It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets assume reality is a projection of our coinciousness.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
With all these theories relating to conciousness, e.g.
"It only exists if it is observed/measured."
"Reality is a projection of our coinciousness."
"Your mind creates/governs reality."
And "Our thoughts manipulate the material world."

If we somehow proved this without a doubt, what would that mean for us?

Would the world suddenly change?
Would everyone get sucked into their own realities at that point?

And if not a complete change, what would be the possible ways to utilize this new found information?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this was true, people are going to try to use it. There are a lot of ways this could go, and lots of ramifications along with it. I'm going to share more of my own opinions on the matter as the topic moves along, because there is a lot to discuss here.
edit on 16-11-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat
Thanks for making my head hurt.
Doesn't OUR (personnel) thought create our own reality?
Sorry if the contemplation of this question (which most probably caused you're brain to hurt) made you create the OP.
I try not to think about it

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader
Thats actually one of the first things I questioned.

Do WE create OUR one universe?
Or do we (individually) create our own individual universes?

Personally I believe if this was proven. The outcome would be our collective consciousness, creates the reality that we all share.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Reality is a projection of our coinciousness.

I believe all of those things. The only place reality exists is within a mind, so yes it's all consciousness. JMO

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Ok D.C.
You're making my head hurt again.
Last weekend my wife and I drove the 35 minutes to New Orleans to get a bite and have some fun.

We were Uptown and had just seen, well, one of the stranger things you would see in New Orleans on any given day.
And believe you me, it was up there in the strange department.

As usual, we didn't talk about it until we got home later that night because if we talked about everything we saw on a trip to N.O., nothing would get done.

I brought up the situation that had grabbed our attention and she remmembered it COMPLETLEY differently than I did.
(It involved a guy dressed up as Randy The Macho Man Savage and a Beagle, not that strange in N.O.)

Time of day.
Weather.
Colors.
Part of town. (I know I got that right)
We disagreed on everything but the part of town.

Point is it was SO strange we should have both remembered it exactly the same.

Am I nuts? Is she nuts? (I'll go with the later)
I suppose we all perceive things differently.
Do we all need body cams?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

I get the point, that we can precieve things differently from person to person. (Never ran into a case like yours though that was so drastic it was pretty much a different event.) Maybe so much happened that one of you is taking information from a different event that happened.

Anyway, I think it is likely that we can PRECIEVE the SAME reality, in a different way.

It's all about how look at it, your prevalent thought process actually has an effect on your emotional state. Which, according to the theory we are (for the sake of conversation) saying is true, this would ultimately create a different preception of reality than someone else in the same reality.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I do think it's something to deeply reflect on, even if it does make our heads hurt or people snicker.

We tell stories in TV or in movies or in books or on the web and the stories become a part of a cultural narrative to some degree. They communicate a message to our collective consciousness which has to react or respond in some way, right? I mean, it's all just communication...something is said and there is a reply.

Only this is on a much larger scale.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Trying to understand what exactly you mean, so sorry if my reply isnt fitting.

Are you suggesting that part of our imaginations, stories, whatever you will. Helps shapes the reality we live?

Sort of like our thoughts are the message, and reality is the reply?

I would really love this. You receive only as much as you put into it. Like a good conversation with the universe. Hahaha

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The real question is how far down you see.

And what's the equation.

The curve and how far down it you see.

Applied physics.

The razors edge.

We may all see it but how far down...

It's sweet music.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Treespeaker

We may set limitations that reflect in our reality. Like limiting what we believe can hinder how far we let the reality flourish.

If the whole world believes that we cannot fly.. then we cannot. (Extream example.)

But if an individual believes they can fly.. we all know that will still not happen. That is why I believe the collective consciousness would create collective reality. Not individually.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Yes.

We're all helping to manifest this Dystopia. IMHO.

Person A has a fear or issue or story. He deals with it by creating a narrtive that he shares - a movie, a TV show, a book, a conversation in a bar, a discussion on a forum board. X number of others hear the tale and it's now in their consciousness. It begins subtly impacting them, working it's way into their thoughts, which they then deal with by sharing. Are they just telling tales passively or are they actively imitating it? How far does it spread? How real does it get?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Awesome.

