Center).

Total population
2.77 million (0.9% of the U.S. population, 2010)[1]
Islam in the United States

There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world (according to Pew Research Center).

Muslims constitute the world's second largest religious group. According to a 2010 study and released January 2011,[1][2] Islam has 1.6 billion adherents, making up over 22% of the world population.
Islam by country

You're going to use a weak straw man argument like you just did? Why?

I specifically wrote "overall."

Muslims: When We Take Over Europe, We will Make It Legal to Rape White Women

If you want to believe that American Muslims represent the average Muslim of the world, you're free to do that. I'm not going to continue to converse with you in this thread because I don't see the point.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You mean like the way Christians plan to assimilate you? Also why should only the Muslims be vetted shouldn't all refugees be vetted? I forgot that idiot Cruz says that Christians shouldn't be vetted because he's ignorant enough to think there is no such thing as Christian terrorist. It's funny how people whine Obama prefers Islam over Christianity when he wakes every morning to bible verses on his phone.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Obama and Hillary are just like every other politician.

Self-centered, ego centric, self serving, evil, idiots.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

There are 2.77 million Muslims in the United States (according to Pew Research Center).

Total population

Muslims constitute the world's second largest religious group. According to a 2010 study and released January 2011,[1][2] Islam has 1.6 billion adherents, making up over 22% of the world population.
Islam by country

If you want to believe that American Muslims represent the average Muslim of the world, you're free to do that. I'm not going to continue to converse with you in this thread because I don't see the point.

You realize that you just made an appeal to population then backed up your appeal with a video showing a very small percentage of muslims calling for such things right? Hypocrite much?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Obama and Hillary are just like every other politician.

Self-centered, ego centric, self serving, evil, idiots.

Oh, was this the actual intent of the thread...to Bash Obama and other Leftists?

Well why didn't you guys just say so? What we need on this site is a forum that only Right Wingers can get in to, they can post their lies from shameful sources and they can proceed to have their two minutes of hate without interruption from Leftists or logical, free-thinking individuals.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I see where you are looking to make some sense out of what Hilary and Obama think etc but how on earth do you equate their idea of poverty = islam so give ISIS jobs and they will become 'like us'.

That surely falls apart when thou look at the wealth in some of these islamic countries such as Saudi where having wealth as opposed to poverty does not mean the end of dissidents.

Where I see Hilary and Obama liking Islam is its the vest velvet glove to keep people under control. Christians are now leaving religion as questioning governments and Jewish people have always had their flock questioning things. But Islam, because by keeping people, especially women uneducated and your population terrorised through your new police agent the imam and his religious police, you can keep order easier. Look at the Saudi royals, they don't live exactly the Islamic way they only give it a glance. You only need to watch the drinking at official receptions to see that.

No if your post is correct I see a very much deeper and nastier reason for lapping up Islam. You can crucify or stone people who cause trouble - says so in Sharia - what politicians wouldn't just loooove to do that?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Exactly.

We see it on the news every day how Obamas drones are blowing up christians and not muslims.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Which is a very small percent of the population, they are less than 1%.

Yeah? And? Are they all onboard with your 'assimilation' plan or is it just the radicals?

There was no strawman in my post. I asked you if you meant radicals as just stating 'Muslims' implies the entire religion. I do not paint all Christians as retarded, obtrusive pains in the ass because a few happen to enjoy ringing my door bell and asking me to convert almost every Sunday.

If you want to believe that American Muslims represent the average Muslim of the world, you're free to do that.

I believe that the majority of Muslims do not support terrorism and have no desire to 'assimilate' you into their religion.

I'm not going to continue to converse with you in this thread because I don't see the point.

Translation: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Both Clinton and Obama are religious. Christian religious. 

Actually Obama and Clinton lie about being Christians. In order to make themselves more electable. They are actually secular atheists that only pay lip service to religion when they are trying to manipulate voters.

Their words are empty, but their actions are clear.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Total population

Islam by country

You realize that you just made an appeal to population then backed up your appeal with a video showing a very small percentage of muslims calling for such things right? Hypocrite much?

I was pointing to the population comparisons to prove that the American population of Muslims is irrelevant in the big picture. Claiming that's "an appeal to population" would mean that I made an argument of irrelevance. But, I didn't make an argument of irrelevance. I proved my case.

As for your claim that I used another fallacy after that, I didn't. In order for me to be making a fallacious argument I would have to make a claim about something being a fact. I did no such thing. I only posted the article you referenced as an example and I didn't claim that it proved anything specific. So, I wasn't using a fallacy there.

It was only the appearance of a fallacy and that was intentional.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Eh? How do you know this exactly? Let me guess, Breitbart told you it was so? Though if you are going to try to tell me that their actions mark them as non-Christians and you came to this conclusion on your own (I find that rather unbelievable though), then I seriously hope you say that about most of your Christian brethren in this country as well, because most American Christians would be guilty of the same.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I don't disagree with you for one minute on this. But I would question why so many young men would flee their countries rather than fight for them. Being English Its inherent to defend this land in my nature, I couldn't leave it like a coward.

Part of the problem within Islamic countries is the in fighting throughout Islam and the murderous nature of these conflicting sides. This fighting seems by looking at countries like Libya, Iraq etc to have been held at bay by dictators both bad and good in many respects for these country's, but since the leader has gone these countries have only splintered into chaos. Sure some Western countries and certainly the USA if Obama's demands to get rid of another Head of State who doesn't suit his needs is anything to go by show the level of western interference but, in truth there are countries in the west that wanted nothing to do with his ambitions or those of his special little allies and I suspect most of the peoples in even his ally's countries are certainly not supporting his and their governments war-lord attitudes.

I will add though that when you look at the ends Obama and others are prepared to go to to get their way within other countries and the creation of ISIS which is blatantly being supported by Western with vested interested countries, unless something monumental changes, our world is going to hell in a handcart.

I know a lot of nations look to the West because its countries have developed but no one likes to remind the rest of the world that people here worked damn hard for hundreds of years to get their countries where they are. English people were and are still serfs for the royals, but our workers and women fought for our rights until we got them.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Total population

Islam by country

I was pointing to the population comparisons to prove that the American population of Muslims is irrelevant in the big picture. Claiming that's "an appeal to population" would mean that I made an argument of irrelevance. But, I didn't make an argument of irrelevance. I proved my case.

Yeah then you went ON to try to argue about Mulim fundamentalism using a youtube video of a small percentage of Muslims to prove your point. It was literally the same exact argument you just got done dismantling.

As for your claim that I used another fallacy after that, I didn't. In order for me to be making a fallacious argument I would have to make a claim about something being a fact. I did no such thing. I only posted the article you referenced as an example and I didn't claim that it proved anything specific. So, I wasn't using a fallacy there.

It was only the appearance of a fallacy and that was intentional.

Oh yes you DID make a claim about something being a fact. YOUR claims is that overall Muslims want to assimilate you into Islam. Then you used that youtube video to try to prove your point. Like I said, same exact argument (actually yours is worse because youtube is by far the WORST source of evidence on the internet).

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join