It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Copenhagen Airport terminal evacuated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Copenhagen Police announced on Twitter that a "suspicious situation" in Copenhagen Airport has led to the evacuation of Terminal 3

According to numerous media reports, there is a significant police presence on the scene.

Neither DSB's trains nor the Metro are stopping at the airport and all flight check-in has been moved to Terminal 2.

Swedish newspaper Expressen reported that two police buses with officers wearing bullet-proof vests appeared at the scene. A police officer within the airport reportedly yelled "everybody get out", which was followed by "panic".
The incident comes just hours after Danish police raised the country's threat level by one notch to the second-highest level, citing the elevated risk of a terrorist attack after last week's Paris attacks.

Source: www.thelocal.dk...

Seem's everyone is freaking out at the slightest thing now, I wonder if this is a legit threat or not. Only time will tell. Regardless STAY SAFE!
edit on 18-11-2015 by capragenus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
According to danish media the evacuation was caused by 2 jackasses at the check in counter.
One of them was "joking" about how there was a bomb in their bag and that they are traveling to Paris. I dont know if they were drunk or high or just went full retard.
edit on 18-11-2015 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Better safe than sorry. Any suspicious baggage ( like in germany) will result in extreme measures.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Yet another common event at the airport. When I worked at one it was up to 10 years and/or up to a $250,000 fine.

You always get some punk kid, or idiot adult that when you ask to check their bag mouths off with a comment about a pipe bomb or something.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
UK news source

independent
edit on 7am321321America/ChicagoWed, 18 Nov 2015 07:20:08 -060011am11 by gazzerman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Yet another common event at the airport. When I worked at one it was up to 10 years and/or up to a $250,000 fine.

You always get some punk kid, or idiot adult that when you ask to check their bag mouths off with a comment about a pipe bomb or something.

It's amazing isn't it... you'd think these idiots would stop doing this based on previous happenings. I hope they get a massive fine!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

You would think. We always had three or four a day though.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Is this going to be a daily occurrence from now on ?

I guess the floodgates are open for terror, they don't even need any bombs or loss of life to create panic and fear among the populace, just a simple tip off and the security services will do the rest.

The terrorists have won the battle, but I'm thinking the war is only beginning

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I have a feeling this is going to be occurring alot more from now on for a while.

Its all to easy to give a tip off about something. Just a question of how do we know what is or what isnt real? (Great Matrix quote
)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

You wouldn't believe how many times it happens in a day. The big difference is that usually the passenger is just removed from the flight, along with their bags. It'll go back to normal before long.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Never underestimate the stupidity of bored people standing in line!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
Is this going to be a daily occurrence from now on ?

I guess the floodgates are open for terror, they don't even need any bombs or loss of life to create panic and fear among the populace, just a simple tip off and the security services will do the rest.

The terrorists have won the battle, but I'm thinking the war is only beginning

So they will ban pre paid simcards. Your phone number will be your own name,no digits. They will ban cash,make us all pay with out precious cards. They will put surveillance cameras on every corner. Once we win the "war on terror" they will just keep enforcing those security measures as it keeps us all sound and safe.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: capragenus

Unfortunately, we are going to be seeing this often for sometime now, every suspicious package is going to get special attention.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
According to danish media the evacuation was caused by 2 jackasses at the check in counter.
One of them was "joking" about how there was a bomb in their bag and that they are traveling to Paris. I dont know if they were drunk or high or just went full retard.

Drunk, high, or not, they did go full retard.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

We had some punk teenager decide to be funny one day going through the checkpoint after they asked to check his bag. He made some crack about having a bomb.

Screener told the supervisor, who told the family to wait, and called the airline for assistance. The airline rep showed up and asked to see the tickets. She handed the parents and other kid their ticket, ripped his in half and said he could fly the next day on standby.

His mother grabbed his ear and literally dragged him off to the side and chewed his ass something awful. She ended up staying with him that night. He was extremely quiet and respectful the next day.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
You can't say "bomb"...

Focker: No, I said I didn't have a bomb.
Security: But you said bomb.
Focker: I said, "It's not like I have a bomb".
Security: You said "Bomb" on an airplane.
Focker: What's wrong with saying 'Bomb' on an airplane?
Security: You can't say 'Bomb' on an airplane!
Focker: Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb. You gonna arrest me? Bomb bomb bomb bomb! During the war I was a BOMBadier!
edit on 11/18/2015 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Glad it's nothing serious, I have a friend who flew to Copenhagen this week.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: capragenus

Unfortunately, we are going to be seeing this often for sometime now, every suspicious package is going to get special attention.

Every suspicious package should always get special attention. I don't see how that is unfortunate...unless you are referring to clearing out an entire terminal over it.

new topics

top topics

join