It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another thread about Islam. But with a question, not a statement.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
a reply to: network dude

you mean Middle Eastern Warlord Aetheists ?

MEWA. I think you coined the next Arabic extremists once the public gets tired of ISIS. I wish that was funny.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

It's that Friday sermon. Which, in Muslim-ruled countries, is usually broadcast to the whole neighbourhood on outdoor loudspeakers.

I remember a particular mosque one Friday afternoon in Dibbah, Oman. An angry preacher and a surly, growling crowd. As an obvious infidel I feared for my own safety as I walked past.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It sounds as if they get their info at home... and then find counsel at the mosque.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I asked a similar question last night in the "History-Islam..." thread.

Is extremist/Terrorist/radical/ Islam not a LEARNED behavior? If so, where is it being taught? Where is a kid taught that that strapping on explosives and blowing up a crowd of people is acceptable behavior?

They have to be learning this from SOMEONE, and if it keeps happening, there is a pretty high probability that they could cause Islam's demise. Who is encouraging this behavior?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien

finsbury park is one of the known ones,but almost every mosque has a preacher of hate,but i guess i'll get abuse even though its fact

This is no more true than saying that every church has a preacher of hate or every synagogue has a preacher of hate.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

They worship in Mosques. Often next to the "moderate" Muslims but still where hate is often preached. Sometimes by the Iman and sometimes by the people. We are often not permitted into Mosques and in my book, when people don't want you to hear what they say...they are saying something you don't want to hear. But for that matter...Obama's preacher Jeremiah Wright is probably a good example of what is talked about in Mosques.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: stuthealien

finsbury park is one of the known ones,but almost every mosque has a preacher of hate,but i guess i'll get abuse even though its fact

This is no more true than saying that every church has a preacher of hate or every synagogue has a preacher of hate.

Problem is that muslim's hate becomes action way easier as proved lately
.... maybe becouse their faith is the most barbaric of all? still reminding of Dark Ages.
When was the last time you've heard of similar organized christian atrocities?

Remind me what is the penalty for apostasy in Christianity and Judaism? ......Right

Now please remind me what is the penalty for apostasy in Islam?....

Remind me now of various religious ideas that build their societies upon, womens abuse, gay rights, religious intolerance, child brides, glorifying jihad, intense bigotry and xenophobia of the west etc

Now which sounds more violent, and possible instigator of violence, terrorism etc?... You guessed right.

PS, Honestly, I would never imagine an atheist defending the worst roots of religious fanaticism...

I can't understand the liberal's fascination with Islam either, since there is nothing liberal tolerated by Islam.
Truth is, you wouldn't be able to express your atheist/agnostic ideas, if you were born in a muslim society, and lets not talk about various rights and personal freedom there.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

You do realize that Islam has denominations with different beliefs and customs just like Christianity and Judaism, right? To pretend like ALL of Islam follows the same exact beliefs and interpretations of the Koran is ridiculous.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I am not disagreeing with that , you are right.
But isn't jihad a common expression among extremists of all interpretations of the Koran?
Isn't it shocking to see how the otherwise moderate and civilized muslims like the Turks
mocking the Dead and yelling ''jihad phrases'' during the moment of silence for the victims?

I never called all muslims terrorists, but I don't see how the supporters of jihad are a minority among muslims...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I am not disagreeing with that , you are right.
But isn't jihad a common expression among extremists of all interpretations of the Koran?

I dunno. I'm not one to arrogantly pretend I know everything about the religion without thoroughly researching it like you are.

Isn't it shocking to see how the otherwise moderate and civilized muslims like the Turks
mocking the Dead and yelling ''jihad phrases'' during the moment of silence for the victims?

Maybe, but dishonoring the dead isn't something unique to Muslims. I'm sure they were angry. Angry people say and do dumb things. Case in point. You are angry at Muslims.

I never called all muslims terrorists, but I don't see how the supporters of jihad are a minority among muslims...

You never called them that, but you are HIGHLY suggesting it. Got it.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Then, you grab your Koran, and read it with all of those things in mind and before long you seek out like-minded individuals that share your philosophy that all non-Muslims must convert or die because that it what you have taken away from your time with the TV, internet, Koran and your lack of education.

You hit the nail on the head Sublimecraft. I believe every step you stated is correct with the Koran being the straw that broke the camel's back. All a Muslim youngster has to do is read the Koran and follow the teachings of the Koran and he or she can become a self justified murderer. When your holy book teaches to kill maim and destroy all who do not accept Muhammad's teachings, which is the Koran, then that one is in trouble. That is the rule book and the covenant between the Muslim and God and is a matter of the Muslim's salvation. There would be no problem if the Muslims would contain this practice in their own set borders but the problem lays in that their borders are the entire world. They are not going to be satisfied till they have ruled the entire world with their Muhammadism. That ideology is no different than Nazism.

Solution? Breed out the old and breed in the new. Show the errors of murder and cruelty and teach the children otherwise. But first one would have to have control of the Source. I believe that this is a problem that will take generations to solve. No quick fix.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp
I think the place you are looking for is called a Madrasa. Google it up and a light will shine on you.
Madrasas are attended by adults as well as children.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If they choose to ignore the hate and kill verses in the Koran then good for them.

It would be kinda stupid to openly preach such in most places.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Thanks. I'll check it out.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Where do Radical Muslims worship? They must have separate mosques right? I mean, when you go to church/mosque/temple you are there to learn about your religion from a teacher. So where does the hate come in? Are there dark mosques and light ones? Some that preach hate, and some that preach love? Or is the message of Islam the same everywhere?

I realize that like the Westboro Baptist Church, there are groups like Nation of Islam that are perversions of religion and more of a laughing stock than a respectable group, but for these groups to form and increase in numbers, they must be taught this version of religion by someone.

I don’t know and am asking the members who might know. Share this knowledge so we can understand better. Please.

There are 2 religious practices in Islam. The Shia and Sunni Muslims. The Shia Muslims believe after Muhammad's death leadership should go to his cousin Ali bin Abu Talib. Shia Muslims do not recognized the authority of elected Muslim leaders. They choose to follow a line of Imams which they believe have been appointed by the Prophet Muhammad or God Himself. The word "Shia" in Arabic means a group or supportive party of people. The Sunni Muslims believe that a person who is capable of taking over should take over and that's how the Prophet Muhammad's close friend and advisor, Abu Bakr, became the first Caliph of the Islamic nation.

A Masjid is a House of Allah, these two religious practices can be held at the same place. Only differences is what I stated above and the way they pray.
edit on 28-11-2015 by TheAwoken666 because: spelling errors

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Maybe this is relevant.

The bitter events brought about by blind terrorism in France have once again, moved me to speak to you young people. For me, it is unfortunate that such incidents would have to create the framework for a conversation, however the truth is that if painful matters do not create the grounds for finding solutions and mutual consultation, then the damage caused will be multiplied....................................................
english.khamenei.ir...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join