It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets assume reality is a projection of our coinciousness.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat
Im not really asking about how it will make it improve, just asking in general what changes would happen, how would we function differently with knowing our thought affects reality? Then mostly discussing the way it would actually work.

Oh, in that case, 'thought' does not 'affect' Reality' in the least!
'Thought' is a feature of Reality!
We perceive 'thought' just as we perceive the moon and a drink of water!
All that you ever perceive is Reality!
Reality is ALL inclusive!
'Thought' doesn't 'change' Reality, thought IS Reality!

There is One (unchanging, ALL inclusive) Universal Reality, that we perceive uniquely every unique moment of existence!
It is imagination/ego, and the vain and insane 'belief' therein, where we imagine that we have free-will and choice, that we can 'change' the Universe, usually based on our personal comfort!
Magic does work, in the imagination/ego.
And even then, you do not manufacture 'imagination/thought', you perceive it.
If you imagine a unicorn, that means that unicorn exists, already, as 'thought', and you just happened, like a telescope, to be pointed at it! *__-
edit on 16-11-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Sorry I missed the connection to that process in your last post.

But how do you experience those realities, like we do this one. We LIVE this one, but only FEEL or THINk the other.

I'm more talking PHYSICAL reality change and not interpersonal.

FYI to all, I only capitalise to draw attention to, or make clear for better understanding. Im not trying to get physical here. Hahaha

edit on 16-11-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

But how do you experience those realities, like we do this one. We LIVE this one, but only FEEL or THINk the other.

FYI to all, I only capitalise to draw attention to, or make clear for better understanding. Im not trying to get physical here. Hahaha

Knowledge = experience.
I live the Reality I describe.
Sometimes you have to understand that something exists before you can see it.

"You don't need to take drugs to hallucinate; improper language can fill your world with phantoms and spooks of many kinds."
-Robert A. Wilson

Again, we do not 'create' or 'change' reality, we perceive it.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Knowledge = experience.

"You don't need to take drugs to hallucinate; improper language can fill your world with phantoms and spooks of many kinds."
-Robert A. Wilson

Again I'm talking physical reality change, not mental individual change.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Knowledge = experience.

-Robert A. Wilson

Again I'm talking physical reality change, not mental individual change.

So am I.
No 'reality' 'changes'! No moment has ever been 'otherwise'!

You mean like levitating a rock with the 'Power of Thought/Will' (tm)?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I just watched an old movie this past weekend "Sphere" from the book by Michael Critchon which was directly about this subject phsycial manafestation of thoughts.

Buddhists believe that the state and content of mind that you take with you into death determines (largely) what realm you will be born into (realm meaning the default operation and content of mind).

buddhism.about.com...

Wonderful motivation to improve mental hygiene. The only thing you take with you is your state of mind.

I think more generally it's about 'seeing' or 'experiencing' what you 'expect' to experience. Past experience builds up to these 'expectations' and without working on an open mind you can miss much.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

a reply to: booyakasha

The thought I have always struggled with is, how does one choose another reality over this one?

I think there are two ways. One being death. The other is what people call humanities ascension. Basically when 51% of people expand their consciousness to understand and experience that we are living in a consciously constructed non physical universe, our reality will turn similar to a lucid dream. In a lucid dream you can check in and out of that reality by a thought.

Since time doesn't exist it would be like pausing this reality, meditating to another reality, spending time there, then coming back to this reality like no time has passed.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

With all these theories relating to conciousness, e.g.
"It only exists if it is observed/measured."
"Reality is a projection of our coinciousness."
"Your mind creates/governs reality."
And "Our thoughts manipulate the material world."

If we somehow proved this without a doubt, what would that mean for us?

Would the world suddenly change?
Would everyone get sucked into their own realities at that point?

And if not a complete change, what would be the possible ways to utilize this new found information?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this was true, people are going to try to use it. There are a lot of ways this could go, and lots of ramifications along with it. I'm going to share more of my own opinions on the matter as the topic moves along, because there is a lot to discuss here.

this is just a concept on paper...how to go about achieving it is the trick. I guess the first step would be to remove the current built in programming that we all have. Grasping (with understanding) the building blocks of perceived reality is the key to taking control of creation.

So I guess we're safe here. The reality will stand. The programme is safe. For now.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

this is just a concept on paper...how to go about achieving it is the trick. I guess the first step would be to remove the current built in programming that we all have. Grasping (with understanding) the building blocks of perceived reality is the key to taking control of creation.

So I guess we're safe here. The reality will stand. The programme is safe. For now.

