It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny coincedence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I was watching Torchwood (season 3 episode 1) and saw Peter Capaldi playing a character named John Frobisher who I guess works for Unit. I got a good chuckle at that.
For anyone who doesn't know, Torchwood is a spin-off of Doctor Who. Unit is a military group on Doctor Who, while Torchwood is an agency that is supposed to defend against extraterrestrial threats (also on Doctor Who).
Why did I find it so funny? Well, again for people who don't know, Peter Capaldi plays the new Doctor on Doctor Who. So, he was on a few episodes of the spin-off before playing the main character on the show that the spin-off is from. Yeah, I'm a dork. Whatever. I thought it was funny.
edit on 17-11-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I loved the show Torchwood....how did I not know that it was a spin-off of Dr. Who?

Torchwood was awesome! Is it even still on?

I'm guessing not since I haven't seen any new episodes in about 3 years.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric
I checked and the last season I saw was 2011. So, it only lasted four seasons. I have no idea why. It was an awesome show.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Prior to becoming The Doctor, Peter Capaldi also played the role of Caecilius in The Fires of Pompeii, an episode of Dr. Who first broadcast in 2008.

Misses Torchwood.

Whovian.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija
Thanks. I remember that he was in the episode. I believe when he became the Doctor they had a flashback of him as Caecilius, explaining on why he chose that face. Then again, I could be remembering wrong.
So, if you heard the TARDIS engine noise outside your house, would you go running out hoping for a trip?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Peter Capladi was no stranger to the Who universe, and I believe they have tried to address this with the questions about why he choose that face.

I miss Jack, Jack was awesome. I think they are trying to make Ashieldr the new Jack. As for torchwood ending, it is hard to have an immortal character who ages at an extremely slow rate over the course of millions of years, be played by a human actor that does age.

new topics

top topics

join