It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the CIA moniter your computer ??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39

Originally posted by nukunuku

Originally posted by NetStorm

Originally posted by TgSoe
Not only can they spy on your computer activity, they can listen to you through your speakers. Isn't technology wonderful.

I'm sorry, thats impossible to do, unless the speaker/speakers has/have been modified before you get it/them.

im sorry but its possible, if you plug your speakers into the mic jack in the computer, they will work as a microphone. Never tried it? DO IT!

People please... enough with the "my speakers can listen/record to me!"... being a "part time" studio engineer, i assure you that these speakers can NOT receive/record audio signals... and by the way, have we considered the logic behind what is being said? (insert sarcasim here)... Sure "they" installed some secret mics in your computer speakers because we all sit in front of our computers screens talking to it!!!! Apparently "they" assume we are all VERY lonely to do so huh? I know i dont talk to my computer and IF I did would i tell my computer all my little dirty secrets???

No secret mics. are required to listen to you! Most computers have build in mic/speakers on them..

Go check out NetBus Pro....

If i were to install this while "fixing" someones computer, it allows me to watch them live on there computer from anywhere AND listen to them, even if they have the speakers/mic turned off or down in windows. You can send a windowed message, open cd drives, reboot, anything you want. Im sure the NSA could come up with something better than this as well!

Here is some info:
www.all-internet-security.com...

Heh.. it works too, trust me!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think they can see what e-mails you send and the ones you almost sent and threw in the trash instead. I believe they know how fast you type. They obviously know which sites you vistit. They don't make spyware for nothing. I believe Microsoft is in on the hole deal, of course they would never admit it. I think its mainly for the purpose of finding and tracking down true enemies of the government, so they can nip them in the bud.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well, as far as the speaker mic thing, it is absolute fact that a speaker can be used as a microphone. I do it all the time, and have been a producer/engineer for over 20 years. A speaker and a microphone are both known as audio transducers. An uncommon studio engineering trick is to take a 15" speaker and mount it on the front of a kick drum for extra low end. I call it a woofer mic. The speaker leads are wired to a 1/4" plug, and then run into a direct box, and then to a mixer/console. And surprisingly, the output is SO hot from the speaker in this case, that the input has to be reduced or it will distort the average mixer input on a console. In fact there are few mic preamplifiers that have a wide enough input gain range to accomodate such a device, because the output is so very hot. But yes, it can be done, and is done every day.

And frankly, after having done this on tons of drum tracks over the years, I have often wondered if a similar situation could work for a video display. In fact, I have a hunch that it could be done wherever there are black pixels on the screen, as they are not outputting light. I have not really looked into it, but I could see them inventing circuitry that would allow light to be sensed from any black pixel, if it is possible at all. I would love to hear from a very studied person on this, who has advanced technical knowledge of CRT displays. Could a black pixel on a CRT be made to sense light, and deliver an output back through the circuitry? If it could, then suffice it to say that we have probably been spied upon for many years.

As to the NSA back door in Windows, I am not surprised.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Speakers can be use as microphones, because they really do sound into electricity conversion, but CRT is something more complicated to do that, because we got this beam going onto pixels on the screen, audio is simplier to catch, then picture. Maybe when it is on can be something be done about that, but it would be sci fi really, I have read once a story about that. It is an interesting idea, and I am sure someone has tried to make it once in a while, but it sure is far more complicated to achieve.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
All the people on this thred that think that you can't use speakers as a mic just try it. I found out by chance when i was a kid messing around with my stereo and a pair of head phones. A few years ago I tried it again with a crappy pair of computer speakers and again it worked. Same it true with a mic, plug it into an output and bam sound will come out. It shocks me how few people know this. The funny part is I've made jokes about how you could be tapped without even having a wire put in your house.

Xon

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
How to it work whit this home cinima thing. On my computer I have 4 speakes that go in a big sub and a thing that make the sonds louder then into the computer does that work as a mic? Now thay you say the history aboyt headphones can be used as mic I remember I used to do that so you are todaly right.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by P Amaru
ive plugged in headfones in wrong jack in my hi-fi before and could speak thru them like a mic

Plug one into an output and you have a tiny speaker.

if you plug your speakers into the mic jack in the computer, they will work as a microphone.

Originally posted by xz_38
plug it into an output and bam sound will come out.

Therefore for anyone to spy on us we would all have to have our speakers and microphones plugged into the wrong jacks

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nibiru

Originally posted by P Amaru
ive plugged in headfones in wrong jack in my hi-fi before and could speak thru them like a mic

Plug one into an output and you have a tiny speaker.

if you plug your speakers into the mic jack in the computer, they will work as a microphone.

Originally posted by xz_38
plug it into an output and bam sound will come out.

Therefore for anyone to spy on us we would all have to have our speakers and microphones plugged into the wrong jacks

Ahhh the voice of reason
Thank you, you proved my point.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
yes it's quite possible, however cia, nsa..etc are not the only ones interested in getting unauthorized access to computer systems... If you are too paranoid you can take one of linux distros and compile only what you need and keep your security up to date, However, best security is to unplug the network cable

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Another question popped up in my head about the CIA monitoring the home PC. When you download Kazaa and "Music Freeware P2P software", how do they know how to find you? A number of people have been arrested, but how did they catch them?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by creamsoda
Another question popped up in my head about the CIA monitoring the home PC. When you download Kazaa and "Music Freeware P2P software", how do they know how to find you? A number of people have been arrested, but how did they catch them?

IP adress?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I was thinking that too, like they had the software to do it. But how would they go about getting it ? Thats the question im puzzled on.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm sure the CIA has better things to do with it's time
then to read my email and check my computer. I'm dull.
My emails are even duller. However, if they do, I'm sure
they do so when they are having trouble sleeping and
need a good snooooooooozer to read to help them drift
off to sleep. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
No I dont think the NSA or CIA taps my computer.

If I perhaps visit a site on how to build a pipebomb then yes they would have probable cause and would look and see what I was all about.

But really I wouldnt care either way. My computer is not very exciting to an intelligence analyst. Maybe I should visit some more evil websites so if they ever did look, they would have something to do besides playing all my computer games I have on here.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by creamsoda
I was thinking that too, like they had the software to do it. But how would they go about getting it ? Thats the question im puzzled on.

Well that's not hard. Start bittorrent download and you'll have the list of all ip's you are downloading from, as a matter of fact all of ip's from tracker.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join