It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Pounds ISIS With Biggest Bomber Raid in Decades

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

No one has been "bombing IS for a few years" - the bombing only started in the Autumn of 2014.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Did you realize that US and Coalition strikes targeted the oil trucks before the Russians?

Nice try, that Russian heads up display footage showed untouched columns of fuel trucks and a refinery in the beginning, aflame at the end. They were pristine targets before the Russians began to work on them.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

No one has been "bombing IS for a few years" - the bombing only started in the Autumn of 2014.

News flash---Us isn't bombing ISIS, the Russians are.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

Here's what is being 'downplayed' by the WH/USA--- because after the US led coalition air-campaign against ISIS for over a year already... the Russians launched more sorties against ISIS in 3 weeks than the USA in 12 months...

Really? Where are you getting your figures from? You do realise that the US and Coalition are striking ISIS targets in both Iraq and Syria? So are you claiming that Russia has conducted over 6,000 strikes? No they haven't.

As of 3:59 p.m. EST Nov. 12, the U.S. and coalition have conducted a total of 8,125 strikes (5,321 Iraq / 2,804 Syria).
U.S. has conducted 6,353 strikes in Iraq and Syria (3,695 Iraq / 2,658 Syria)
Rest of Coalition has conducted 1,772 strikes in Iraq and Syria (1,626 Iraq / 146 Syria)

www.defense.gov...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: stumason

Newsflash - I never mentioned anything about any specific country

But you're wrong, anyway, as usual... The US and allies have been hitting IS since 2014. Russia only started bombing rebels last month and even then, mostly hit non IS targets around Alleppo in support of Assads forces until recently when IS blew one of their airliners out the sky.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Did you realize that US and Coalition strikes targeted the oil trucks before the Russians?

Nice try, that Russian heads up display footage showed untouched columns of fuel trucks and a refinery in the beginning, aflame at the end. They were pristine targets before the Russians began to work on them.

Stop wriggling. You didn't know about the US changing the policy and striking ISIS oil tankers. I was referring to the general targeting of ISIS oil transport and refineries. Of course the Russian and US strikes are at different locations. The US were doing it before Russia, but you didn't know about it because you didn't do the research and posted in haste. Not my fault!

8th November Coalition strikes against ISIS oil refineries/storage.

Now go to the following and see the other strikes on oil refineries before Russia started targeting them.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19/11/2015 by tommyjo because: Malformed links corrected

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

It is a mindset. I get it! You'll be claiming next that all the videos of US/Coalition air strikes in Iraq and Syria are all faked. Go on you know you want to!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
just my 2C worth....

There never was an ISIS, a year ago(?) is when the first 'terrorist attack' hit Syria...the person acting as the so called president stuck his nose in it and said something to the fact that if "if Syria can't contain one simple attack, we will..."

BAM ~!!!

There never was an ISIS....period in my mind...just MIC at it's finest...

Oh...and the US backed 'Rebels" .. with a carpet bombing like that .. EVERYONE is DEAD, including the Rebels..meaning NOW will there be retaliation or just a yawn; and allow Syria to become ...well....Armageddon

So, did Russia get the green light to do this from the UN .. or is this just a complete free for all !!!!! ?? Like US did in the first place.. ?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Turkey is in this more than Saudi, a lot more! Putin is watching them like a hawk. Obama is trying to push Putin into attacking the U.S. or Turkey a NATO partner but Putin is very smart. Putin will let Obama trip and fall, look like more of an ass than he already is until Russia is forced to defend itself.

The best thing NATO could do is to force Turkey out. Turkey is and will never be a NATO partner when it counts and will only bring pain to the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo
just my 2C worth....

There never was an ISIS, a year ago(?) is when the first 'terrorist attack' hit Syria...the person acting as the so called president stuck his nose in it and said something to the fact that if "if Syria can't contain one simple attack, we will..."

Huh? You really need to go and brush up on the timeline of events here...

IS first came to prominence in 2013 but was around long before that as Al Qaeda in Iraq and even merged with Al Nusra at one point, only to split.

The Syrian Civil war itself started in 2011, with AQIQ and Al Nusra fighting there from the start.

US involvement against IS was not because of an "attack in Syria" but actually down to IS lightning advance across Iraq in the Summer of 2014.

