It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

27 States and counting...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodsmom
a reply to: skunkape23
We should however be vetting people better. (Why aren't the men fighting to regain their own country while their families move to safety?) This applies to more than just Syria too, it should apply to all of the countries we are accepting refugees from. There are too many people who want to hurt us to welcome them all with open arms. Those little ones who need shelter from war right now should be given that shelter though.

This paragraph contradicts your fist paragraph. We never used to demand that the men stay in their country and fight a war. Did you ever hear about the US demanding that all the Jewish men stay in Germany and fight the Nazis during WWII? No, because such an idea is ludicrous. The only reason we are entertaining this idea NOW is because of the right's fear rhetoric around Islam.
edit on 17-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I know it is a bit extreme. But I would like to see America close its borders until this radical Islamic threat has been eliminated. I know it is old school but it does work. By closing the borders we could also get a handle on illegal immigrant problem. Closing the northern border would be the easier one to close. The southern border is problematic because the crossings are so porous.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I wonder how many of those states already have them. I can see two on the list without any kind of research already.

As I said in a previous thread, the children that were recently placed in my area are very terrifying whenever they're on tv. I'm very glad somebody is willing to step up and keep these six year old girls out of state. I'll sleep better at night now.

And for every six year old girl there are a hundred military aged men with fake documents and suspect intentions... Sleep well.

Point of fact there's not one military age male on the entire group.

Don't forget to look under your bed for big scary Muslims tonight!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: introvert

I bet there are at least 10,000 households who voted for Obama and support taking more refugees in.

Send all the refugees to those households. let people put their money where their mouth is.

Meanwhile I'll keep doing charity for homeless vets and homeless American kids.

Well said. Let the people who agree with obama step up and volunteer to take in these refugees.

OK, let's just say I agree with Obama and I'm willing to take in a family of refugees but.... I live in Texas. How does that work?

On top of that, based on some of the recent right-wing rhetoric be spewed over this issue, if I were allowed to house one of those refugee families here in Texas, I'm not sure I wouldn't fear my own neighbors more than the refugees living under my roof.

Nothing like living in a "Christian" nation.

edit on 17-11-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

And for every six year old girl there are a hundred military aged men with fake documents and suspect intentions... Sleep well.

This is a claim that you have NO way of knowing is true, is fueled by your prejudices, and is VERY likely not even close to true.

I think the fear from people as it is here is the US goverment going full retard like Sweden or Germany and just letting everyone in.

I understand the fear of that as that is a reckless policy.

I think the Fedral goverment needs to reassure and put in black and white it's only letting in women and children after vetting.

Im happy for the truely vulnerable after vetting to come to the UK but would be horrified if my goverment opened the borders like Germany.

edit on 17-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It does contradict itself, but I'm not entirely naive either. The world has changed drastically since our inception and it used to be that people came here for a better life not to hurt us. By helping out the innocents however, we are not only living up to our history, we are also showing that we care.

It's a very slippery slope and I have even at times agrees that we should close our borders. This current crisis brings out the mom in me though, and the thought of any of the little ones living in refugee camps breaks my heart. Why should innocence be destroyed to simply continue to perpetuate the acts of violence and hate. Why shouldn't humanity step up and help to change the cycle. An entire generation of Syrian children raised and abused in refugee camps isn't going to help the world any when they grow up.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I am happy that my state is on the list of refusing refugees in.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Vroomfondel

It would be interesting to know how many on that list refused to take Jews who where fleeing Nazi Germany ?

I would say that is apples and oranges...but really its apples and washing machines.

Jews fleeing nazi Germany weren't beheading infidels or stoning women to death for heinous crime of being raped... I think there is a difference there you might be missing.

So you are tarring ALL Syrian Refugees with the same brush?

Interesting.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

This is just what this country needs.
A few more hundred thousand unemployed people.
I guess this will bring in some badly needed fruit pickers to replace all the others who have now gone into the few remaining manufacturing jobs which Americans once had.

And the wages just keep going lower and lower.

Of course, I had forgotten about all the social programs these new arrivals will be given to get them started off buying the "American dream" (made in China).
edit on 17-11-2015 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
I am happy that my state is on the list of refusing refugees in.

If being on the list has no legal significance, why are you happy to be on it?

The only thing being on that list does, is to possibly identify your state as a target for your enemies.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

The world is still the same place it always was. Same goes for human nature. The only thing that has changed is the rhetoric used.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

All the more reason to continue to want to protect innocence.
That of my children as well as those who are suffering now.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Made it easier, but don't think sleeper cells aren't already here long before the Syria crisis. The name of this game, it seems, is escalation. We're at like level 4 of how many? No clue.

link   
a reply to: woodsmom

Why is altering rhetoric a reason to protect your children? What is so dangerous about rhetoric? Rhetoric is just rationalizations people use to justify their thoughts and actions.

Like I said human nature hasn't changed. The world is the same. There is nothing more to fear today from refugees than we did from refugees in yesteryears. People are just inventing excuses to be afraid of Muslims because that is the name of the game these days. Here's the thing. The very kids you are trying to "protect" now could potentially grow up and be disgusted that you'd be saying the things you are saying now.
edit on 17-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
I think all the homeless vets should take priority before bringing in refugees and giving them homes. Just my take. I'm not against taking refugees, but we need to take care of our own first.

link   
I'd be comfortable taking some women, children, and elderly. However, the men need to stand up and fight for their country. Why should we send our boys to die for a country whose own citizens are too chicken sh*t to fight for? If they don't want to fight for their country, why should we?

The problem is we have no way of vetting any of these people. The reality of the situation is that we cannot save everyone. We have people here within our own borders who need help.

All the libs crying about us being xenophobic should step up and open up their own homes first. Once I see them volunteering, then we can talk.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It is being reported this morning that already, a Syrian refugee has gone missing in Louisiana.

Catholic Charities, who receive MILLIONS of taxpayer dollars to oversee the incoming refugees' issues, has "lost" him. It's only a matter of time, people!

The smart thing to do, considering the radicalization of many muslims and the subsequent worldwide terrorist threat, is to declare a moratorium on this refugee program sponsored by the United Nations. Let the UN, who is the recipient of billions of dollars from us and others, build state-of-the-art refugee camps in their own regions and take care of these people until problems in their own countries are resolved.
edit on 17-11-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I'd go missing if I was him as well. Not too friendly to their kind in those parts these hours.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

And also we are all cyber-connected now, so we are bombarded with it every day.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: queenofswords

I'd go missing if I was him as well. Not too friendly to their kind in those parts these hours.

Nevertheless, it is worrisome on many levels. I guess he just took his $1,125 from the federal government and split to parts unknown. He probably has people already here, though, that he is meeting up with.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join