It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry Justifies Charlie Hebdo Slaughter

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Nuff Said

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: spacedoubt
He didn't justify anything at all.
He said, or at least meant, that the Charlie Hebdo attacks had a specific flavor of revenge.
The Muhammed cartoon.
The latest attacks were more broad spectrum, and the victims were random. This can make it more frightening.

I'd also like to point out that Ive never been much of a fan of his, but to say he justified the Hebdo attacks is simply incorrect.

No, it's not what he meant, but he could have said it in a much more tactful manner.

The same could be said about each and every one of us. No one is perfect and we all have had our moments where we misspeak or say something that does not come off as well as intended. It is hypocritical and disingenuous to bash Kerry for making a small gaffe like this.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: reldra

Oh, I don't know ... You forget about Biden?

He's said some funny things and has this 'reach around', but not sure there is enough material to fill the the time of the bush video. Fool me once! I can't be fooled again!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: reldra

a reply to: IAMTAT

Never, ever do anything to provoke ISIS. Start converting to their brand of Islam, cover your women, stop free expression, kill all non believers.

THAT'S what I got from Kerry.

You certainly read an entirely different speech then, by an entirely different person.

I heard a coward saying not to do anything to make ISIS mad.

You can get help for those voices in your head.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This man, whatever he meant to say...or was attempting to say in that statement, is waaaay too in love with listening his own voice when, instead, he should be considering what it is he is actually saying...and to whom it is he is actually saying it.

It was a stupid statement from a self-absorbed dolt. The American people deserve a far better representative...and the French people, especially at this terrible time, deserve someone who thinks before before he speaks in such a ridiculous manner.

John Kerry is an embarrassment.
edit on 17-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
This man, whatever he meant to say...or was attempting to say in that statement, is waaaay too in love with listening his own voice when, instead, he should be considering what it is he is actually saying...and to whom it is he is actually saying it to.

It was a stupid statement from a self-absorbed dolt. The American people deserve a far better representative...and the French people, especially at this terrible time, deserve someone who thinks before before he speaks in such a ridiculous manner.

He has actually done a pretty good job. You don't like his wording in a speech. We get that.
edit on 17-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   

Never, ever do anything to provoke ISIS. Start converting to their brand of Islam, cover your women, stop free expression, kill all non believers.

THAT'S what I got from Kerry.

You certainly read an entirely different speech then, by an entirely different person.

I heard a coward saying not to do anything to make ISIS mad.

Directed at the OP also... good night
/

edit on Tue, 17 Nov 2015 19:16:10 -0600167America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

link   

You're taking it too far, man. It's not as big a deal as you would like.

Eat a Snickers or something. You get angry when you're hungry.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

This man, whatever he meant to say...or was attempting to say in that statement, is waaaay too in love with listening his own voice when, instead, he should be considering what it is he is actually saying...and to whom it is he is actually saying it to.

He has actually done a pretty good job. You don't like his wording in a speech. We get that.

A good job? How so?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Public speaking has a nasty habit of bringing out the idiot in all of us.

...and it's never anything less than acutely embarrassing or humiliating, or a painful combination of both.

Tempest in a teapot.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Oh I wouldnt worry much about what IAMTAT doesnt like. What really matters are those that dont need much more than what they perceive as sympathy for their deeds to hear... and like.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Maybe he'll fly in James Taylor to make it up to them.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Kerry and Obama should be arrested for treason.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Kerry and Obama should be arrested for treason.

Raaaaaacist!!! You just dont like Obama cause he's black and Kerry cause he's .. uhh... white ??

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You KNOW that is not what that means. You are being deliberately obtuse.

Bingo!!!

I still don't like John Kerry to be clear, but your observation is 100% accurate.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Oh, shooting up a building full of people expressing themselves with ideas I might disagree with is "called for." Ya, we all know what he meant... That's the problem..

<< 1  2   >>

join