It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Hanover's chief of police has confirmed that there is a serious threat to the city.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: citizenx1

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: dollukka
Merkel was going to see the game.

Ah, yes. Plan thwarted when one of the elite and powerful are targeted.

Smoke & mirrors.

The attacks on Paris were due to target the stadium where the French President was watching the game. I don't think 136 dead bodies is "smoke and mirrors" - do you?

Again...thwarted:

Three explosions occurred near the country's national sports stadium, the Stade de France, in the suburb of Saint-Denis, resulting in four deaths, including the three suicide bombers.[56] The explosions happened at 21:20, 21:30, and 21:53.[57] The first explosion near the stadium was about 20 minutes after the start of an international friendly football match between France and Germany, which President François Hollande was attending.[23][58] The first bomber was prevented from entering the stadium after a security guard patted him down and discovered the suicide vest;[59] a few seconds after being turned away, he detonated his suicide vest, killing himself and a bystander.[60] Ten minutes after the first bombing, the second bomber blew himself up near the stadium. Another 33 minutes after that, the third bomber detonated his vest nearby at a McDonald's.

Link

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: citizenx1

Good point. I heard a talking MSM head also say that the targeted places in France were among those places that young people usually frequent. Concert, bar, restaurant, stadium. Trying to remove potential young male (fighters)?

Curious.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Smoke & mirrors.

The attacks on Paris were due to target the stadium where the French President was watching the game. I don't think 136 dead bodies is "smoke and mirrors" - do you?

Really? How do you work that out?

Hollande may well have been in the stadium when the attacks started, but within a short space of time he was back in safety. Whilst the would be suicide bombers, more or less living up to their title, are setting off their explosives prematurely.

If Hollande had been present in the concert hall, do you think it would still have been stormed?
edit on 17/11/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye
"turned away"? Wait, is the article saying they just said he can't come in?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jobless1
a reply to: dollukka

wow just wow I wonder if this will change Merkel's view on the situation?

Doubt it.

The stupid old hag is so out of touch with reality.
edit on 17-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
"turned away"? Wait, is the article saying they just said he can't come in?

It is an odd-wording, eh?

I don't have the answer.

ETA: I copied that from Wikipedia, btw.
edit on 17-11-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Smoke & mirrors.

Again...thwarted:

Three explosions occurred near the country's national sports stadium, the Stade de France, in the suburb of Saint-Denis, resulting in four deaths, including the three suicide bombers.[56] The explosions happened at 21:20, 21:30, and 21:53.[57] The first explosion near the stadium was about 20 minutes after the start of an international friendly football match between France and Germany, which President François Hollande was attending.[23][58] The first bomber was prevented from entering the stadium after a security guard patted him down and discovered the suicide vest;[59] a few seconds after being turned away, he detonated his suicide vest, killing himself and a bystander.[60] Ten minutes after the first bombing, the second bomber blew himself up near the stadium. Another 33 minutes after that, the third bomber detonated his vest nearby at a McDonald's.

Link

Tell that to the families of those who died. Tell that to the people of Paris who are living in fear of another attack and, in all probability, are right to feel that way.

Tell that to the people of Europe who now have to be more alert than they've ever been.

You call the murder of over 120 people a "thwarted" attack?!

It's goal was clear - to cause mass causalities and serve as a catalyst to divide the people of Europe and instil fear. It was a resounding success in that it achieved its aims.

You can sit there and play semantics all day long but it shows little understanding of the impact of the event and the consequences.

edit on 2015-11-17T16:15:13-06:00153015320America/Chicago11x1 by citizenx1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Tell that to the families of those who died. Tell that to the people of Paris who are living in fear of another attack and, in all probability, are right to feel that way.

Tell that to the people of Europe who now have to be more alert than they've ever been.

You call the murder of over 120 people a "thwarted" attack?!

Oh, geez. Stop pretending like you are confused and I am attacking civilians. it's clear I meant the attacks targeted directly on the places where Merkel was scheduled to be and Hollande was, were thwarted. WHILE THE ATTACKS ON ORDINARY CIVILIANS were not.