I have to disagree with you here. What you 'perceive' as reality is often a fantasy born of your own habitual conditioning.

An example will help - Someone cuts you off on the freeway. A simple physical fact - right? No - because you call it being cut off doesn't mean another in the same physical circumstance will have the same 'perception' of the event. Another may interpret the event as a sign of divine protection. Then the imaginary and very internal events begin, the story and self-talk that may lead to further action on our part. "They are idiots" "Why does this always happen to me" "Women drivers" I'm gonna teach them a thing or two" (wherein you proceed to drive recklessly yourself so as to 'get back' at them. On and on it can go from one simple - yet frightening event.

That - is the space that you can change YOUR world not THE world. And I find traffic (live in LA - lol) the perfect place to practise. When I catch myself angry with another driving I remind myself 1) it's not personal 2) I'm grateful the 'big bad' I imaged didn't happen 3) wish them well.

When you are mad at your mother or other family member, rarely are they doing it on purpose - they are trying to be happy and doing what they think will do that for them - just like you.

When your boss catches a mistake you made - don't make excuses or justifications, just apologize and ask how you can fix it (they tend to believe you are taking responsibility when you really aren't in fact responsible - i.e. "I'm sorry this happened.... - cuts off angry tirades every time and makes your day better and less angry.)

It's by doing these little things every moment of every day that you build up a worldview and co-create with others and the divine. And the key is that - you can only change your perception not anyone else's.

I don't watch horror films because I believe this and don't want those types of pictures floating about my 'headspace'. But then again, I don't flinch from reports and photos of real horrors because they help me build compassion and gratitude.

There isn't a magic wand.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

this flew right above my head.

You said you disagree...but I didn't understand what you disagree with.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I don't think that a person can change reality through sheer force of will (such as telepathy or telekinesis). I do, however, think it might be possible to influence the possibility waves that we as thinking/perceiving beings are constantly churning up.

I think of it like this, I can be constantly thinking of, or hoping for, a chance encounter or event that will allow me to help others and thus allow my soul/spirit/a consciousness to grow and evolve. Chances are, I will more readily notice those opportunities when the begin to arise, rather than after they have come and gone.

Kind of like driving a jet ski: you're in the lake making all these waves of your own, and you're looking for a big wave or (or wake from another) to jump. You're both influencing and perceiving the (literal) possibility waves rather than just driving around with your head down getting sloshed all over the place.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

this flew right above my head.

You said you disagree...but I didn't understand what you disagree with.

This would be the quote from you that I disagree with:

"So I guess we're safe here. The reality will stand. The programme is safe. For now."

More specifically: "The reality will stand."

It will stand only if the collective we acquiesce to the status quo and don't acknowledge our ability to effect change within ourselves which utimately will change 'reality'.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I would like elaboration on what you guys think about the fact that THIS reality is the one that we were ALL born into. Only later in this reality can we even begin to talk about living/creating in another.

It seems like some are saying this one is no more special than a reality you would have to make up in your head to visit. (Which is different from a physical reality swap.) Yet we all start here.

Basically the questions I'm asking now is:

Why is the reality we share so dominant?

In my opinion, because we have emotional ties, as well as physical responsibilities we have to adhere to. They keep us tied to this reality, BUT this would not explain why everyone is put here in the first place.

If the only way to change realities is through a mental individual state, then that individual is not changing reality, as we see it, share it, live it. They are merely delusional in this reality while they have fun in their heads. That, to me, is a selfish safe haven. Not the correct way to go about it. You are avoiding all emotional ties and other responsibilities at that point.

Is the price you pay to change realities your sanity?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

It will stand only if the collective we acquiesce to the status quo and don't acknowledge our ability to effect change within ourselves which utimately will change 'reality'.

therefore...it will stand. There is no realistic reason to hope for otherwise. Just stand up and look around you.

A few individuals vs overwhelming majority. It would take an intervention from God...and that's on the far side of possibility spectrum.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'd say it would balance everyone on an even playing field, and people would be able to live and achieve exactly what they wanted to, as long as it didn't directly obstruct what others wished for themselves. I believe good intention would outweigh bad intention on this playing field, as to assure what I said in my first point. This seems the most logical to me, since good energy lifts everyone up while bad energy is mainly based on greed, keeping others down

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Apologize for the length and hope I'm sticking to topic.