It's hards to say forsure, but it's definitely a thought I personally havent gave attention to before hearing it from you.

I would say it takes more than millions, based on religion and the number of followers. It would take a LARGE following to change physical reality through conscious means.

Thats not to say a small following cant make very small steps at a time towards that goal though. It may keep getting recycled in reality, until it can grow into full reality.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
My girlfriend brought up a good point which is this:

She personally notices small things like: be in a good mood and good things usually happen that day.

In this sense, we could come to the conclusion of something I would call a "reality radius". It's unique to the individual experiancing in it on a micro scale compared ro the macro global.

Maybe the extent that we control reality is limited, rather than limitless. ( as the topic would at first glace suggest.)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat

And if not a complete change, what would be the possible ways to utilize this new found information?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this was true, people are going to try to use it. There are a lot of ways this could go, and lots of ramifications along with it. I'm going to share more of my own opinions on the matter as the topic moves along, because there is a lot to discuss here.

People would be afraid to think.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Supposedly we already are in our own personal reality. Every choice you can possibly make exists for every person ever, it is your consciousness that is choosing what reality to experience.

This choice of reality happens more on a subconscious level than conscious. However through meditation and/or certain plant helpers you supposedly can lower your brainwaves to expand past your physical body to the point of feeling the physical environment with your mind.

The physical environment is actually part of your mind you are just expanding your own awareness of your mind to feel more of it. This is why things like telekinesis or telepathy are possible. With an expanded state of awareness you are picking up on more thoughts and feelings from the one mind. If you've ever taken any hallucinogens you might have felt yourself melting into the couch or chair, or feeling the wind blow from 10 feet around you, or feeling the grass grow from beneath you, this is your consciousness expanding feeling itself as part of the one consciousness.

Supposedly humanities collective belief system is the one mind. So our collective belief system is what is limiting us from doing things like walking throughout walls or flying...

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

The last paragraph is what I stated a few posts up. It seems like there could be the possibility of both micro (individuals.), and macro (Global.) ramifications.

The thought I have always struggled with is, how does one choose another reality over this one?

My answer has always been to ignore this one. Completely check out. But then you would be just a lifeless body in this reality.

Other than purposely checking out mentally, the only other answer I have found is death.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

Maybe not, like I said in a previous post, this ability to have an affect on reality is more than likely more limited than limitless.

It's likely we can have an affect on small things such as how our day turns out, and at the largest scale, possibly telepathy, and "magic" of that sort. Maybe make small instance happen like meeting a meaningful person, making something good (or bad) actually come to life. But nothing too drastic.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

You are asking how understanding of the way that Reality 'functions' can 'change/improve' our lives?
Can understanding internal combustion 'change/improve' your relationship with cars?

What you are asking, essentially, is how is existence different for the Enlightened unconditional Lover, then for the miserable 'self' of the ego/imagination that is isolated from the rest of the Universe by the very dualistic nature of the 'thought' in which he exists!
There are many 'selves', there is only One Omni- unchanging, ALL inclusive Universal 'Self!'!

The egoic/imaginary 'self' enjoys (experiences) ALL 'limitations' (that only exist in the imagination); 'life' and 'death' and 'time' and 'space'...
Those Who are Universal enjoy no such 'limitations'.
That's one (egoic) distinction.
If that was your question. *__-

edit on 16-11-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

(post by youcannotwin removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

You are asking how understanding of the way that Reality 'functions' can 'change/improve' our lives?
Can understanding internal combustion 'change/improve' your relationship with cars?

What you are asking, essentially, is how is existence different for the Enlightened unconditional Lover, then for the miserable 'self' of the ego/imagination that is isolated from the rest of the Universe by the very dualistic nature of the 'thought' in which he exists!
There are many 'selves', there is only One Omni- unchanging, ALL inclusive Universal 'Self!'!

The egoic/imaginary 'self' enjoys (experiences) ALL 'limitations' (that only exist in the imagination); 'life' and 'death' and 'time' and 'space'...
Those Who are Universal enjoy no such 'limitations'.
That's one (egoic) distinction.
If that was your question. *__-

Im not really asking about how it will make it improve, just asking in general what changes would happen, how would we function differently with knowing our thought affects reality? Then mostly discussing the way it would actually work.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join