It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

27 States and counting...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

Ha ha ha, this question...

America takes much responsibly for destabilizing the Middle East.

Camps in Syria? Talk about sitting ducks.

Camps...

The Middle East has never been stable, it has in fact been the cradle of chaos for 1000's of years.

One can only add fuel to an already burning fire.

As long as religions, leaders, banks, large businesses, and politics are around we will see chaos.

lol, all America ever did to the middle east was to build them an oil infrastructure that turned them from nomadic goat herders into the richest area in the world. Gave them a huge opportunity to become civilized and part of the 1st world.

Did they bother to take the offer ? Nope. America did nothing but give them a great opportunity, to no avail.

When oil stops being a commodity, they will go back to looking and living exactly as they did in the 5th century.

Not our fault that dozens of trillions developed nothing, and went to golden toilets, jumbo jets, and caviar-booze-blow instead.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

Ha ha ha, this question...

America takes much responsibly for destabilizing the Middle East.

Camps in Syria? Talk about sitting ducks.

Camps...

The Middle East has never been stable, it has in fact been the cradle of chaos for 1000's of years.

One can only add fuel to an already burning fire.

As long as religions, leaders, banks, large businesses, and politics are around we will see chaos.

lol, all America ever did to the middle east was to build them an oil infrastructure that turned them from nomadic goat herders into the richest area in the world. Gave them a huge opportunity to become civilized and part of the 1st world.

Did they bother to take the offer ? Nope. America did nothing but give them a great opportunity, to no avail.

When oil stops being a commodity, they will go back to looking and living exactly as they did in the 5th century.

Not our fault that dozens of trillions developed nothing, and went to golden toilets, jumbo jets, and caviar-booze-blow instead.

The problem isn't that they are uncivilized and barbaric in nature. The problem is, that they are this with modern technology.
If we had this technology in the 12th century, it wouldn't have been pretty. We hung people in the middle of the streets for everyone to watch, burned witches because they knew algebra! We didn't apply logic to anything back then, whatever the church said was word.
- We would probably have hunted every person on this planet that wasn't christian down, and killed them.

And when oil stops being a commodity, they have already adapted to that my friend. What do you think Dubai is? Most of the Sheik's in that area has become business investors, they KNOW that oil will stop eventually.

The bigger issue though, is that they didn't think about their fellow people. They have absolutely NO social policies. "Oh you grow old and can't work?? Too bad.." "Oh, you got sick and can't take care of your 4 kids? Too bad."
- Again, barbaric by nature.

Bigger question might be, why don't they care for their fellow muslims?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I welcome the women and children to Texas. The men need to stay home and take care of business.

funny how there have been tons of interviews with syrian refugee men in europe who traveled alone and left their wives and children at home. hm i wonder what that is?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I few Governors and US Reps have been read in on classified content and have commented that the vetting process for refugees is weak at best. So this is the narrative being used to push this agenda to not permit anyone. I am in the middle on this. We can't trust the Federal Government to do this properly but we can't be Xenophobes either. American security is important but there has to be an appropriate balance.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
As others have said in this thread, states don't issue immigration documents. For all a state knows, anyone settling in their state is simply approved for entry into the country under 1 of any number of programs. They won't know the Canadian here on a work visa from the refugee who entered after months, possibly years of vetting. And that Canadian may be a jew, a muslim, a hindu... So any proclamation by a Governor is simple grandstanding for political reasons. They are well aware that they have no control of who enters the United States and there are no border checks between states. If anything their statements are inflammatory and dangerous because it suggests that states have right they never had. Those rallying behind this are actually rallying against our constitution of the United States that gives the Federal Government this power. But I suggest gathering your courage to suppress your fears and accept that you have no right to know how someone legally in the united states got here and that you need not cower in fear of people who spend up to 2 years going through the refugee approval process.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
In the context of history, these are not the actions of a proud American moment.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
so much for the land of the free , liberty and justice for all !

isnt that what the statue of liberty was for so that new arrivals would see it and feel happy
because they had escaped oppression , now they cant even get in

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

isnt that what the statue of liberty was for so that new arrivals would see it and feel happy

The Statue of Liberty was a gift from France in recognition for their shared commitment to liberty.

Some say it was to celebrate the end of the Civil War and the end of slavery. It came with the Declaration of Independence inscribed.

The poem "The New Colossus", a Jewish poet, Emma Lazarus, wrote and through donated funding had inscribed on the monument.

So the Statue of Liberty was not made by or inscribed by America.

Some say it was a set up.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: okachobi
As others have said in this thread, states don't issue immigration documents. For all a state knows, anyone settling in their state is simply approved for entry into the country under 1 of any number of programs. They won't know the Canadian here on a work visa from the refugee who entered after months, possibly years of vetting. And that Canadian may be a jew, a muslim, a hindu... So any proclamation by a Governor is simple grandstanding for political reasons. They are well aware that they have no control of who enters the United States and there are no border checks between states. If anything their statements are inflammatory and dangerous because it suggests that states have right they never had. Those rallying behind this are actually rallying against our constitution of the United States that gives the Federal Government this power. But I suggest gathering your courage to suppress your fears and accept that you have no right to know how someone legally in the united states got here and that you need not cower in fear of people who spend up to 2 years going through the refugee approval process.

I have mixed thoughts as many do, and others have already expressed at ATS what I have to say, but I think we're going to have to bite the bullet in the U.S. and accept that these people are already here and more will be following whether I am comfortable with it or not. Factions within the U.S. government have been involved in very corrupt maneuvers in Syria (not to mention elsewhere) and the blow back is occurring.

