It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show about Giants on the History Channel.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I was watching the History Channel last night, since they have a week long special about UFOs and I noticed a preview for a show called 'Giants'. I checked the website and this is the description for anyone who is interested:

Giants appear in every culture throughout history. From David and Goliath to Paul Bunyon to Andre the Giant, they've wrestled gods, conquered empires, and inspired heroes to rise in stature. Why are we average-sized humans so fascinated with larger-than-life characters? In a cyclopean 2-hour special, we consider the origins of these colossal creatures by exploring folklore and legends worldwide, and examining scientific evidence of their existence.

Looks interesting. I will probably check it out.

I think it airs on June 16 at 9:00PM EST/PST.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I saw a preveiw for that. It sounds interesting. I'll be sure to watch.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I wonder if they will talk about the giants the Nazi's spoke of. There are many legends of Aryan giants who live in the so-called "Inner earth". I hope that will be the focus of there studies. I wouldn't expect it though. Too many people lack an open mind to touch that subject with any sized pole. That is too bad, because it would be very interesting to see if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
"The immense craft paused, and almost immediately a boat was lowered and six men of gigantic stature rowed to our little fishing-sloop. They spoke to us in a strange language. We knew from their manner, however, that they were not unfriendly. They talked a great deal among themselves, and one of them laughed immoderately, as though in finding us a queer discovery had been made. One of them spied our compass, and it seemed to interest them more than any other part of our sloop."

pousada.ch...

[Edited on 18-6-2003 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
i've got a theory on this,
that giants are the decendents of the nephilim,
(the sons of anakim)
hybrids of angelic and human DNA,
and the reason for noah's flood.

there's alot of stuff to this theory... lmao

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
here it is,
from the book of enoch,
I really think that the genetic impurities brought upon the earth from these hybrids is the reason God got so pissed and destroyed the earth w/ flooding.

6.1 And it came to pass, when the sons of men had increased, that in those days there were born to them fair and beautiful daughters.
6.2 And the Angels, the sons of Heaven, saw them and desired them. And they said to one another: "Come, let us choose for ourselves wives, from the children of men, and let us beget, for ourselves, children."
6.3 And Semyaza, who was their leader, said to them:
"I fear that you may not wish this deed to be done and that I alone will pay for this great sin."
6.4 And they all answered him, and said:
"Let us all swear an oath, and bind one-another with curses, so not to alter this plan, but to carry out this plan effectively."
6.5 Then they all swore together and all bound one another with curses to it.
6.6 And they were, in all, two hundred and they came down on Ardis, which is the summit of Mount Hermon. And they called the mountain Hermon because on it they swore and bound one another with curses.
6.7 And these are the names of their leaders:
Semyaza, who was their leader, Urakiba, Ramiel, Kokabiel, Tamiel, Ramiel, Daniel, Ezeqiel, Baraqiel, Asael, Armaros, Ananel, Zaqiel, Samsiel, Satael, Turiel, Yomiel, Araziel.
6.8 These are the leaders of the two hundred Angels and of all the others with them.
7.1 And they took wives for themselves and everyone chose for himself one each. And they began to go into them and were promiscuous with them. And they taught them charms and spells, and they showed them the cutting of roots and trees.
7.2 And they became pregnant and bore large giants. And their height was three thousand cubits.
7.3 These devoured all the toil of men; until men were unable to sustain them.
7.4 And the giants turned against them in order to devour men.
7.5 And they began to sin against birds, and against animals, and against reptiles, and against fish, and they devoured one another's flesh, and drank the blood from it.
7.6 Then the Earth complained about the lawless ones.
8.1 And Azazel taught men to make swords, and daggers, and shields, and breastplates. And he showed them the things after these, and the art of making them; bracelets, and ornaments, and the art of making up the eyes, and of beautifying the eyelids, and the most precious stones, and all kinds of coloured dyes. And the world was changed.
8.2 And there was great impiety, and much fornication, and they went astray, and all their ways became corrupt.
8.3 Amezarak taught all those who cast spells and cut roots, Armaros the release of spells, and Baraqiel astrologers, and Kokabiel portents, and Tamiel taught astrology, and Asradel taught the path of the Moon.
8.4 And at the destruction of men they cried out; and their voices reached Heaven.
9.1 And then Michael, Gabriel, Suriel and Uriel, looked down from Heaven and saw the mass of blood that was being shed on the earth and all the iniquity that was being done on the earth.
9.2 And they said to one another: "Let the devastated Earth cry out with the sound of their cries, up to the Gate of Heaven.
9.3 And now to you, Oh Holy Ones of Heaven, the souls of men complain, saying: "Bring our complaint before the Most High."
9.4 And they said to their Lord, the King: "Lord of Lords, God of Gods, King of Kings! Your glorious throne endures for all the generations of the world, and blessed and praised!
9.5 You have made everything, and power over everything is yours. And everything is uncovered, and open, in front of you, and you see everything, and there is nothing that can be hidden from you.
9.6 See then what Azazel has done; how he has taught all iniquity on the earth and revealed the eternal secrets that are made in Heaven.
9.7 And Semyaza has made known spells, he to whom you gave authority to rule over those who are with him.
9.8 And they went into the daughters of men together, lay with those women, became unclean, and revealed to them these sins.
9.9 And the women bore giants, and thereby the whole Earth has been filled with blood and iniquity.
9.10 And now behold the souls which have died cry out and complain unto the Gate of Heaven, and their lament has ascended, and they cannot go out in the face of the iniquity which is being committed on the earth.
9.11 And you know everything, before it happens, and you know this, and what concerns each of them. But you say nothing to us. What ought we to do with them, about this?"

