It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook will be 'better than humans in a DECADE, Mark Zuckerberg claims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Never joined, never will.

Social media means exactly nothing to me. ATS is about as social as it gets for me.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Regardless of whether any of you use Facebook, you will be affected by it.

The monumental thing is that a huge player like Facebook has a deep investment in artificial intelligence.

As do others:

Facebook isn't the only tech company working on these problems. Google, Apple, Microsoft and IBM are all studying artificial intelligence

They will all feed off each other, and it won't be limited to social media.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Wow.

That's just...sad.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This so cool.

Facebook will claim a trillion members, most of them FBbots, and they will share selfies and relationship status changes and poke each other silly.

I have checked out of Facebook Facebook burnout.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
imagine facebook compiling an ideal match for your personality based on the information you share about yourself in order to generate a perfectly customized intelligent operating system that knows you better than you do, down to tracking your mood, managing your finances and analyzing your waste. i can totally see this happening in the future.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Can it be voiced by Scarlett Johansson, please?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: TzarChasm

Can it be voiced by Scarlett Johansson, please?

hey, you caught it.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Singularity.

Zucker-borg is working with AI while the other researchers elsewhere such as Russia 2045 are working on the "avatars".

What makes you think technology will develop fast enough to enable the type of advancement you envision by 2045?

The development of technology in the modern world is happening exponentially. Everyone knows about Moore's Law, whereby the power of computers doubles every eighteen months. In addition, in the conference «Future Talks», held in October 2010 in Vienna, futurologist Ray Kurzweil, known for his accurate predictions of technological developments, suggested that by the mid-2040's all the organs of the human body could be replaced by artificial ones, whose characteristics will be superior to their biological counterparts by all measures.

Do you believe you have particular ethical responsibilities when creating systems that will equal or surpass human “intelligence”? If so, what particular ethical dilemmas does it pose?

Our main task is not the creation of artificial intelligence but the transfer of individual consciousness to an alternative non-biological carrier. Of course, some elements of artificial intelligence will be present in the avatars, however, they will only have an auxiliary function. cont...

Source

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographicFacebook will be 'better than humans in a DECADE, Mark Zuckerberg claims

Well, since I consider Facebook to be a major catalyst behind the decline of humanity, it won't be hard to be better than the average human in ten years...hell, it could stay the same and it might be better, because I don't see the downward spiral of humanity altering its course anytime soon.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Facebook and similar social media in general (such as Twitter) are what I feel caused the general focus of humans to shift from the "Whole" to the "Self."

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
easy fix, naruto will far sense this with sage jutsu and all the goodies...
no moar interwebs =(
a reply to: Mizzijr

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
heavy stuff
a reply to: dreamingawake

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Well said, and I couldn't agree more. I see it every day, mindless comments being made, solely based on what was spewed from MSM the night before, with no critical thought given to any of the detail provided. Nice work!!.
a reply to: Revolution9

edit on 19-11-2015 by dredz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join