It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

27 States and counting...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Mystik - we have to also consider the circumstances that during the migrant wave of the 1900-ish era, the industrial revolution, the people who came here were being assaulted in their homelands.

The British tried to starve out the Irish - they tried to disappear the Scots. They brutally persecuted the Protestants... I have Scots, Irish, and English blood as well German and Finnish. All of that war and oppression and persecutiong crap, from the 17th to the dawn of the 20th century led to my being born here -- as a mutt. A blond, redheaded, freckled mutt. And I'm fine with that.

The difference to now is that the USA is responsible in a very clear way for WHY this particular wave of immigrants is trying to come here. At that time, the "USA" was not bombing anyone else and then rejecting the displaced.

The USA was welcoming and absorbing people who were desperate, whose homelands had been decimated or stolen, whose livelihoods had been destroyed by their own governments.

Now we have a turn-about - the USA is largely responsible for the decimation and barbarity and destruction and despair. All of the stuff causing these people's plights - and now refuses to even take responsibility for the havoc they wrought? I know, 9/11 retaliation and mistrust and slaughters all over the place. But, in my conscience, I feel it is wrong as a country to reject the victims of our own government's actions.

Sure, vet them, scan them, make them take their shoes off and take a polygraph test; require 200 references and have a sponsor already stateside.....turn them into frogs, take away their birthday, stamp no dessert on their ID card, whatever.

but - rejecting them out of hand? Women and children whose situation the USA contributed to worsening?

edit on 11/17/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I have a real problem with this statement from burdman:

The "melting pot" destination of the world's cast aways and dregs is largely a construct of the government and media, forced upon the citizenry of the US. It is not something "We the People" have ever majority embraced.

As it is simply not true. The citizenry of the U.S. IS the melting pot, so how could it ever have been forced and how could they have not "ever" have embraced it?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
What about Christian Syrians ? Does that change anything?

So Far: Syrian Refugees in U.S. Include 2,098 Muslims, 53 Christians

www.cnsnews.com...

Obama doesn't want them here, those that are still alive that is.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I think thats a horrible comparison. Jews were not known for their violence. This reminds me of an argument a friend used against me recently. It's not a proper argument.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
heck.
why should any circumstance over-ride any standard circumstance for one who aims to become an american?

and how hard is it to cross a desert where an imaginary line is drawn compared to the northern border-if we want to exhibit any integrity whatsoever?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Don't waist your breath, Vroom. I have learned that some people work so hard at trying to be super tolerant that they have lost the common sense ability of legitimate discrimination. As they say, "you can be so open minded that your brains fall out". I truly believe there is some mental illness in this inability to balance logic and reasoning with too much tolerance.

Tolerance actually comes naturally to me. My brains are also fully intact.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Mystik - we have to also consider the circumstances that during the migrant wave of the 1900-ish era, the industrial revolution, the people who came here were being assaulted in their homelands.

There also were more jobs than America had laborers for at that time. The same is very, very far from true today. The country has reached maximum capacity, time to light up the No Vacancy sign.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
Huck huck , yepperz, the right to work state missoura is accepting them with open arms...

Yikes, I see a problem here with #mizzou group when Sharia law starts stepping on their toes.....and freedoms.

When Obamacare was passed, what legal loopholes did states use to not participate?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah, I edited my post. In your geneaology, though, are there any immigrants?

I was born here, as well - my ancestors came from Northern Europe, Poland, and Scandinavia.

Where did yours come from?

Just curious.

My Protestant German (Pennsylvania deutsch) ancestors came here in the mid 1700's from the Great Palatine migration. They were being invaded by the French. And taken over by Catholic rule. England's queen rounded us up and shipped us off.

Not Native America - - but, at least been here for a long time.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

There also were more jobs than America had laborers for at that time. The same is very, very far from true today. The country has reached maximum capacity, time to light up the No Vacancy sign.

Actually, no. With the influx of immigrants, people and businesses who wanted labor done had to bid very competitively and often pay a high fee to a organizations like Tammany Hall. It is very interesting history.

link   

I understand what you're saying. I do.
It's just that this chaos just makes things worse. Fine - we don't let them in. But, do we rebuild their country after ruining it first and then "installing" our own proxy government" instead? That is basically Imperialism at a certain level. Do we build cities for them in Siberia and then send them there?

