It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian new laws shoot terrorists do not negotiate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: piney

For what it is worth this is not new (maybe to aus).

My training is the same. If there is a situation - bombings / suicide bombers / what have you the threat is to be stopped immediately. This runs us into the realm of public safety on a mass scale.

Of all the terrorist incidents we have seen over the decade how many resulted in no loss of life and a negotiated end to the situation.

We measure success by the number of people saved.
They measure success by the number of people killed.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

it seems like criminal is the new terrorist

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

No.
Terrorists are, and always have been, criminals. As have been hostage takers of any sort.

Any that pose an immediate threat to others need to be removed, no matter their "motivation."
edit on 11/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

mucho take er' easy

i was agreeing with you just in a non direct way

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The interwebs suck.
Know what I'm sayin'?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

i do

my question is why do you and I find ourselves on the interweb so often?
edit on 17-11-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hello. My name is Phage.
(Hi, Phage)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

i get it you have few friends in real life so you come to the interweb. dont be take it as i slight i talk to you more than some of my real life friends, thats depressing

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Not so much. It was more along the lines of this:

During the meeting, people simply began talking. Each starting off by introducing themselves as, "Hello, my name is (first name) and I'm an alcoholic" and yes, just as in the movies, at this point the room burst into a, "Hello (first name)!" After they completed their "story" everyone in the room thanked them. Then the next person would speak up.

alcoholism.about.com...
But different.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

atsaholic??

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

More webaholic, with a penchant for ATS.
Sort of like preferring Jim Beam for the whiskey of choice.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

well if were doing metaphors i just like anything that makes my belly burn that doesnt have a specific flavor and a local beer to qwell the fire.

non metaphor

never facebook

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

It was a simile, actually.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
You're a daisy if you do...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

thats why i like u phage your always a d**ck

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: piney

Never let a good crisis go to waste. Roll on, roll on, the Americianisation of Australia or is the just NWO roll out.

Who is going to determine who is a terrorist, the govt minister, the police commander in charge of the cops at the , the cop themselves on the spot.

Dont forget that this will apply to those people who are on a terrorist watch list too.

Should you be on that list becaue you post on this site, and get flagged down on the road or get stopped on the street by a cop and you get a bit stroppy about it, the cops will know you are a terorist as defined in law; just by tapping their computer screen, so they can just blow you away just like they seem to do in the US these days.

Should you have a few drinks more than is wise and disply bad manners and the cops know your on a terro watch list then bang, bang, bang, thats the end of you, your kid, your brother etc and its all perfectly legal now it seems.

Where do these peoples layalty lie? I can remmeber a time when talking down a hsotage taker was the standard operating practice for al police forces in Australia and NZ, even if it took 24 hours. Going in and blowing away became fashinable because it was a way cutting down on police overtme.

These kinds of laws should never be allowed to become law until its OK'd by we the people first, through a referundem.

Making this law clearly indicates that the govt certainly does not see themselves as our servants but as our masters.

I dare them to put to a referundem.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Making this law clearly indicates that the govt certainly does not see themselves as our servants but as our masters.

Which law would that be?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Did you read the link provided . The France terrorists have changed the way police have to react . They were never going to be talked down and as a consequence the police have to react accordingly .

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Did you read the link provided .

Link nor thread. Apparently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join