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
this was already aired earlier this week. I tuned out when they started in with Billy Crystal and that basketball player My Giant movie though...

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If you folks are really serious on this subject, I can GLADLY and wouldn't mind providing the info. I have collected.

Let me know.....it would take a bit to type but would have references and links.

I'd be glad too but figured I would mention what I just did BEFORE I did this.

Peace.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i would sure appreciate the info, this is one of the major stories that intrests me,

especially about the anakim...

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Be glad to...will post it up tomorrow if thats ok.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
totally cool,
I appreciate it,
thanks,
-Stephen

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Have you ever wonder if we are the giants and that the midget humans are the ones that are extint. Just something to think about.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Actually, 6'0"+ was considered a 'giant' back in 'ancient' times since man was relatively a small stock of 5'0"+.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
the interesting thing is that some of those nephilim traits must have traveled down the genetic line...
the sons of anak were described as giants, some with 6 fingers and toes on each limb.

maybe some of these traits were in noah's son's wives.

hmmm...

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
ok.... just a bit I have on giants/Nephilim/etc.

www.stevequayle.com...

www.geocities.com...

www.mystae.com...

1) Large bones in stone graves in Williamson County and Whitecounty, Tennessee. Discovered in the early 1800's, the average stature of these was 7 feet tall.

2) Giant skeletons found in the mid-1800's in New York state near Rutland and Rodman.

3) In 1833, soldiers digging at Lompock Rancho, California discovered a male skeleton 12 feet tall. The skeleton was surrounded by carved shells, stone axes, and other artifacts. The skeleton had double rows of upper and lower level teeth. Unfortunately, this body was secretly buried because the local Indians became upset about the remains.

4) A giant skull and vertebrae found in Wisconsin and Kansas City.

5) A giant found off the California coast on Santa Rosa Island in the 1800's was distinguished by its double rows of teeth.

6) A 9 foot, 8 inch skeleton was excavated from a mound near Brewersville, Indiana, in 1879.

7) Skeleton's of "enormous dimensions" were found in mounds near Zanesville, Ohio, and Warren, Minnesota, in the 1880's.

8) In Clearwater, Minnesota, the skeletons of seven giants were found in mounds. These had receding foreheads and complete double dentition.

9) At LeCresent, Wisconsin, mounds were found to contain giant bones. Five miles north near Dresbach, the bones of people over 8 feet tall were found.

10) In 1888, seven skeletons ranging from seven to eight feet tall were discovered.

11) Near Toledo, Ohio, 20 skeletons were discovered with jaws and teeth "twice as large as those of present day people". The account also noted that odd hieroglyphics were found with the bodies.

12) Miners in Lovelock Cave, California, discovered a very tall, red haired mummy in 1911.

13) This mummy eventually went to a fraternal lodge where it was used for "initiation purposes."

1) John Haywood, The Natural and Aboriginal History of Tennessee, McCowat-Mercer, Jackson, TN, 1958

2) Cyrus Gordon, Before Columbus, Crown Publishers, NY, 1971

3) David Hatcher Childress, Lost Cities in North America, Adventures Unlimited PRess, Stelle, IL. 1992, pg.509

4) Cyrus Gordon, Before Columbus, Crown Publishing, NY, 1971

5) David Hatcher Childress, Lost Cities in North America, Adventures Unlimited Press, Stelle, IL. 1992, pg.509

6) Indianapolis, News News, November 10, 1975

7) Cyrus Gordon, Before COlumbus, Crown Publishing, NY, 1971

8) David Hatcher Childress, Lost Cities in North America, Adventures Unlimited Press, Stelle, IL. 1992, pg.468

9) Ibid.

