It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of suspicious package at Chicago O'hare and evacuation being reported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Seeing feeds coming through on Twitter of Chicago O'hare being evacuated right now over a suspicious piece of luggage....some saying it is nothing and some saying it is....

Twitter

Would be strange after the reports this morning of the lady trying to get into the cockpit on a flight.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
They are investigating an unattended bag. O'Hare is not being evacuated.

Though I can;t tell of terminal 3 was evacuated or not.
edit on 17-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

S&F. I should really have my twitter up. Or ask Antediluvian how he gets his newsfeed.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
With the whole paris thing, I fully expect paranoia about every little thing. Good job terrorists

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
They are investigating an unattended bag. O'Hare is not being evacuated.

Though I can;t tell of terminal 3 was evacuated or not.

S&F. I should really have my twitter up. Or ask Antediluvian how he gets his newsfeed.

A lot are saying Terminal 3 has been evacuated. No idea of it being a credible threat though. If nothing I am sure it will die out quickly.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
With the whole paris thing, I fully expect paranoia about every little thing. Good job terrorists

Yep....and likely any package left alone is going to cause alarm now. I was just reading about a shoebox left outside a media station in Australia was called in and there is a pic of a robot inspecting it. This will likely happen for some period of time until nerves settle.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Seems there was enough of a threat to call in the bomb squad as shown in this new report.

Source

They don't seem to be too worried about it though, so my guess is that it is nothing.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The announcements on the PA system always say 'don't leave your bag unattended'. I find it hard to believe someone just 'fogot it'. I am guessing someone pulled it off the luggage turnstile, realized it wasn't theirs and was behind schedule so couldn't put it back where they found it?

Just something I have always wondered about.

Trying to lighten the mood a bit, as well.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

well, there is this fact that over 400 innocents have been killed in attacks in Paris, Russian airliner, and the Beirut and Baghdad bombings, that might have led to this paranoia...sometimes a little paranoia makes a lot of sense

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Seems there was enough of a threat to call in the bomb squad as shown in this new report.

Source

They don't seem to be too worried about it though, so my guess is that it is nothing.

We need a few of these every once in a while.

Homeland Security has to prove that we still need them to pat us down, take off our shoes, and irradiate us before each flight.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Here is WGN Live at 5

wgntv.com...

So far they haven't mentioned anything.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You'd be surprised. People put their bag down and sit to wait, then see someone they know, or see something in a store and walk away, leading their bag sitting there. Then come back to dogs, the area secured, and law enforcement everywhere.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
There's a possibility that either this or the Hannover incident were security tests to make sure everyone is doing their job. Who knows? Maybe if the baggage had gone unnoticed all day long the next day would have been filled with some people getting chewed out and fired by their superiors.

Then again, maybe not. Just putting out the possibility.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thank you airport security for doing you job when a bag was noticed unattended that didn't seem to belong to anyone.

Congrats to whoever reported it. It is what should be done rather than ignore it.

There is no paranoia in this action.

It is what is supposed to be done when an event like this happens.

Don't leave you bag unattended in ANY airport.

top topics

join