It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris attacks: US states halt taking Syrian refugees

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix
Why just Syria? Why not every country that the US has effed over and might have a group that harbors ill will? Think of the numbers then!

lmao, the fear around here is getting thick enough to cut with a knife.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

All it takes is one major episode of "workplace violence" linked to the refugees, and this all blows up.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

I have no reason to fear. I live out where no one ever comes. We're more or less invisible.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I have to agree if you want to enter my country you show me all your paperwork or go home

I'd take it a step further, and demand that all non-citizens here be vetted as well. Criminal? Gone. Terrorist links? Gone. On welfare of any sort? Gone.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20039256]Martin75[/post

This seems like nothing more than political theater. Let's say the Governor of Indiana gets his way and his state no longer takes in refugees. How is that making his state safe? Is he going to check every vehicle that passes into/thru his state? Will the Indiana State Troopers ask people for their papers? Probably not. This is all for show and nothing else.

Unless Indiana plans on building a wall...and making KY pay for it...his tough talk is worthless. Someone from NYC who wants to shoot up Indianapolis can get into a car and drive there. No passport required. Heck, if the person doesn't speed, has an updated license plate and/or have a burned out light, they can get there without being stopped.

This is pretty dang ridiculous but I'm sure some will feel safer knowing their governor is refusing to allow refugees into their states. Good luck with that!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Geebus. Immigration and screening and taking in refugees is a federal thing. Always has been. But if the red states wanna start refusing refugees, let them. The refugees probably don't want to be there anyway. Who in need would?

And why are so many of you people are acting as if we allow them to just stroll right in. Maybe take a little time and do some research on what these people have to endure and go through to even get a spot in line and what background checks they have to pass.

And maybe, while you're at it, stop falling for the lies that they're all muscular military aged men too.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I see, so you are personally volunteering to take in a bunch of them?

It has been admitted by government officials that they have no sure way to vet them. So we don't know with any certainty who or what we are admitting from Syria.

Genuine refugees = OK

ISIS /= OK

If we cannot find a way to separate the two, then why would you want to let them in?

Let me guess ... you felt that quarantining those exposed to Ebola was beyond the pale too.

edit on 16-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I see, so you are personally volunteering to take in a bunch of them?

It has been admitted by government officials that they have no sure way to vet them. So we don't know with any certainty who or what we are admitting from Syria.

Genuine refugees = OK

ISIS /= OK

If we cannot find a way to separate the two, then why would you want to let them in?

No, I am not related or a friend or a charitable organization, which are the primary qualifying criteria.

I use logic to determine that the odds of ISIS members who are well-funded and connected would endure the trauma of what these refugees go through.

I use knowledge to research the process they have to go through to be admitted, which the people speaking out so loudly against this clearly have not.

I trust that those risk mitigation processes we have in place and the quality of law enforcement will significantly reduce the risk to citizens of the U.S. And I weigh that risk against the need and the miniscule numbers and come to the conclusion that the good karma pellets far outweigh the bad.

ETA: My family were refugees, and I am grateful to this country and its laws and people everyday for allowing us the chance. And even though many others of them called us Nazis, made fun of our accents, and worse, the good outweighed the bad. It always will.
edit on 11/16/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Cmon didn't anyone watch TROY. There is a ton of real estate out there that is not the US that money and resources can build into a refugee camp. Do we really want to roll the dice and invite a possible trojan horse into our midst?

if as Obama states we have a moral obligation then why the hell haven't we done anything for the skin and bones children in several African countries? Its all BS!

Obama is clearly attempting to get as many Muslims as he can into our country for whatever his agenda is. Nothing else makes sense for the POTUS.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I want to help, but I also know our opponents lie. They will use the refugees and your good will against you to gain admittance to this country to wreak havoc.

It happened in Paris. Do you really think it won't happen here? Do you think our open border policy won't come back to bite us?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I want to help, but I also know our opponents lie. They will use the refugees and your good will against you to gain admittance to this country to wreak havoc.

It happened in Paris. Do you really think it won't happen here? Do you think our open border policy won't come back to bite us?

We declared war. Wars don't conveniently stay within borders. Neither should they be allowed to strip us of our decency or humanity or turn us in to quivering cowards.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Oh god, it's laughable.

We've had mass immigration throughout the Western world since the end of WW2...damn it America is BUILT on mass immigration, it's an American idea!

This is the big happy, rainbow-coloured melting pot you've always wanted.

Muslims are everywhere, hiding in plain sight.

Good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

a reply to: superman2012

I have no reason to fear. I live out where no one ever comes. We're more or less invisible.

You may not be living in fear, but you sure are spreading it to anyone that will listen on here.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Are these the same govs that would not allow people from Africa into their states because of their fear of ebola? Afraid that allowing it would turn them all into oozing corpses?

edit on 11/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: Martin75

Every governor of every other state needs to follow suit, and also demand that full clearance paperwork be shown for all "refugees" that have already entered, upon pain of having them removed if there is no compliance. A close look at all non-citizens wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

It's surreal that our government wants to collect data on citizens, for no reason at all, claiming to do so in order to "prevent crime", but they don't want anyone having any data on non-citizens. One might start to wonder if there wasn't some plan in progress there...

If it weren't for your Avatar I would have sworn I wrote this.

How can they justify letting anyone in without going through the process of a security check, but demand Birth Certificates from the citizens that live and were born here? How can they demand the citizens take off their shoes and get x-rayed before boarding a plane, but will let people with no proof of who they are or where they came from?

Something is seriously wrong with this picture.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
Oh god, it's laughable.

We've had mass immigration throughout the Western world since the end of WW2...damn it America is BUILT on mass immigration, it's an American idea!

This is the big happy, rainbow-coloured melting pot you've always wanted.

Muslims are everywhere, hiding in plain sight.

Good luck with that.

If we are going to have open immigration then why do the citizens have to be logged, chipped, vetted and harassed by Homeland Security.

I say remove Homeland Security from the citizen detail and put them on immigrant detail, since they are doing such a lousy job of keeping up with security of the immigrants.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

If we are going to have open immigration

Please provide your definition of "open immigration."

I'm guessing at your definition, but it does not coincide with the reality.

edit on 11/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Genuine refugees = OK

ISIS /= OK

Now you believe government officials?? Why, because refugees(immigrants) or "terrorists" might be involved? Plus, there's never any way to know who anyone really is, what someone's believe system or religion is, and it doesn't—shouldn't—matter one bit.

But it appears that you're in the sadly convenient "all Syrians might be terrorists, therefore" camp under the guise of "protection from terrorism" and "safety."

:/

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I hope that they increase the security and continue accepting refugees. They could screen them for terrorism, ISIS involvement, etc.

How exactly would you screen them? Ask them, "are you part of an ISIS sleeper cell?"

Try to trick them into admitting it?, "hey, we all love ISIS here in the states, how bout you?"

Is it okay with you if the government keeps them under surveillance for a looooong time? Years and years?

How exactly would you screen thousands and thousands of Middle Eastern refugees, who have minimal documentation, coming from countries we often have sketchy diplomatic ties with?

Call ISIS for an employment verification?

"Hey we got this guy here, Fatwah Jihad Hamas, he says you're paying him to come to America and blend in. Well, he's trying to buy this car, but his credit is a little shaky. Is he a good employee?"

How will you ensure Americans safety?

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join