It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact Checkers Confirm That ISIL Being Contained Is True

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Fact Checkers Confirm That What President Obama Said About ISIL Being Contained Is True

Experts agree that the President was correct, though his choice of words wasn’t great, given some people’s inability to understand stateless terrorism. Perhaps the problem is that the people jumping to conclusions aren’t able to keep up with the President’s nuanced, in-depth understanding of fighting stateless terrorism, and only understand delusional bumper sticker slogans that make them feel better, in spite of not actually addressing the problem at all.

We all want to believe what the Republicans sell: That there’s a big daddy in the White House who will fix everything with his tough words and a big hat, but this is real life. The United States can’t fix this problem alone, we aren’t all powerful, and our President is brilliant and using the best minds in the business but he also can’t deliver a world in which zero military activity is required. Targeting ISIL means collateral damage as well, due to the way they hide among civilians. The real world is brutal sometimes. It would be instructive to have the press ask the 2016 presidential candidates the same question President Obama was just asked, and to compare the answers side by side.

Of course some don't mind that there will collateral damage, but then again aren't we glad they aren't in charge. I consider these people to be the radicals of the west and could be just as dangerous as ISIL.

Do we really want to create western version of that group because I believe this what they are asking for.

I see this as just as bad as the radicals in the east, I thought we were supposed to be better than that?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

So , you are going in to bat for Obama , you do know this is ATS and it seems like that is almost against the T&Cs . Wait i read further , the west are the radicals . Got it .

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Interestingly enough most experts also agree that the increase in chocolate rations to 20grams is double good!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The problem isn't stateless terrorism, its state sponsored terrorism. Terror cells can't survive without outside support.

Terrorists drive out civilians in areas they occupy and operate from. Thats the first thing when they move in, kill some people and take hostages. The rest flee if they can.

The reason they hide in towns is because its easier to hide there than in open terrain. The Syrian military is forced to destroy their own infrastructure retaking the area. The people are driven out (google Syrian refugees), and become burdens elsewhere. All this is a drain on resources of the government.

The terrs aren't strong enough conventionally to fight in the open with the army, they have to maximize their efforts by guerrilla style tactics.

Makes good propaganda too, when the military bombs the towns… "He's killing his people, he's killing his people!"

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
One can kill as many alleged Isis as you can but again I reiterate the ideology will still be alive and kicking. They aren't confind to one place one country there are thousands of members and supporters across the globe. When one cell or group falls another will take its place with "justification" for their fallen brothers.

We're in for the long haul until, if ever, those that follow this route are willing to give up their belief system

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I rolled my eyes at "inability to understand"

Then I figured I might be reading an Obama apologist when I saw "keep up with the President’s nuanced, in-depth understanding"

I was convinced when I got to "delusional"

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

So did you send this to the leaders of France and Russia?

It seems they didn't get the fact check memo and are unable to understand Obama too or maybe just delusional.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I guess ISIS doesn't have a space program yet. So someone can truthfully say that they are contained.... to Earth.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The good news is "we have the enemy on the run".

The bad news is "they're right behind us".

Contained in what way? Contained meaning they are not gaining ground in Iraq? Good, that's most likely part of the Iran deal.
Contained as in they are spreading throughout Africa and the Middle East? Cells in Europe and North America?

A thing isn't absolute simply because Dear Leader says it is so.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

People said the same thing about the Japanese during WW2 and the Nazis. Here we are 70 years later and plenty of decent normal Japanese and Germans running around. The Germans also said the same about the Jews.

People don't seem to get it. Islamic Terrorist are the new Bolsheviks. The rise of nationalism leading to world war 2 was a response to Bolshevik revolutions. Jews were the scapegoats because of their associations with Bolshevism. You are all being played.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
Interestingly enough most experts also agree that the increase in chocolate rations to 20grams is double good!

May need to report you to the ministry of truth.... Chocolate was 20 grams last week, it was increased to 14 grams this week, and was regarded as "Double Plus good." If you can't keep track of Government mandated truth, you are not doing your duty citizen !

Ok.. But seriously.. This is a pretty lame attempt to help save face, for the president...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

where's the facts that were checked and the sources used to verify them. i want to see for my self, and not take the liar -n-chiefs word or as one member put it a "Obama apologist" for it.

from where i stand it sure doesn't look as if isis are contained.

edit on 17-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

You do realize why Germany and Japan are the way they are now right? They were beaten in a war that was actually run as a war. Let us not forget that both countries were occupied by the victors after WWII. A bit different from a group that has no actual "country". The Germans and Japanese also were actually fighting a war with troops and had actual infrastructure that was targeted to diminish their ability to wage war. I don't see ISIS building tanks and fighter planes. Their lack of such tools of war is what makes this such a difficult war [?] to wage. Not to mention I would love to know how they think their information is accurate, who has gotten in to see how ISIS is running things in their territory. No outward expansion from their base is not proof they are being contained. That can just mean they are trying a different tactic.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Oh yeah they said the same thing about Al Qeda.

Then AQ just changed their names to ISIS.

Contained ?

Funny.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I remember when we used to defeat enemies.

Now we have parades when they are "contained".

new topics

top topics

join