I'll go one step further and throw this out there. The physical "reality" is not reality at all. It is an illusion of the physical body, that our souls choose to experience. Our brains and our minds are two very different things.
If a person was extremely in tune with their own soul and God and their frequency was vibrating on a high enough level, it is possible for that person to create reality in terms of physics around them. Even so thoroughly as to walk on water or maybe even change its chemesry to wine.
My only explanation for why people do not utilize this ability or acheive this level of enlightenment very often is because we have become a very patriarchal, materialistic and scientific people. We want irrufutable tangable evidence and unfortunately with subjects such as life, existence, consciousness and universe, there simply is no black and white answer.
I personally believe that in the past, humans were much closer to the truth of our being than we are now. An example would be the ancient Egyptians. We really know very little about their world, but it seems the more we discover, the more it seems like they may have had a much more advanced society than our own. This makes sense considering their civilization lasted thousands of years and ours seems to be crumbling after only 239 official years.
No. They did not have technology as we know it today, I pads and phones and such. Their technology was more in balance with nature. It was a different kind of technology that we can't even begin to grasp because we've become so out of sink with nature and so convinced by the illusion.
Back then it was matriarchal society. Emphasis was put on balance of mind, body and SOUL. Values and perceptions have drastically changed and been suppressed due to dogma.
I can only tell you what I know to be true in my own heart and I am by no means enlightened to any degree where I can manipulate reality. These truths have been revealed to me, I believe, by God and they have been life changing.
These bodies are not us. They are more like vehicles for our souls to get to certain places of truth and growth. While we're "here" experiencing physical life, we think there is nothing else because the focus on the physical senses is very strong. The truth is though, that we are very much multidimensional beings.
There is no time on the other side and space is easily manipulated. Because there is no such thing as time we are always there even as we are born, age and die here. We're not taught this. We're taught time and space are fixed. So like energy is known to do, our souls exist in more than one place at a time.
I believe it is our main purpose to connect to our higher selves and higher beings in order to achieve whatever it is our souls had in mind for this incarnation. There is a small voice in the back of our minds that tells is whether something is right or wrong for us, and that is God, but in the greater sceme of things, there is no good or evil. On that side it is known that everything happens for a reason and that this is not real.
Is there a hell to this other side? Yes, but not in terms of good and evil. Some people do slip into a state of chaos, confusion and fear which, I guess, could be considered hell, but it is very easy to get out of when you remember that it is all very natural and God is with you. When I succomed to this state once I began to pray to Jesus and was immediately brought back to a state of peace.
For the most part the other side is a lot like a dream. In fact, though I do believe that MOST dreams are caused by brain function, some are something else entirely. Some allow you to visit this other side. I'm not sure of the purpose... Prophetic dreams are common, but the others maybe just that because your physical senses are turned off when your asleep that you are able to exist there.
Another time a person may experience this other realm is during a near death experience which are well documented.
I realize this is not a complete theology. As I get older my beliefs evolve and I allow that, because its smarter to let go of things that no longer make sense. But understand that we are not our bodies and thinking we are is what limits us.
Always open to opinions and discussion.
Thank you
Sara
edit on 24-11-2015 by NaughtyLibrarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hello ,

I have been reading the topics on a forum for a long time now and I do agree with you that reality is just an illusion created by our mind. I had been diagnosed with mild psychosis last year and stopped smoking marijuana after that. I tend to do a lot of negative thinking. Recently I was under a lot of stress due to coursework submissions for my masters course, I ended up smoking a joint of Friday evening. I usually like to play Dota 2 ( a moba game on steam). As usual I find a game but to my surprise its an exact game I played sometime before like deja-vu , I even died the same way or made the same plays as before. I couldn't shake this feeling that I'm being watched. When I enter my accommodation I see the same two people I saw like a week back wearing the same clothes and doing the same thing with his hand. I felt it was some sign from "whatever" or a glitch in the matrix. I try to change my thoughts to better ones but it doesn't seem to help.

I don't know what to do and feel very depressed most of the time. Any advice would be helpful thanks. I could not create a new topic as this is my first post. I'm not the kind of person who would ask my friends for advice as I know they would just tell me don't worry about it it's nothing.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

If we somehow proved this without a doubt

Whats there to prove? The mere act of being on here discussing tha nature of reality, changes reality

Would the world suddenly change

Why would the world change "from" to? The world is in constant change.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

Do we all need body cams?

Interesting conumdrum
Would her camera record something different than yours ( her projection would imprint on her camera)
Would her reviewing your recording change your recording in her mind and only in her mind and not yours,
or would it imprint in her mind differently?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

You receive only as much as you put into it. Like a good conversation with the universe

"reality" and I hate using the word (reality) can be bent to your will

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join