I am very bewildered by this whole thing, burd. I don't mean to be belligerent.

I hope you see what I mean - history aside.
edit on 11/17/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

It would be interesting to know how many on that list refused to take Jews who where fleeing Nazi Germany ?

I would say that is apples and oranges...but really its apples and washing machines.

Jews fleeing nazi Germany weren't beheading infidels or stoning women to death for heinous crime of being raped... I think there is a difference there you might be missing.

So you are tarring ALL Syrian Refugees with the same brush?

Interesting.

No, not as much as I am saying states are correct in denying the influx of refugees until it is determined that they actually are syrian refugees that actually are from syria and not economic opportunists or extremists.

BTW, the states in question have, for the most part, indicated the refusal to accept so-called refugees is not necessarily permanent. It is however going to be enforced until they can be as certain as is humanly possible that they are not inviting disaster to live among the rest of us. I dont think that is unreasonable at all. If we can subject little old ladies in wheel chairs and infants to groping body searches at airports I think we can be as diligent as necessary when dealing with potential threats to Americans in their own homes.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Don't waist your breath, Vroom. I have learned that some people work so hard at trying to be super tolerant that they have lost the common sense ability of legitimate discrimination. As they say, "you can be so open minded that your brains fall out". I truly believe there is some mental illness in this inability to balance logic and reasoning with too much tolerance.

Ooo...another one I wish I could add flags for...

link   
a reply to: Annee

Yep, see my later post that talks about my 17th century ancestors - they sailed with Penn's fleet from England due to persecution.

link   

Then let's also start banning new births... just til we get the employment situation cleared up.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc

It would be interesting to know how many on that list refused to take Jews who where fleeing Nazi Germany ?

Why?

Were the jews terrorists?

It might surprise you that in some cases the answer to your question is YES.

Take " Group 13 " for instance. More commonly known as " The Jewish Gestapo " who reigned terror on their fellow Jews. There where also many Jewish collaborators with the Nazi's

en.wikipedia.org...

Take sometime to research what actually happened. It may surprise you.

Jews who Fought for Hitler
Imagine your country strips you of all your rights, threatens you and deports you. This is what happened to the Jews in 1930s Germany, thanks to Adolf Hitler’s racial policies. This terrible situation was faced not only by Germany’s practising Jews but also by Germans who didn’t even think they were Jewish. Most were Christians – who just happened to have distant Jewish relatives. The Nazis had a name for them, the “Mischlinge” or half-breeds. Amazingly, many “Mischlinge” and even some Jews would still fight for Hitler. Some even joined the murderous SS. It begged the question: “Why?” This is the strange story of the Jews who fought for Hitler. Told through the amazing personal stories of those Jews or so-called “Mischlinge” caught up in Hitler’s hateful policies. Some of them are still alive today and provide testimony in the first person. Now they explain in their own words what it was like to fight for the very country that wanted to kill them and their relatives

docuwiki.net...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
The citizenry of the U.S. IS the melting pot, so how could it ever have been forced and how could they have not "ever" have embraced it?

You're kidding me, right? Popular opinion in the US was adamantly opposed to Irish, Chinese, Germans, Mexicans, etc. immigrating to the US at various times. Ever hear of the "No Irish Need Apply" signs?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

here's an example of the syrian refugees for you as i can clearly see you are being gang banged by members who
clearly have a agenda to let them in at all costs even if it means your own are hurt,its supposed to be deny ignorance
not induce ignorance refugees rape girl

countless members from the uk and europe have been telling the truth but they scury like rats to hide or just slam the truth

peace be with you ,dont be fooled by the agenda to shut up the truth!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Except for when they came over (or their parents/grandparents). Then it was embraced.

Yes, people are selfish and people have short memories. Doesn't mean they never embraced the idea of coming here to find a better life.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: kaylaluv
The citizenry of the U.S. IS the melting pot, so how could it ever have been forced and how could they have not "ever" have embraced it?

You're kidding me, right? Popular opinion in the US was adamantly opposed to Irish, Chinese, Germans, Mexicans, etc. immigrating to the US at various times. Ever hear of the "No Irish Need Apply" signs?

Sometimes I wonder if the popular opinion was the 'loud opinion'. Like the opinion of building a massive wall across our southern border and the thought that Mexicans bring diseases- though they have a 99% vaccination rate. It's not true, but many people will vehemently say it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join