It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Tells Cops They Can't Search His Home Without A Warrant, Cops Kick His Door Down & Kill Him

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Damn, I'm good.

The deputy forced entry and attacked the man because he stuck his foot in the door trying to stop Livingston from shutting the door.

When Livingston pulled the door shut on his shoe, he attacked him.

However, the deputy putting his foot inside the door without warrant, probable cause, exigence, or hot pursuit is a home invasion, forced entry legally. He can't cross the plane of the door, especially when told to leave.

We'll now see if the DA has any cojones, or if the cop union has bought him off. If the cop attacked and forced entry after HE violated the man's home then it's felony murder, if the DA has any balls at all.

Leaving much of the story out? Reasonable suspicion - a car matching the suspects (the one they were search for) is hiding behind the residence. That's probably cause/reasonable suspicion. Why would even try to hide that so dishonestly?

You left out a pretty big detail from your story - enough of a detail to have reasonable suspicion that the guy was lying.
And to go further...the officers statement say the deceased was using his own taser on him WHILE he was shooting in self defense.

Finally, the cop is so confident in his story that he goes on to say that he thinks someone in the house recorded it on his cell phone. Why would he claim there is video proof if he has something to hide, and, if there is video proof, why is someone in the house hiding it?

wbtw.com... y-with-stun-gun-before-being-killed-documents-say/

The part that makes me the most mad isn't that you so dishonestly ignored other facts (which are just as credible as the foot in the door statement), it's that these losers in this house and the area are acting as if this guy is some saint and possibly hiding evidence that could clear up the story.

I guarantee that if the video showed that the cop as out of line and the guy was innocent that this video would be on every single channel. It's not. What does that say? Either it doesn't exist, or it completely verifies the cops story and everyone else becomes liars.
edit on 18-11-2015 by stolencar18 because: more

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

Biased much?

Like my previous post said...You guys are harping on the door issue and completely ignoring the fact that the cop saw the car behind the house, has reasonable cause, and was being tased by the guy, who's friends inside MAY be hiding video evidence of it.

I'm not saying the cop is 100% innocent, but I am saying this sure adds a whole new side to the OP.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I looked around this morning for new information in this case and really didn't find any new details other then a little more info about the cops involved. It seems they are only releasing the name of 1 officer and are keeping the other officers identity concealed. This tells me that the actions of this particular officer are what are in question at this point and perhaps they are trying to shield the other officer from the fallout that the cop ,who most of us believe acted unlawfully based on the info we have, is not being protected by releasing his name...hmmm?

From what I read the cop who broke down the door and shot Livington was a new officer hired in 2013, he graduated #1 in his police academy training and excelled in physical fitness challenges, he was known as a "winner" and high achiever. He was a big man in very good shape as opposed to Livington who appears to be a small framed man based on looking at his pictures. The picture this conjures in my mind is an " All American " boy, used to winning, being told NO by a "scrappy" little man who asserted his "rights" and this cop became enraged at the thought of "losing" and retreating to follow proper procedure, which would have required WAITING to either get a search warrant and/or approval to put the home under surveillance until a warrant could be attained. If the suspect WAS really inside, there was no way he was gonna get out of that small trailer unseen, no one was is in danger at this point.

We had a retired cop give some good insight in this thread on how he has seen law enforcement change over the years, in his opinion because the new cops being hired are the products of a morally bankrupt society in general, he also mentioned violent video games, which I thought was interesting.....but anyways, I would like to think the senior commanding officers sure wish this "ya-hoo" would have reached out for further instructions once the voluntary search was denied by Livington, and that behind closed doors,at least, is feeling the heat from his commanding officers and peers.....

They say this investigation will take about a week before more details are released....I'll be paying attention and hope Justice is done.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
I looked around this morning for new information in this case and really didn't find any new details other then a little more info about the cops involved. It seems they are only releasing the name of 1 officer and are keeping the other officers identity concealed. This tells me that the actions of this particular officer are what are in question at this point and perhaps they are trying to shield the other officer from the fallout that the cop ,who most of us believe acted unlawfully based on the info we have, is not being protected by releasing his name...hmmm?

