It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A couple of things I need to get off my chest...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Tired Of Holding Back

Disappointment is not the word that comes to mind, when I look into the face of ignorance surrounding the ways individuals are expressing their
fears.

Reflecting on the integrity of the service I received when I had my priorities mixed up, puts me at a loss of words.Either way the emphasis here, is on becoming more familiar with the principles that bring everyone together.

So when I see the name of Islam (Peace be upon him.) dragged through the mud,I know they have no idea of where he is coming from...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

[EX]NON-VIOLENCE

A snake in the village had bitten so many people that few dared go into the fields.Such was the Master's holiness that he was said to have tamed the snake and persuaded it to practice the discipline of non-violence....
[/EX]

One Minute Wisdom
Anthony De Mello
Image Books
edit on 17-11-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: spelling and spacing

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I like the post, but is the phrase 'Islam, peace be upon him' correct? Wouldn't it be an actual person followed by 'Peace be upon him'?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I like the post, but is the phrase 'Islam, peace be upon him' correct? Wouldn't it be an actual person followed by 'Peace be upon him'?

It's a heap of meanings, you need a language scholar who can make the right or best interpretation in the context of a religion that follows a God.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I would wonder why you are more disappointed in the fearful than the ones causing the fear by doing nasty things in Peace Be Upon Him's name.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
I would wonder why you are more disappointed in the fearful than the ones causing the fear by doing nasty things in Peace Be Upon Him's name.

That is not hard to answer. Expectations.

Like when you're not disappointed peepz on facebook don't get stuff but you are wehen on ATS they don't get it.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

Like when you're not disappointed peepz on facebook don't get stuff but you are wehen on ATS they don't get it.

Im pretty sure facebook and ATS pull from the same pool of people. Fallable human beings who have fears and responses that may differ from others. It will always be odd to me why some feel ATS is somehow like the Promethians.. like there is some higher plane of existence that its members float down from upon high to join.

Well, I mean I did... but Im special.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

So when I see the name of Islam (Peace be upon him.) dragged through the mud,I know they have no idea of where he is coming from...
Having no idea who you referring to on (peace be upon him) I should not be killed, tortured or disfigured because I don't believe in your beliefs, that is the problem, those of us who are not of the faith of Islam are looked down upon and the only way to deal with our beliefs are to attack our principals and our morals on how we live, so what, I am educated, my wife is educated and works, I do dishes, laundry, cook and clean to satisfy my beliefs and morals to my family.

the one belief that we should all have no matter what faith you are is simple.

You shall not murder.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19KTankCommander

Having no idea who you referring to on (peace be upon him) I should not be killed, tortured or disfigured because I don't believe in your beliefs, that is the problem, those of us who are not of the faith of Islam are looked down upon and the only way to deal with our beliefs are to attack our principals and our morals on how we live, so what, I am educated, my wife is educated and works, I do dishes, laundry, cook and clean to satisfy my beliefs and morals to my family.

the one belief that we should all have no matter what faith you are is simple.

You shall not murder.

WAIT! I dont care about the other stuff you said, but YOU DO DISHES LAUNDRY AND COOK??!!

That deserves a thread of its own...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage
Sure nothing wrong with help in the house and kids, as long as my beer supply last I will even do windows

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

It will always be odd to me why some feel ATS is somehow like the Promethians.. :

You mean collective thumb up in their ass

even though it collects from the same pool of humans.
on a conspiracy forum my expectations are that people are interested in the "conspiracies" they write and discuss about, while on facebook not everyone cares about those subjects.
If I want to know something about car repair I go to a mechanic, if I want to know about architecture I talk to an architect or their critics. If they let me down on their knowledge it would disappoint me more then when I just ask the 3rd woman or the 6th man that passes me and they won't know.

But hey if you expect the same from every one be my guest, must be interesting

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
"Feel better now, Mo##€r f#€¥€r?"

- Marcellus Wallace
PULP FICTION

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoadCourse
"Feel better now, Mo##€r f#€¥€r?"

- Marcellus Wallace
PULP FICTION