It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this eugenics by stealth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi

Quotes help too. In this case, the money grab looks a lot like the cause:

...experts from the Universities of Oxford and Liverpool found that the introduction of Iain Duncan Smith’s tougher fit-to-work tests for sick and disabled people have coincided with 590 “additional” suicides, 279,000 cases of mental ill health and 725,000 more prescriptions for antidepressants.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
People with mental illness are more easily pushed wether a source says it or not. They are targeted for a reason. Ask the mental health professionals who are speaking out.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

It's a wonder how politicians can have the gall to cut social programs then act all surprised when such things end up causing tons more of additional problems due to not helping those people anymore.

I await your further links. This is a troubling cause and I'd like to know more about it.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow
Thanks again, your becoming a mentor.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Here it is:

‘First, do no harm’: are disability assessments associated with adverse trends in mental health? A longitudinal ecological study

...Conclusions The programme of reassessing people on disability benefits using the Work Capability Assessment was independently associated with an increase in suicides, self-reported mental health problems and antidepressant prescribing. This policy may have had serious adverse consequences for mental health in England, which could outweigh any benefits that arise from moving people off disability benefits.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I say yes. It's a travesty.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Update for you. Someone has to go to jail for murder for this.

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...

Its the story of an 82 yr old soldier who after being evicted from a squat, died hours later.

A country is judged by how well they care for the old and the way they treat the young generation.

edit on 19-11-2015 by chewi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Damn. It's such a shame that our attitudes towards mental health is still so outdated. I blame the lack of good science about it. It's hard to educate people on things if even the experts aren't completely sure. So then the politicians turn around and start making # up and people believe them. Then we get # like this on our hands.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Its not the fact he was evicted. Its the fact there was no back up or support for an 82yr old man. No matter where or what he had done or been.

I don't pay my tax for them to choose who to let live and who to kill, directly or indirectly.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I agree. Though I'm not sure what else to say to get anything done. This situation sounds like it sucks for your country. At least now I know that the US isn't the only country with politicians trying to sabotage welfare programs.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think we have said it. Thanks, I just needed to shout at the screen, it makes me so angry. I am angry with myself for having no ability to actually make any difference to it at all.
There is no justice when the wrong people have the wealth. Then I suppose there would be no poor people if the right ones had the wealth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join