10) St. Paul Pioneer Press, June 29, 1888

11) Chicago Record, October 24, 1895

12) Humboldt Star, May 13, 1928

13) David Hatcher Childress, Lost Cities of North America, Adventures Unlimited Press, Stelle, IL. 1992, pg.494

more to follow.......

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 21-6-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
SCWEET!
thanks brutha

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
contd.

I will have to re-check a couple of the above links...bear with me.

14) In 1931, skeletons from 8 1/2 to 10 feet tall were found in the Humbolt Lake bed in California.

15) In 1932, Ellis Wright found human tracks in the gypsum rock at White Sands, New Mexico. HIs discovery was later backed up by Fred Arthur, Supervisor of the Lincoln National Park and others who reported that each footprint was 22 inches long and from 8-10 inches wide. They were certain the prints were human in origin due to the outline of the perfect prints coupled with a readily apparent instep.

16) During WW2, author Ivan T. Sanderson tells of how his crew was bulldozing throu8gh sedimentary rock when it stumbled upon what appeared to be a graveyard. In it were crania that measured from 22-24 inches from the base to the crown, nearly three times as large as an adult human skull. Had the creatures to whom these skulls belonged had been properely proportioned, they undoubtedly would have been at least 12 feet tall or taller.

17) In 1947, a local newspaper reported the discovery of a nine foot tall skeletons by amatuer archeologists working in Death Valley.

18) The archeologists involved also claimed to have found what appeared to be the bones of tigers and dinosaurs with the human remains.

19) The Catalina Islands, off California, are the home of the dwarf Mammoth bones that were once roasted in ancient fire pits. These were roasted and eaten by human like creatures who were giants with double rows of teeth.

20) One of the latest accounts of a race of giants that occupied Europe comes from the Middle Ages and involves a surprising figure: Saint Christopher. While modern stories of St. Christopher simply make him out as an ordinary man, or perhaps a somewhat homely man, those who actually saw him had a different story. According to his peers, he was a giant, belonging to a tribe of dog-headed, cannibalistic giants. Jacques de Voragine in the Golden Legend wrote of St. Christopher: "He was a gigantic stature, ahd a terrifying mien, was twelve coudees tall."

21) A coudee is an antique measurement equal to or larger than the English linear measurement of a foot. According to this ancient account, St. Christopher stood from 12-18 feet tall (a fact that has become hidden in or even erased from Church history).

22) While Western icons don't picture St, Christopher as contemporary accounts described of him, those of Eastern Churches do. Often the suggestion is seen in historic accounts that St. Christopher was the product of a tryst between a human being and an Anubis (a demon-like creature based on the Greek Anoubis, which came from the Egyptians jackel-headed god who was believed to lead the dead to judgement.)

14) Ibid., pg.496
15) Ibid., pg.497

16) David Hatcher Childress, Lost Cities of North America, Adventures Unlimited Press, Stelle, IL, 1992, pg.526

17) The Hot Citizen, "Expedition Reports Nine Foot Skeletons", August 5, 1947

18) Ibid.

19) David Hatcher Childress, Lost Cities of North America, Adventures Unlimited Press, Stelle, IL, 1992, pg.526

20) Malcolm South, Mythical and Fabulous Creatures, Peter Berick Books, NY, NY, 1987, pg.303

21) Ibid.
22) Ibid.

more to come..............

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
contd

There is ample reasons to believe that the monoliths in Salisbury, England, were not built by either the Druids or normal human beings.

When one considers the megaliths proportions, tonnage, and the lack of resources in terms of both nature and human; and the lack of technology, the possibility that I am suggesting is not so far fetched as it may seem.

1) Not a lot is known about the people who would become known as the Celts. It is known that they migrated across Asia Minor, through northern Europe and into what have become the Celtic countries of Wales, Scotland, and Ireland. Most accounts of them include references to the giants that were often found among them. The Greek historian Pausanias called the, "the world's tallest people."

2) "Modern historians now believe that, in fact, the giants among the Celts were a ruling class that held control over the indigenous population that formed the majority of the Celtic Tribes.

3) As these 60- some Tribes that comprised the Cimbri or Cimmerian peoples traveled across Europe, migrating and taking over areas and later being driven Eastward by other cultures, the name of the people changed. While they were in Asia Minor, they were known as the Gomerian Sacae; this was shortened and modified to become Celtae (meaning "potent and valiant" men similar to the "mighty men" on the Genesis 6 passage). The Greeks called them Galatai; a corruption of Celtae; the ROmans further changed this name to Gauls.

