It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Refugees in Washington State

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Those I fear? and who would that be?

A2D

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

I plan on going to the Capitol building as soon as my schedule allows. I'm going to do whatever I can...

Cool.
And they still aren't going to tell you because no one there has the authority, or in all probablity, the knowledge to do so.
And rightfully.

Maybe D.C.
Because your state doesn't actually have much say in the matter.

But try thumping your chest. And don't forget your ribbons.

edit on 11/18/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I just think it is all crap.
People afraid of a tiny minority and willing to let refugees suffer because of that fear.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I'm not scared of them. I've had countless meals with sheikhs and entire villages...my concern is not the refugees...my concern is my government is hiding its actions from its citizens...

From a citizens point of view you tell me what makes you feel more secure....
1)Knowing what your government does
or
2)NOT knowing what your government does

I do agree though, it is crap. I see a lot of fear and distrust everywhere...especially within the social media sphere...but knowing what the screening process is like and exactly how thorough it is could significantly lower the fear levels...

A2D

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
There's nothing unreasonable about "ordinary citizens" wanting to know what the "vetting" process involves, especially when that is the reason we are being given to not fear the refugees coming into our communities. We are seeing chaos occurring in other Countries that are taking in refugees for a variety of reasons, lack of resources, housing and fundamentally different ideologies from the "hosting" Countries. I've read reports that police in several "hosting" Countries have areas of refugees they have lost control of completely.

I don't know what the answers are, and I believe that failed US and Western military policies in the ME have absolutely helped to create this crisis, but I also believe we are outright lied to by our governments. We go in and topple their "Dictators", steal their resources, destroy their Countries, and leave them with even worse "dictators" that we helped to fund and have now lost control of....my guess is that those folks would take Gaddafi and Sadam over ISIL any day !

So as you can see, I am very sympathetic to the plight of the refugees......that doesn't mean I'm not very concerned about how we now make sure everyone, including the refugees can live safely together.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
People afraid of a tiny minority and willing to let refugees suffer because of that fear.

and why are we being held accountable on this end of the globe for something occurring way over in the middle east...when there are entire middle eastern countries turning their noses up and refusing to offer aid...why would a refugee travel hours and hours way over to the pacific northwest out of all places to seek "refuge?"

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone

I also love to see people bring up the homeless in America as tactic for this, sure they need help but all of a sudden the people who could less before all of a sudden feel deeply for this problem..

Right how many of us 1. have been homeless 2. help the homeless 3. have family who are going through that right now

edit on 18-11-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111

and why are we being held accountable on this end of the globe for something occurring way over in the middle east...when there are entire middle eastern countries turning their noses up and refusing to offer aid...why would a refugee travel hours and hours way over to the pacific northwest out of all places to seek "refuge?"

Some prior refugees do have family this way. Not so far off to think they would relocate to the state.
edit on 18-11-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Is Mexico apart of the never ending wars in the Middle East?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Yep. Everybody is a warhawk til they think it might get them. Poor scared babies. Never fear, my son is signing up for the navy. Here come the heroes.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I think the refugee issue is secondary. If it was a tax measure, or a zoning issue, they'd still probably not give you information because YOU ARE JUST A CITIZEN.

You don't have the need to know. Only those elected by you do. It's an elitist mentality that is illustrated by all political entities.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a poll given to Syrian refugees shows that 1/3 are ISIS supporters, and some are undecided. Great! Nothing to see here, folks

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Fear is a weapon and it is clearly working.

The fact that you felt concerned enough to contact HLS only consolidates the fear that will bolster those who inspire fear. Sure their is cause for concern and yes suspicious activities should be reported. But History shows that Americans are also capable of acts of terrorism-the citizens of Oklahoma City will attest to that.

Closing the borders or tightening laws won't solve the problem, there are many foreigners in countries that are going to be disillusioned and singled out and that could push them to reach out online for acceptance and that's when groups like ISIS strikes.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I am not in agreement with that. fear is what keeps us alive and unless you can see into the future as others can you can not really say what good or bad securing the borders or stopping refugees from crossing will do.

It seems naive to think that since americans have killed americans before therefore we should not worry about others killing us.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

makes one wonder where you live.

i would bet that your area has not been named as isis next target.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick what are you actually fear ful of. I assume you don't fear getting in a car and driving? The chances of you dying or being injured in a terror attack are so small, it's not even worth worrying about. The worry and fear is more damaging to your health.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone

We need to call fouls every time someone brings up the refugee situation.

So now it isn't permissible to bring up the refugee situation?

Is there a primer available listing what we are allowed to say and what we aren't allowed to say?

I also love to see people bring up the homeless in America as tactic for this, sure they need help but all of a sudden the people who could less before all of a sudden feel deeply for this problem..

I can agree with you on this. I would also love to see those that couldn't care less about the homeless in America, before, to begin to suddenly care deeply for this problem.

There are many of us that have been fighting for the people of this country, fighting to get other citizens and our government, to address the seriousness of the issue. Now that their eyes seem to be all alight for the poor refugees and asylum seekers, maybe, just maybe, some of that light will shine on the people that have called our country home their entire lives.

And I also agree that the lack of concern and commitment for the people in need in our country by our government, is an egregious offense, and we all need to call foul, and very loudly.

edit on 18-11-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

edit on 18-11-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Format fix.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 222mockingbirdlane
a poll given to Syrian refugees shows that 1/3 are ISIS supporters, and some are undecided. Great! Nothing to see here, folks

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

I checked your link, the site you link to is a conservative Wordpress blog. I decided to take a look at the study the article is about and found this right off the bat:

This survey is the largest public opinion poll conducted in the Arab region with a sample
made up of 600 respondents in each of seven countries: Tunisia, Egypt, Palestine,
Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon and Iraq. In addition, a further sample of 900 Syrian
refugees was drawn in equal proportion between groups in Lebanon, Jordan and
Turkey.

Hm, 600 people for the first part of the survey, and 900 for Syrian refuges. That's really not a lot of people, considering that there are 4.1 million Syrian refuges in total. It would be pretty hard to do an accurate study with such a small sample size.

Furthermore, I also found this graphic which I found interesting:

So, even from the small sample size its pretty clear that Syrian refuges do not like ISIS/ISIL.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

edit on 18-11-2015 by 222mockingbirdlane because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

well that is relative to ones location. yes fear keeps me alive when I am driving. it is a basic survival instinct.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

looks like a few people there could have used a dose of fear.

I am not stupid as others have called me. if there is a country that just turned into an Islamic state and people being let into the country from the Islamic state then yes a bit of fear is needed to stay safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join