From what I read the cop who broke down the door and shot Livington was a new officer hired in 2013, he graduated #1 in his police academy training and excelled in physical fitness challenges, he was known as a "winner" and high achiever. He was a big man in very good shape as opposed to Livington who appears to be a small framed man based on looking at his pictures. The picture this conjures in my mind is an " All American " boy, used to winning, being told NO by a "scrappy" little man who asserted his "rights" and this cop became enraged at the thought of "losing" and retreating to follow proper procedure, which would have required WAITING to either get a search warrant and/or approval to put the home under surveillance until a warrant could be attained. If the suspect WAS really inside, there was no way he was gonna get out of that small trailer unseen, no one was is in danger at this point.

We had a retired cop give some good insight in this thread on how he has seen law enforcement change over the years, in his opinion because the new cops being hired are the products of a morally bankrupt society in general, he also mentioned violent video games, which I thought was interesting.....but anyways, I would like to think the senior commanding officers sure wish this "ya-hoo" would have reached out for further instructions once the voluntary search was denied by Livington, and that behind closed doors,at least, is feeling the heat from his commanding officers and peers.....

They say this investigation will take about a week before more details are released....I'll be paying attention and hope Justice is done.

Look harder. More information is there.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness
a reply to: infolurker
Hopefully this gets some national attention. #AllLivesMatter

Unfortunately it won't, white cop shoots white guy, it ain't gonna happen. Now what might happen, with no warrant, the DOJ gets involved, and creates a grand jury, and these two asshats are indicted for murder. Which is what should happen.

Should, yes, but don't be surprised when they find no wrongdoing on the grounds that the guy was not cooperating, resisting and was acting threatening. No doubt they will also magically find drugs and a cache of unregistered weapons on the property as well. Case closed.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

Wow. Could you possibly create a more contrived, self-serving piece of creative writing, 100 % fiction ?

We're supposed to at least have a passing interest in the facts and background, lol.
edit on 18-11-2015 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: moniker
'Combative' is the loose term that law enforcement likes to use that pretty much gives them legal justification for their actions, including murder. At least in an area where 'bubba law' rules and the actual facts are inconvenient to the judge and prosecutor.

Hopefully justice will prevail, but I seriously doubt it.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

You use the word murder. There was no murder, at least not supported by the facts...YET. There was a killing. A killing that at this point has not resulted in charges. It may, but it hasn't.

Killings aren't necessarily murders. Just because you choose to pre-judge the guy doesn't mean you're right.

Facts--They forced entry into a home started beating and tasing a guy, dragged him outside and while he was laying on the ground they shot him multiple times. They were the aggressors that's clear they violated his constitutional rights and killed him.

It is murder. They are murderers.

You know, I'll catch hell for this, but at some point we have to wonder if we're unfairly discriminating against law enforcement. There's sexism, racism, etc. Not sure what you'd call this, but for decades people have painted cops with a bad brush even though the vast majority are great people.

Police or Hells angels they both wear things that identify them. Not all are bad but they have reputations.

Claiming discrimination against gang members that seems stupid.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Leaving much of the story out? Reasonable suspicion - a car matching the suspects (the one they were search for) is hiding behind the residence. That's probably cause/reasonable suspicion. Why would even try to hide that so dishonestly?

woooooooops........hate it when that happens.

Calling Bedlam & Object Zero....come out of hiding !

I'm sure they'll be back after regrouping. Armed with something like "Lies all lies !!".

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Abysha

I'm guessing there won't be any rioting in North Carolina? Why not? This isn't a vague racist remark. This is a serious question. WHY NOT?!

Why are white communities so docile when it comes to allowing themselves to be abused? I always hear of how black communities are "bad" because they react to injustices but that's how it should be. When police do this, it needs to cost the city money. Every time. Eventually, the folks in charge will realize that it's far more cost-effective to promote better training and stricter punishment for cops than to defend them in court all the time.

