It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show about Giants on the History Channel.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
contd.

11) Julius Ceasar wrote:

"The Gaul believe the power of the immortal gods can be appeased only if one human life is exchanged for another and they have sacrifices of this kind regularly established by the community. SOme of them have enormous images made of wickerwood, the limbs of which they fill with living men; these are set on fire and the men perish, enveloped in the flames. They believe that the gods prefer it if the executed have been the caught in the act of theft of armed robbery or some other crime. But when the supply of such victims runs out, they even go to the extent of sacrificing innocent men."

12) Diodorus had an even more horrifying story about how the Celtae giants attempted to read the future:

"They devote to death a human being and plunge a dagger into him in the region above the diaphragm, and when the stricken victim has fallen, they read the future from the manner of his fall and from the twitching of his limbs, as well as from the gushing of the blood, having learned to place confidence in an ancient and long-continued practice of observing such matters."

11) Julius Caesar, Commentary, 6.16

12) Diodorus, 5.31

regards
seekerof

---courtesy of 'banah'---

I have more but fingers are tired.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
hmm,
you may have hit on some sort of modern satanic ritual practice, if one believes in that sort of thing...

there is plenty of contriversy surrounding that too...

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I doubt that...human sacrifice has been recorded since the dawn of man Fury....nothing satanic to it but pure historical fact.

Remember, to fully desire to study something, one must be willing to look at all information with no bias or 'bad taste' thought which can or could effect the conclusions gathered by the information given and found in regards to the topic (s) of inquiry or study.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 21-6-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
indeed,
that's why i run it by here, lol,

my personal religious fundie bias drives me to look and study for these interesting things.

while my mouth runs off about my personal things, my mind is actually pretty open for a right wing vast conspiritist.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Here are a couple of interesting notes.

[2 Pet 2:4] For if G-d did not spare the angels when they sinned, but condemned them to the chains of Tartarus and handed them over to be kept for judgement;....

*This in legend is where some of the Titans of Greek Mythology were chained, on the Walls of Tartarus.

[Luke 10:18] Jesussaid, "I have observed Satan fall like lightning from the sky."

*This is also the legend of the god Vulcan being cast out from Mount Olympus and he was the Forger MetalSmith of the Olympic gods.

WHERE THIS VERSE COMES IN:

[Gen 4:22] Zillah, on her part, gave birth to Tubalcain, the ancestor of all who forge instruments of bronze and iron. The sister of Tubalcain was Naamah.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Links are all working now Fury.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
gracias,
also found this little bit...
www.leidenuniv.nl...

www.leidenuniv.nl...

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Thanks, will look them over and see if I can add anymore info to my old thesis paper on "Ancient and Modern Giants...Myth and Legend".

Will post a Modern account tomorrow from Admiral Richard Byrd's Diary on his travels to the North Pole.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   
get's pretty interesting where we can take this hmm?
lol

Also spelled Thorr, Thunor, Thonar, Donar, Donner, Thur, Thunar, or Thunaer. In Norse mythology, the god of thunder and the sky.

Thor was the eldest son of the chief deity, Odin, and Jorth. He was second only to Odin in importance and was probably the most popular god of the Norse pantheon. He had three principal possessions, a hammer (Mj�llnir), typifying thunder and lightning and having the virtue of returning to him after it was thrown, a belt (Meginjardir), which doubled his strength, and iron gloves to aid him in throwing his hammer.

Thursday, the fifth day of the week, was named for Thor; the name is believed to be derived from Jupiter Tanarus, the Thundering Jupiter, a Celtic deity. See Vikings.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   
If you dig deeper, you will find every day of the week was named in relation to a 'god'.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   
interesting thing about the posibility of angelic DNA in humans...

facinating...
Ann Boleyn, Queen Elizabeth I�s mother, had 6 fingers (but only on one hand).

www.ibiblio.org...

* My Grandma
* Anne Boleyn, Queen Elizabeth I's mother, had six fingers on one hand
* There is a region near Efes (Ephesus), Turkey called "AltI Parmak" - many of the people there have historically had six fingers. Some families have even taken the last name of "AltIparmak."
* 1 Chronicles 20:6 - And there was again war at Gath, where there was a man of great stature, who had six fingers on each hand, and six toes on each foot, twenty-four in number; and he also was descended from the giants.
* Gus Van Sant's had six fingers

[Edited on 21-6-2003 by Fury]

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Its strange that you brought that up about 'base-6' cause the Sumerians/Babylonians used 'base-60' number system=sexagesimal mathematics and had figured numbers up to 16,470,860,000,000

www.nb.no...

www-groups.dcs.st-andrews.ac.uk...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 21-6-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   
i believe this is gettin freaky here mang,
instead of a thesis, maybe we should go for book, lol

the more i dig into this 6 finger obsession i have, the more i see it's a huge genetic trait. definately an inherited deal...

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   

doesn't help when its like 3:37 am where I am either...tired like a mofo.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   
genforum.genealogy.com...

hey, check this out... kewl..

www.obgyn.net...

[Edited on 21-6-2003 by Fury]

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 02:50 AM
link   
damn,
i'm just spitting out info to read later,
but there seems to be alot of documents on this shizz..

www.beyondroswell.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Another good site for info on Nephilim/Watchers called Eden:

www.andrewcollins.net...

Once page loads, look to left and click 'articles'.
Then look for topic: Watchers and Nephilim.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
this angel scroll mentioned in the article intrigues me...

Netty C. Gross is the author of the article on the Angel Scroll which appeared in the JERUSALEM REPORT during October 1999. After being shown both its transcription and Father Mateus' original notes, he provided copies of these to Stephen Pfann, a member of the 55-strong team currently studying the Dead Sea Scrolls in the possession of Israel. He is also the editor of the forthcoming COMPREHENSIVE CONCORDANCE OF THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS. Although Pfann remains sceptical about the authenticity of the scroll, since no one has been allowed to see it, he says that if it is a hoax then `it's a very, very good one.' If it is genuine, he says, it could be `the discovery of the century' and could have `profound implications for historians of both Judaism and Christianity.' He is heartened by the fact that it contains many, what he calls, `Qumranisms' in that, like the known Dead Sea Scrolls, it uses Aramaic and Greek words as well as terms such as `Sons of light' and the `new' or `renewed covenant'. It also names Yahweh as `El' and Satan as `Belial'. More pointedly, it uses terms familiar to the `languages and concepts reminiscent of the teachings of Jesus and the writings of the apostle Paul', suggesting that its authors were familiar with the concepts of the Jerusalem Church. The scroll also contains sections similar to existent Dead Sea texts such as the `Rule of the Community' and `The War Scroll'. In addition to this, other sections are also reminiscent of the Third Book of Enoch, a text of the third or fourth century AD, seen as a precursor to the medieval mystical teachings of the kabbalah. One main theme is knowledge of something called the `divine throne', a subject that crops up in I Enoch, the Book of Ezekiel and the Book of Daniel. Finding it in a Qumr�n text Pfann says `would mark the first time we see a fully developed 1st century text on Jewish mysticism. That would be very significant'.

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I have a friend who was born with 12 fingers and 12 toes.

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I have a friend who was born with 12 fingers and 12 toes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join