It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Harvard University buildings evacuated after bomb threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

A number of buildings at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts have been evacuated due to a bomb threat.

The prestigious university's Science Centre, the Thayer halls of residence and the Sever and Emerson teaching buildings began to be evacuated at around 5:20pm GMT, shortly after the unconfirmed bomb threat was received.

Four Harvard University buildings evacuated after bomb threat

There has been a bomb threat at Harvard and it seems as if there some parts of the university have been evacuated.
In light of recent and obvious events I hope that this is simply some idiot's idea of a joke, and not something more sinister. The idea that universities would make good targets for the more unstable in society is nothing new, but like I said, I hope it is just a scare.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Two other Massachusetts college's got bomb threat emails too. Cape Cod University and Fitchburg State. The other two were declared hoaxes, I'm assuming Harvard will be too. Harvard just began being searched about 30 minutes ago.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There seems to be another bomb threat at another university.

Fox news Fitchburg university bomb threat

Not great. I seriously hope this is not some sort of resource stretching plan or something. Sounds incredibly suspicious to me.
edit on 16-11-2015 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Read above

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Thank you for that information, I just noticed one of them and added it, but if it is a hoax then...I don't know, is that not suspicious?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Somebody just got a bit more time to study for their finals.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Even if these specific threats are hoaxes, that doesn't mean there is no terrorist involvement. Yes, it's suspicious, especially as other schools also received threats. Stretching resources is one reason a group might do that. Making people less likely to respond (cry wolf scenario) is also possible. Enough false threats, and many people would start to take any threat less seriously.

Of course, we don't know yet who was behind this, so a prank is possible, but I don't believe that's what this was. Doesn't feel like a prank. Nothing there but a hunch, on my part, but that's my take.

Best guess, some other school, or some other target is planned, or some location not named in the threats, on those campuses. I hope they use bomb sniffing dogs and do some further looking, just to be safe.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I think prank is probable. There's never not a huge response to the potential of mass causality.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I was thinking that it it could be resource stretching or response testing. If it has happened at various locations that suggests coordination, if there is more than one person involved of course. It does smell very fishy though.

Here is hoping it is just some idiot, fingers crossed.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
How about someone at one of the Colleges or Universities sending the threat to all of them to increase their chances of getting away with it?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
see, this is the worst part of it. how jumpy the whole world gets, because more than anything else, it doesnt want to be too late again. everyone still remembers aurora and newtown, and then this brings it all back. that feeling of "what if" and that means there are going to be a lot of itchy trigger fingers no matter how trivial the issue. because we are going to face every minute asking ourselves that question. what if its not just paris, what if its here, what if its already happened, what if it happens again, what if its someone we know and trust, what if its only moments away and if i can just see it coming, be just smart and fast enough to keep my community safe, wait what was that - BLAM!! someone panics and then EVERYONE panics.

and thats the real threat. not the thunderbolt, but the landslide that follows.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I think prank is probable. There's never not a huge response to the potential of mass causality.

Maybe. False alarm, sure. "Prank", I'd consider a "joke" sort of thing, something some idjit did for kicks. For this, I suspect other motivations. With all of the mess on campuses these days, a prank just seems unlikely. Possible, sure, but less likely.

We had bomb threats when in Germany, now and then, and while most were false alarms, none were "pranks", and some were real. It was more a case of trying to waste time and resources checking out the false ones, and having people lower their guard for the time it wasn't false. It's a scare tactic, in that sort of case. That's what I suspect here. I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I was thinking that it it could be resource stretching or response testing. If it has happened at various locations that suggests coordination, if there is more than one person involved of course. It does smell very fishy though.

Here is hoping it is just some idiot, fingers crossed.

We are thinking the same thing! I hope we're wrong, too, but I don't think so. Lots going on at the schools these days, to foster fear and unrest. This seems to be part and parcel to a lot of that.

top topics

join