White folks don't riot, we vote, we contact our representatives in congress, we write letters to the local paper. There may be more than a few that will do more, but most of us are working and trying to make a living and pay the bills.

White folk caused two of the biggest "riots" in American history one called the war of independence and the other the civil war

Oh, please remind me again - what are you guys over there celebrating Thanksgiving for?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: stolencar18

You use the word murder. There was no murder, at least not supported by the facts...YET. There was a killing. A killing that at this point has not resulted in charges. It may, but it hasn't.

Killings aren't necessarily murders. Just because you choose to pre-judge the guy doesn't mean you're right.

Facts--They forced entry into a home started beating and tasing a guy, dragged him outside and while he was laying on the ground they shot him multiple times. They were the aggressors that's clear they violated his constitutional rights and killed him.

It is murder. They are murderers.

You know, I'll catch hell for this, but at some point we have to wonder if we're unfairly discriminating against law enforcement. There's sexism, racism, etc. Not sure what you'd call this, but for decades people have painted cops with a bad brush even though the vast majority are great people.

Police or Hells angels they both wear things that identify them. Not all are bad but they have reputations.

Claiming discrimination against gang members that seems stupid.

You have no verified facts at this point. You do have plenty of personal, private, customized facts though, we see that.

This is why you aren't the jury & judge. They will have to abide by the actual facts that are assembled and presented.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

a reply to: stevieray

Well, murder hasn't been established reasonably or intelligently in this case or the lady cop's case.

Busting into someone's home and then killing them would be murder.

I actually remember yelling at the cops when I was in college, when they were doing their job. And then I grew up, grew my vision and responsibility to more than just my selfish stances.

Interesting.

Well, whatever like I said there are many types. It is hard for me to relate to your story though, mostly because I spent so many years as a soldier before I went to college. Selfish stances were not tolerated on the path I took.

When I was 20, I had selfish stances. Now at 55, after 22 years in the AF and the same # with a family....not so much.

This hate-cops excuse-criminals stance......is indeed a selfish one. It makes society less safe, and helps to make it a mess.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If you feel that before talking about this issue should be left until the police liars report comes out then I don't know why you keep spamming.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: moniker
'Combative' is the loose term that law enforcement likes to use that pretty much gives them legal justification for their actions, including murder. At least in an area where 'bubba law' rules and the actual facts are inconvenient to the judge and prosecutor.

Hopefully justice will prevail, but I seriously doubt it.

Well, other than when a suspect or random jackass is indeed combative, causing trouble or suspicion.

Are you suggesting that nobody's ever actually "combative" when the police say they were ?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

If you feel that before talking about this issue should be left until the police liars report comes out then I don't know why you keep spamming.

haha, "police liars report". You just can't help yourself.

You're supposed to NOT make yourself look ridiculous and unbelievable.

Thank me very much.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
An alarming indication of the thoughtlessness and hostility of our police and saddening if true. Unfortunatley he can't be brought back. A man lived right and had some kids and now he's gone. His children will be without their father. Later they'll ask what happend. Killed by cops.

EDIT: If the cops are somhow in the right then please forgive my reply. I'm not a cop hater. I have utmost respect for a law abiding cop.
edit on 11/18/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

When I was 20, I had selfish stances. Now at 55, after 22 years in the AF and the same # with a family....not so much.

Going to college before joining the service definitely has its benefits. Whoop de do.

This hate-cops excuse-criminals stance......is indeed a selfish one. It makes society less safe, and helps to make it a mess.

When cops act like criminals they become the worst type of criminals. Society is less safe because of them.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The person's car parked near a house is "probable cause" for a search without warrant? The suspecting running into the house might be.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Going to college before joining the service definitely has its benefits. Whoop de do.

When cops act like criminals they become the worst type of criminals. Society is less safe because of them.

"When" being a very important qualifier. It's not "when" until a jury & judge say so. And if they don't......."liars" too, I'm sure.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join