Ideally, from my point of view, Syria will be rebuilt at some point, and many of those who fled the destruction will want to return to their native land and begin anew because incentives will be offered. However, if they're able to establish themselves in a different country with family and resources intact, they may not want to return which is fine. Hopefully, they, those who don't have violent intent, will have adapted to their environments by then and are an asset to their communities.

Unfortunately, the number of migrating "inhumane humans" (ha ha) appears to be growing and they're in all countries ready to kill, maim and destroy upon being given the signal. Exposing the actual individuals who finance terrorism for their personal agendas, who make it lucrative, and I would say much of it has nothing to do with any religion but religious fanaticism is used as a cover, might help to lower the number of terror-related events.

I don't know what else to say about it at the moment.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Ideally, from my point of view, Syria will be rebuilt at some point, and many of those who fled the destruction will want to return to their native land and begin anew because incentives will be offered. However, if they're able to establish themselves in a different country with family and resources intact, they may not want to return which is fine. Hopefully, they, those who don't have violent intent, will have adapted to their environments by then and are an asset to their communities.

I think our arrogance is going to be the death of us.

Too many honestly believe our freedoms and our materialist way of life, is why we are envied; and once others come to our magnificent shores, and taste the good life, there will be no going back to their backwards, barbaric way of living. It was used before with the "How 'Ya Gonna Keep 'Em Down on the Farm(After They've Seen Paree)", campaign.

The truth is they don't envy our lives and lifestyle, thy despise it. We can pretend that we are all that and a bag of chips as my kids used to say, but we are little more than an embarrassment and an inconvenience in the eyes of many across the globe.

So we can keep pretending that all it is going to take is a little love, compassion, and open doors to fix the problem, but I think this strategy is going to prove to be the death of us. Whether you think that is a good thing or not.

We are we going to learn that you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.?

edit on 19-11-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word correction.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: tweetie

I think our arrogance is going to be the death of us.

Too many honestly believe our freedoms and our materialist way of life, is why we are envied; and once others come to our magnificent shores, and taste the good life, there will be no going back to their backwards, barbaric way of living. It was used before with the "How 'Ya Gonna Keep 'Em Down on the Farm(After They've Seen Paree)", campaign.

The truth is they don't envy our lives and lifestyle, thy despise it. We can pretend that we are all that and a bag of chips as my kids used to say, but we are little more than an embarrassment and an inconvenience in the eyes of many across the globe.

So we can keep pretending that all it is going to take is a little love, compassion, and open doors to fix the problem, but I think this strategy is going to prove to be the death of us. Whether you think that is a good thing or not.

We are we going to learn that you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.?

I'm sorry; I understand what you wrote but what I don't understand is how that has anything to do with the paragraph of mine you quoted.
Am I missing something?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flint2011

I few Governors and US Reps have been read in on classified content and have commented that the vetting process for refugees is weak at best. So this is the narrative being used to push this agenda to not permit anyone. I am in the middle on this. We can't trust the Federal Government to do this properly but we can't be Xenophobes either. American security is important but there has to be an appropriate balance.

Tell it to whomever loses their families in the resulting attacks. They will just love your thoughtfulness for people who never lived here before showing up demanding a free house, food, etc. Who couldn't get help anywhere in their own continent / region.
edit on 19-11-2015 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

As long as you put up several Syrian men in your house, I will accept your opinion as sincere.

When you don't.....meh, not so much.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

edit on 19-11-2015 by stevieray because: dupe

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
In the context of history, these are not the actions of a proud American moment.

I'm fairly proud to not be a complete fool and stooge for terrorists sneaking in and killing us.

Can't speak for anyone else.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Obama's actually refusing to tell anyone any details on what the vetting process consists of. Like a dictator or Dear Leader.

So there may be an effort, there may be absolutely no effort, or there may be pure foolishness disguised as an effort.

The states / governors, cabinet, military-FBI-CIA, congress....have all been told to pound sand by Obama. An absolute affront to modern democracy. No "classified" about it. Fascism absolutely, treason and insurrection possible, as long as nobody but one guy lets them all come rushing in.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

Obama's actually refusing to tell anyone any details on what the vetting process consists of. Like a dictator or Dear Leader.

So there may be an effort, there may be absolutely no effort, or there may be pure foolishness disguised as an effort.

The states / governors, cabinet, military-FBI-CIA, congress....have all been told to pound sand by Obama. An absolute affront to modern democracy. No "classified" about it. Fascism absolutely, treason and insurrection possible, as long as nobody but one guy lets them all come rushing in.

The real test will be the first killings by "Obama's people". Will he be looked upon as culpable, and criminally negligent / involved ?

Anywhere else in the world he would be, just not in America today.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
From RT - The U.S. House voted on a bill to increase screening of Syrian and Iraqi refugees making admission near impossible:

Vote

This is going to be a huge battle. It's completely understandable in light of what has occurred overseas.
edit on 19-11-2015 by tweetie because: added a few sentences

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

It would be interesting to know how many on that list refused to take Jews who where fleeing Nazi Germany ?

LOL

Was there Terrorist conflicts in the United States with Jews back in the 1930s , 1940s ?

I think Not ..

but Why Did America Refuse a Ship Full of Jews ? back in the 1930s ?
let alone everywhere that ship landed even Australia ?
do you know the Detail ?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I wonder how many of those states already have them. I can see two on the list without any kind of research already.

As I said in a previous thread, the children that were recently placed in my area are very terrifying whenever they're on tv. I'm very glad somebody is willing to step up and keep these six year old girls out of state. I'll sleep better at night now.

Yeah

ISIS film a CHILD carrying out a beheading for the first time: 'Cub of the Caliphate' is the first seen executing a prisoner by decapitation as the terror group increasingly use boys to kill
www.dailymail.co.uk... p-increasingly-use-boys-kill.html

The Little Devils ... that they are

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join