4) ALthough the Romans would eventually devise methods of defeating these giant warriors, attacking long legs that couldn't be guarded by massive shields, these creatures carried, the blue eyed, blond giants inspired terror among those facing them in battle for the first time.
The travels of the giants through the German region also most likely inspired the Teutonic legends of the Aryan race of superhumans (with the early name of "Cimmerian" having an obvious resemblance that is probably more than happenstance to Aryan). The Nazi ideal "superman" was a blue-eyed, blond giant; this is the exact historic description of the Celtae.
DeLoach has also made a good argument that the giants ruling the Celtae may very well have been descendants of the Anakim , the giants the Israelites found in the Promised Land. HIs argument is based on the Roman poet Virgil's account of the Gauls which describes them:
"Golden is their hair and golden their garb. They are resplendent in their striped cloaks, and their milk-white necks are circled with gold."

5) These distinctive gold necklaces have also been discovered in numerous archeological finds, bolstering Virgil's observations.

1) Pausanias, 1.35.

2) Charles Deloach, Giants. A Reference Guide From History, the Bible, and Recorded Legend. , Scarecrow Press, Meuchen, NJ, 1995, pg.54

3) Ibid.

4) Virgil, Aeneid, 8.658-660

5) Charles DeLoach, Giants, A Reference Guide From History, the Bible, and Recorde LEgend., Scarecrow Press, Meuchen, NJ. 1995, pg.54

more to come................

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
contd.

6) This tight gold band around the necks of the Celtae is what ties them to the biblical accounts of the Nephilim. Remembering that the Anakim were one of the tribes that were listed as being giants in the Bible, the clue that links the Celtae to the Nephilim is the Hebrew word which is translated as "Anakim" in English : The actual word is "Anaqiy", meaning "a descendent of Anak."

7) NOw the word translated as "Anak" in the English version of the Bible is "Anaq" and was employed as another term for "Canaanite."

8) As noted earlier, this suggests that the culture that ruled much of the Promised Land when the Israelites invaded it was comprised of two classes with the "Anakim" acting as a ruling elite within a larger human population.
But there's more. Hebrew names are often based on common words, giving the names special meanings that relate it back to characteristics of the individual or thing being named. The word "Anaq", which was employed to name the "Anak, used in other contexts means: "a necklace so tight as to appear to be strangling." Use of this word suggests that the most noticeable feature of the descendents of "Anak" was a tight chain about the neck.
That same feature was the distinguishing characteristic that Virgil chose to remark on when describing the Gauls.
This leads to an important possibility. The "Anakim", or giabts that adopted their practices, were pushed out of Canaan by the Israelites, going northward and eventually traveling westward over Europe and, with the passage of several millenia, finally settled in the Celtic nations.

Their Religious Practices

9) If the Anakim and the giants among the Celtae were one and the same people, then it's possible to gain an insight into the religious practices of the Nephilim.
While the Bible doesn't revela much about the religious practices of the Anakim, it does hint at human and infant sacrifices and similar horrors. God ordered the Israelites to kill all the men, women, and children in many of the cities taken during the invasion of the Promised Land, by the Jews.

10) However, more is known historically from non-Biblical sources about the religion that the Celtae practiced.
Ancient historians had a variety of horrors to tell about the Celtae giants, including the fact that they were homosexuals (another crime which dictated the death penalty under Mosaic Law). Athenaeus states that the giants were accustomed to sleeping with not one but two boys. The historian Diodorus also suggested that homosexuality was rampant among the giants when he wrote: "Although their wives are comely, they have very little to do with them, but rage with lust in outlandish fashion for the embraces of males. ANd the most astonishing thing of all is that they feel no concern for their proper dignity but prostitute to others without a qualm the flower of their bodies; nor do they consider this a disgraceful thing to do, but rather when anyone of them is thus approched and refuses the favor offered him, this they consider as act of dishonor."

6) James Strong, Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, Abingdon Press, NY, 1894/1970, 6062

7) Ibid., 6061

8) Ibid., 6060

9) Deuteronomy 13:15, 20:13, Joshua 8:24, 10:28-39, 11:11, etc.

10) Diodorus, 5.32.

...............more to come..............

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
one of the major things we can construe from this is that if the celtae were decended from anakim, and them from nephilim, then you can kind of see where the germanic tribes caught thier reverence for these people,

There's a link somewhere with the anakim and goliath, and other giant kings of caanan (sp?) lol

one mention in the bible is of the 6 toes/hands deal,
and the huge bed measurements,

I'll see if i can dig it up...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join