It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparent massive triangular object captured over Melbourne - night vision video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

In your previous response the only logical possibilities are trickery or reflection.
I will be genuinely aghast if it is an insect or drone, though for different reasons.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: Discotech
If you're going to try and debunk something, please pay more significant attention to the object of your focus.

Yes because the guys who make these claims pay the same attention you expect debunkers to pay...

The timer doesn't correspond it has 8 seconds of nothing
Then 3 seconds when the object "appears" and then jumps back to 0 for absolutely no reason, to then carry on to 16 while the object is still magically fading

Why even add the timer ? we don't know how fast he's sped up the footage, so having a timer serves no purpose, he claims it's 2 minutes, why not show the full 2 minutes at normal speed as well ?

To me it serves as a distraction, much like magicians use distractions in order to create their "magic"

I will concede the stars do move, really slowly but skipping frames shows they do move, but I still ask the question why in end credits are the stars so much more vibrant, while being the same set of stars as opposed to the "dull" stars in the supposed UFO footage.

I'm not debunking it, I'm just saying that I think it's fake and giving some reasons which lead me to that conclusion, if we are to debunk it we need the original video file that hasn't been edited, but I'm guessing we'll never get that file because the object won't be on it

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I am irritated with people who incessantly jump to conclusions, regardless of which direction they happen to leap. You have logical backing, even if in my view your reasons for why it is likely to be fake are incorrect.

8 seconds, nothing, timer reset.
3 seconds, object faintly in view, timer reset.
1 second, weird reset as light magnification view in upper right corner appears.
17 seconds, object vividly in view, timer reset as it exits frame.

The timer doesn't seem to be amazingly precise, but it definitely corresponds to the object as it enters and exits the video.

The stars are a better question than the timer. While they move, that could be easily done by slowly panning the image. I am more curious as to if they show the correct flickering, though someone more versed in such recordings would be better suited to answer that.
edit on 17/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

From my previous previous post I also I think what McGee says could be plausible. Interesting video but I'm not willing to jump to Alien tech just from it. Not enough to say what it is or isnt.

www.livescience.com...

"In short," McGee said, "high-intensity/close-range infrared lights interacting with a sensitive infrared camera is the problem — turning an aircraft into a triangular blob — rather than the infrared camera being the solution to revealing invisible triangles or pyramids zooming about our airspace."

edit on 501130America/ChicagoTue, 17 Nov 2015 09:50:57 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Currently, my No. 1 and No. 2 most plausible explanations are some sort of reflection, or hoax. I highly doubt it's a conventional aircraft (e.g. passenger jet) given how perfectly still it is. Its (lack of) movement seems to be inconsistent with how a helicopter would act though I'm not too familiar with those, and if it's a hover drone I think you have bigger problems than ET.

Actually, upon more carefully examining the link you provided, it does appear to bear marked resemblance to the drone in that video. It also doesn't appear to be perfectly still, very slightly changing the direction it is pointing. Still a bit strange, but it could definitely be a drone.

edit on 17/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

edit on 17/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Mysterious Reasons

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

If your a self proclaimed authority on a subject then why would saying 'I don't know' be pointless?

Self proclaimed authority?
I beg your pardon? Please show where I have proclaimed myself to be an authority. On any subject.

Saying "I don't know what it is" says one thing. It says "I don't know what it is."

There are plenty of reasons for not knowing. Mostly it all gets down to not having enough information. In this case there is no information. There is a video. A night vision video. There is no way to tell if there actually is an object rather than a video artifact of some kind. If it is an object there is no way to tell its size or distance from the camera (much less its mass).

Which is what my point has been all along. You can speculate about it being a massive triangular UFO based on the video if you wish.
edit on 11/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Kinda hard to judge size without any reference.

Coulda been a bug....

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Incompetech?...

They really should consider changing that name out.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It looks like a moth

I don't know anything about the camera used - less than nothing actually

Could moth dust register on the lens for a bit - then dissipate?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
'This video just reminded me of something. Could it be this?

TR3B BLACK OPS PROJECT

I'm not saying it is. But the triangle shape and "it" being in the air...its just an option to look into.

OR...swamp gas.

This is just off the cuff. Will research more on the video.

Good find OP.

edit on 17-11-2015 by IQPREREQUISITE because: wrong text

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Phaged if you do... Phaged if you don't...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

We all know this is a weather balloon of course.

But seriously. Good find.

Too bad Astr0 isn't around anymore to offer some insight.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE
'This video just reminded me of something. Could it be this?

TR3B BLACK OPS PROJECT

I'm not saying it is. But the triangle shape and "it" being in the air...its just an option to look into.

OR...swamp gas.

This is just off the cuff. Will research more on the video.

Good find OP.

Yes, it is swamp gas.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

We all know this is a weather balloon of course.

But seriously. Good find.

Yes, it is a weather balloon.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Great find and close to another smoking gun on the black triangles. Anyone remember that thread with the triangle moving across the solar eclipse ? It was also a `weather balloon`.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I read his threads and have seen a silent Black Triangle craft my self, but I don't recall too much insight from him . Entertaining reading and speculations yes , but he was stingy about facts,proof and relevant information from what I recall.

Maybe I will sleep on it and see if his insight comes back to me in my dreams. Or maybe his twin will pop up here?

edit on 341130America/ChicagoTue, 17 Nov 2015 13:34:24 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I'd re read his threads.

There's more in there than you think.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Calling HOAX nothing else in the frame even flutters . The atmosphere should act like it does at the end after his fake falling star.

HOAX

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Trio of US Navy NOS satellites blurred by light amplification.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
"UFO" video with added spooky music = hoax.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join