It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred And Bigotry Run Amok On Facebook

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Conservatives and religious extremists are displaying mind-numbing hatred and bigotry on social media in response to the Paris tragedy last week.

Why do scared ignorant people always react before using critical thought process. Why does fear always bring out the stupid.

Also what is bombing going to do, except make more extremists? I mean you cannot kill an ideal so how exactly is killing innocents with the bad guys gonna resolve anything?

Made an edit..it is not just conservatives, my other liberal friends support not allowing refugees in due to fear and ignorance.
edit on 16-11-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

I agree but its not just limited to conservatives. I noticed today locally people were talking about boycotting arab owned businesses in the area. They didn't seem to be troubled by the fact that the business that gained their initial ire is owned by an Indian Hindu family. /facepalm.
edit on 16-11-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Yeah change it thanks.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
On the flip side you have liberals' prejudice and bigotry against anything white. Whatta ya gonna do?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Fear and ignorance transcends all ideologies.

So few voices are of reason. Like, maybe increased security screening? So many are hung up on most of the refugees being young men. But none look into why that is (there is actually a logical reason behind it). There are ways to handle this without betraying the founding spirits and ethics of our nation.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
well. simply put. because that is human nature.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yeah the only thing that comes to mind for me is cognitive dissonance. The majority of people hold opinions that others tell them to hold. Now they are dealing with conflicting ideas.

With conservatives for instance they would tell you all day long about how they are against illegal immigration and how great legal immigration is but then they want to turn around and victimize legal citizens of this country.

Same with liberals they have been told how in order to be caring they have to agree with every pc , humanitarian issue that arises. Except now they are afraid of the people they want to help.

CD is really the only thing I can think of to explain it. That and a general poseur quality about peoples depth of understanding of their own stated beliefs.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

The real question is why does anyone use Facebook or care what people say on it in the first place. I am perfectly content to let the world of social media go on without me or my input. At least ATS and our forums here have intelligent, thoughtful people on it to share ideas and discussion with...Facebook is the Wal-mart of the internet.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone

Conservatives and religious extremists are displaying mind-numbing hatred and bigotry on social media in response to the Paris tragedy last week.

Why do scared ignorant people always react before using critical thought process. Why does fear always bring out the stupid.

Also what is bombing going to do, except make more extremists? I mean you cannot kill an ideal so how exactly is killing innocents with the bad guys gonna resolve anything?

Made an edit..it is not just conservatives, my other liberal friends support not allowing refugees in due to fear and ignorance.

Thats right, people being attacked are scared and ignorant. The terrorists are brave and smart.

Right?

If it was you being terrorised, would you just smoke a cigar, drink your brandy and laugh?

Who's ignorant.
edit on 16-11-2015 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The real question is why does anyone use Facebook or care what people say on it in the first place. I am perfectly content to let the world of social media go on without me or my input. At least ATS and our forums here have intelligent, thoughtful people on it to share ideas and discussion with...Facebook is the Wal-mart of the internet.

Facebook ruined my life, no lie. I wish I had never heard of the insidious thing. People suck, trust me.

it is a censored collaboration of weak minded idiots. me included.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yes, I noticed the hatred on Facebook, and I just ignore it.

I just move on pass all those posts. It's like a Troll party screaming for attention, the right, the left.

I don't care. I will not read any of their garbage.

If everyone would not pay any of these people any attention, they will go away.

My motto is if you have to kill for your Religion, then please start with yourselves.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Because they're ignorant...and fear doesn't bring out the stupid, just that the stupid are the ones most easily frightened...

4 options...(1)kill them..and not just 1 generation of them....(2)Do nothing...and you know what they say about good men doing nothing...(3)Sit down and have tea and crumpets to try to talk it out...(cause that's gonna work....) and...the only option no one is even contemplating...

(4)Stop the funding...roughly FORTY different countries are directly or indirectly tied to the funds of ISIL...but no one is willing to cut them off because of 1 reason and 1 reason only....that one reason being they see political or economical gain out of keeping them around...

So as long as men in suits with deep pockets still want them around...they'll still be around...
And as long as people remain ignorant...they will also live in fear.

A2D
edit on 16-11-2015 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
There is a group out there very adept at using social media in an attempt to further their cause . A group that thinks their cause is more important than the lives of innocent French citizens . A group that threatens those that don't follow their agenda .

Wait , black lives matter . Move along .

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Maybe they don't want refugees to come in due to rational fear and educated opinions about Islamic culture. Which is the opposite of baseless fear and ignorance.

What is bombing going to do? If that's a serious question, here's a serious answer. Bombs could wipe everyone out in the region. That would be a solution of sorts, right? Maybe not a solution you like, but a solution nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

Maybe they don't want refugees to come in due to rational fear and educated opinions about Islamic culture. Which is the opposite of baseless fear and ignorance.

Perhaps it is a matter of national security ? Some of the European countries are following France's lead and closing off their borders. But , as the old saying goes , isnt that "locking the barn door after the horses have gotten out ?"

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
People are very quiet about what islamic culture brings with it, especially when it comes to Sharia Law. Sharia is something every one should read through very carefully because it goes right against Western values and makes the two cultures - for the religious and practising peoples within then totally incompatible.

The segregation of men and women, women as second class citizens with no rights over their children if they divorce. Marriage to children aged 8 upwards, stoning and crucifixion????? These just are not Western ways and were bred out of our societies a very long time ago. Do we want to degenerate into the societies many muslims have left behind them - because by bringing these beliefs and acceptances with them and expecting them to be integrated into our countries just isn't going to work. I suspect a lot of people are not going to want to integrate with people who believe these things.

Facebook is one of the few places people can have their say of what they actually think. People vary, its how humanity has survived and their opinions may not be politically correct but they are valid. Just because someone is not verbally adept, doesn't mean their views should be ignored. However I do wonder how a terrorist managed to take his damn passport on a little slaughter spree? Passports also played an important role in supposedly identifying people involved in 9/11 and my compass points to another country outside Europe with heavily vested interest in Islamic terrorism. again a culture very anti westerners and western values but happy to live off them.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I suspect a lot of people are not going to want to integrate with people who believe these things.

You suspect correctly. So if the people who reject those ideas far, far, far outnumber those who support them...

edit on 11/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Is that your assumption then? The moderates far, far outnumber the extremists? How do you explain the success of ISIS, the Taliban? The extremist preachers living in places in Europe that preach Shariah law, where do they find followers?

"Moderate" Muslims that stand by, and tacitly excuse extremists, are creating a place for terrorists to hide. If there's ten extremists for every thousand Muslims, then that's an absolutely massive problem. One suicide bomber in a packed room can kill and maim a dozen people.

We already have our own psychos in western society, why should we import and subsidize more?
edit on 17-11-2015 by hammanderr because: Wording

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

Is that your assumption then? The moderates far, far outnumber the extremists?

No. It is my knowledge that we far, far, far outnumber the extremists.

How do you explain the success of ISIS, the Taliban?
A climate of political instability and unrest in the middle east. Something, which if you want to be perfectly honest about, "we" have had something to do with. Is it our fault? No, not entirely. But we have certainly played a part in it. Maybe Saddam and Momar understood it better than we ever will. Not to say that they were the good guys.

The extremist preachers living in places in Europe that preach Shariah law, where do they find followers?
In people who feel ostracized.

But you seem to have changed the subject.
You said this:

I suspect a lot of people are not going to want to integrate with people who believe these things.
And I agreed.

You also said this:

Do we want to degenerate into the societies many muslims have left behind them
And I say that will not happen. Unless of course, we let fear lead us to their ways of doing things. But most of us have gone past that.

edit on 11/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join