Spare me the reframing. You should know better and it's rude.

edit on 17-11-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Doubt it.

What's reality, in your opinion?

Do you buy into all the nonsense regarding Muslim immigrants or do you think it's all part of a distraction?

I can only think of one question to ask. What did the ordinary Syrian do to deserve the total destruction of their country. We get told this and that about the Syrians, but it really isn't the ordinary Syrian, they're swamping Germany lately. Although Germany can do with them. After all they have seen the British Model.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Doubt it.

Do you buy into all the nonsense regarding Muslim immigrants or do you think it's all part of a distraction?

I can only think of one question to ask. What did the ordinary Syrian do to deserve the total destruction of their country. We get told this and that about the Syrians, but it really isn't the ordinary Syrian, they're swamping Germany lately. Although Germany can do with them. After all they have seen the British Model.

Sorry but completely open and unregulated borders is reckless and stupid!

I am all for helping refugees but in a CONTROLLED way. Letting only those documented and vettedmin.
Its called BALANCE.

Infact Merkel's handling of the entire EU is a joke from Greece to immigration to EU finances.
edit on 17-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
No bombs exploded in Hannover, no bombs were found yet and nobody was arrested.
The Minister of the Interior spoke on a press conference saying that he can't say anything, because it could ruin the resources and scare the people.

Still they are searching for explosives. Right now they are searching a train, where a suspicious bag was found.

Irony: Germany and Netherlands wanted to demonstrate solidarity with Paris and show that we are not scared...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It's very odd. If he was just turned down, just denied entry and nothing else than I am appalled and that quote certainly suggests it.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Doubt it.

Sorry but completely open and unregulated borders is reckless and stupid!

I am all for helping refugees but in a CONTROLLED way. Letting only those documented and vettedmin.
Its called BALANCE.

Infact Merkel's handling of the entire EU is a joke from Greece to immigration to EU finances.

I agree as far as Greece is concerned, she has treated them as a joke.

But, Germany needed immigrants, regardless of what you think. Immigration is what has made Britain so successful recently. Although not too successful, probably 0.25% more successful.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

God why does it have to be one extreme or the other with immigrants? All or nothing?

Im not saying all immigration should be stopped.

Im just saying we need to be more selective and careful.

Im not saying no immigrants just no open unregulated borders, BIG diffrence.
Its called BALANCE.

So stop with blah blah blah immigration mades Britain great line.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

i would hardly call homeless on our streets successful,homeless soldiers homeless girls .
nor would i call the n.h.s being underfunded successful
nor would i call politicians getting a pay rise while the public sector wages frozen successful
nor would i call cancer patients having their drugs cut successful
nor the cut in police successful
nor would i call austerity successful but you can colour it how you want

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The police of Hannover posted on their facebook-site. They confirm that no explosives were found at all.

They wrote:

"At the main station a suspicious object was blasted. As things are now there also were no explosives in this object. The stoppages are lifted already."

Special service: They posted in German and in Dutch today.

Police Hannover

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted or not, but CNN said Germany got it's intel from France.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: real_one

hope you like crow.

reports on CNN, FOX saying the exact same as the twitter feed explosives found, attack thwarted.

I think you'd be surprised how little info is making it onto Sky News and BBC News. Seems like they've decided not to comment during an ongoing situation. Must be some serious stuff going down.

Where next?

Thank god we are getting our news on ATS. We have so many different users logged in from all over the world it is easy to parallax the news sources for clues. Currently it looks like a 3 to 1 ratio of canceled music events vs the sporting event.

Quickly scanning through the posts some other readers mentioned there appears to be a resonance with events from 6 months ago (in what they are reading).

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Oh! You beat me to it when it came to posting this. I wasn't born too far away from Hannover so I heard the news real quick. My first thought was that it might be a horrible joke someone pulled since they didn't find any explosive devices. I really hope there's no more terrorist attacks, but I think Paris is just the beginning.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Can anyone give a brief update on what happened?

Sorry to be late to the thread but, I'd like to know what happened.

Thanks in advance.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join