In fact, your "understanding" of events is so far off the mark it's scary. It's no wonder there is so many nonsense theories about IS going around if people simply cannot be arsed to look into things

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

There never was an ISIS, a year ago(?) is when the first 'terrorist attack' hit Syria…the person acting as the so called president stuck his nose in it and said something to the fact that if "if Syria can't contain one simple attack, we will..."

I know, huh? Always blaming the victims of US bombing campaigns for what we are about to do to them.

Somehow the original reason being lost in all the smoke and mirrors.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

You'll be claiming next that all the videos of US/Coalition air strikes in Iraq and Syria are all faked.

Abut the only thing that isn't faked are all the NATO bombs landing in foreign lands.

The reasoning for it all is what I have problems with.

It is quite literally insane…

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

But you're wrong, anyway, as usual... The US and allies have been hitting IS since 2014.

Imaginary State, yes. Bombs are landing in Syria, no?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

You're smart.

In order for you to make a point, you say Russia has been bombing non IS targets. Why don't you tell us who those targets are?

They are terrorists.

Why don't you actually check the targets hit by the Russians? If you check it, you would see just how many ISIS targets have been destroyed in the past month.

So, it's not true Russia has been bombing mostly non IS targets in Syria. Won't call it a lie, because it would mean you are purposefully spreading disinformation. And I know you would not to that.
edit on 20-11-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You'll be claiming next that all the videos of US/Coalition air strikes in Iraq and Syria are all faked.

Abut the only thing that isn't faked are all the NATO bombs landing in foreign lands.

The reasoning for it all is what I have problems with.

It is quite literally insane…

So why make that silly statement that the US isn't bombing ISIS?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I get that it is a mindset but it is just a ridiculous statement. When a Kurdish fighter/forward air controller calls in an air strike against an ISIS target what do you think that the US aircraft is bombing? It isn't rocket science but why is there still this myth that the US isn't bombing ISIS?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

On the Moon, Mars and in space.. in fact, after they secretly won the space race without anyone even knowing they used the paper clip scientists and intelligence agents in the US to infiltrate the military industrial complex. They succeeded to an incredible degree, the UFO's buzzing the capitol building in 1947 was a message of intimidation.. yet people are daft enough to buy into the delusional fantasy sold to the public that the military would have no interest in a technologically superior foe they would be completely at the mercy of, stories for adult babies. The Americans in turn realized this attempt at infiltration and tried in turn themselves to do the same thing. In the end it seems they at least partially lost, or maybe they were both somewhat merged by this process.

Point is... they never lost, we didn't really win - the people certainly didn't, and our own house is made out of cards.

I think someone should flatten that Western neoliberal bubble.. burst it completely. But anyway, good on Putin and Russia. I just wish they would start airing the really dirty laundry..

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There is more news, less than 24 hours ago, Russia bombarded a turkish convoy with guns and food to al-Nusra village in Syria.

Now turks are angry more than ever lol. The turkish president called the Russian embassy today for explanations, they also threat Russia. For more info use an online translator (google translation or microsoft) with the link bellow. All turks in the convoy, including military personnel died and all supplies destroyed. There is more links to give and read the news, but they include hard photographic documents for the sensitive eyes.

Turks are training and also trying to reinforce the tzixadists (isis thing). I am telling you that this country (turkey), will seize to exist with this government.

www.makeleio.gr...

There is also some related funny turkish news. Turks rioted against russian bombarding in front Dutch consulate, because they confused the flags!!! They thought this is the russian one link
edit on 21-11-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Meanwhile, PBS uses Russian footage to depict US airstrikes on ISIS oil fields (2:29-2:38):

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

didn't watch the video .. but Can someone PLEASE...

Draw me up a freaking flow chart so that this so I can track and better handle on what is called IS, which now stands for ISIS or .......what ?!...

so in a matter of 1 year, they went from a handful of 'rebels' to a full fledged and fully weaponized army of hundreds of thousands and were able to take over oil factories...?????!!!!

I'm sorry .. I'm not making some clear connections.. and to me it looks like.. "welp, they look like ISIS/IS .....must be ISIS..time to bomb em', yeah, or better yet, lets send forces to defend the factory.....yea." and after they defend it.. who gets the spoils of war???!!!!

I'm totally NOT following this line of logic..

edit on 23-11-2015 by Komodo because: ....

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join