It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France's Hollande Orders Borders Closed, Paris Under First Mandatory Curfew Since 1944

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

French President Francois Hollande said a state of emergency would be declared across France and national borders shut following a spate of attacks in Paris on Friday evening in which he said dozens were killed and several wounded.

"It is horrifying," Hollande said in a brief statement on television, adding that a cabinet meeting had been called.

"A state of emergency will be declared," he said. "The second measure will be the closure of national borders," he added.

"We must ensure that no one comes in to commit any act whatsoever, and at the same time make sure that those who have committed these crimes should be arrested if they try to leave the country," he added.

Shortly after the speech, Hollande's office announced that he was canceling his participation at the G20 meeting in Turkey this weekend.

[www.huffingtonpost.com...[/url]

* Edited for bad linkage*

Call me crazy .. but,did we not see this coming~!!

Is this martial law? I'm not sure and I don't have ALL the Intel as they do obviously, however, TO me..yes. curfew enacted and ...my question remain from briefly reading the news .. not sure if rights are suspended as of yet.

Washington DC will be in lock down next IMO, as most of the eastern seaboard and some states inland....major metropolises containing airports will also, or should be, in lock down as well.. within one week from today...IMO

edit on 16-11-2015 by Komodo because: Wrong link and headline

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

That's from january...

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Somehow I think that if martial law hasn't been declared within the last 11 months or so it won't happen soon.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

France is mobilising 10,000 troops to boost security after last week's deadly attacks, and will send thousands of police to protect Jewish schools.
Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said troops would be in place from Tuesday evening in sensitive areas.
It is the first time troops have been deployed within France on such a scale.
Seventeen people were killed in Paris last week in attacks at satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, on a police officer, and at a kosher supermarket.

Paris attacks: France to deploy 10,000 troops

Is martial law necessary for such an attack? I'm not sure and I don't have ALL the Intel as they do obviously, however, even deploying troops on the ground in sensitive areas, is full martial law. TO me..yes. curfew inacted and toops on the ground ...my question remain from briefly reading the news .. not sure if rights are suspended as of yet.

Washington DC will be in lock down next IMO, as most of the eastern seaboard and some states inland....major metropolises containing airports will also, or should be, in lock down as well.. within one week from today...IMO

I don't get it. Are you trying to prove a point about fear mongering and the importance of actually reading the articles sourced from the Internet?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That's from january...
It seems people missed it.
THE OP SOURCE IS FROM A STORY IN JANUARY!

Poor thread authoring, the source is from the aftermath of Charlie Hebdo, NOT last Friday's killings.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Edited title and linage...sorry for the confusion..!!!

headlines are changing extremely quickly...grrr...looking for other sites, one in particular had President say that he was deploying troops in sentive areas....

ETA: watch the video ...war is declared...
www.bbc.com...

edit on 16-11-2015 by Komodo because: added link

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Thank you for trying to catch this "moving" information. Scary times right now

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is not a curfew and borders are not being closed. Something's getting lost in translation.

It's not even close to martial law.

What Hollande has ordered is a three month state of emergency. This just means France can act quickly.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You do realize this is the start of holiday traveling?

I am not certain that's going to be possible.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Exactly unless closed borders means border controlls? They are happening in France and netherlands. And Bavaria has started extended veil searches(?) you know random controlls 30km inside.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well, some of us have been saying for a while now that the enemy lives among us .

Unless Muslims are going to root the evil among themselves out, they can expect to be under very close scrutiny from now on.

Closing the borders is just a way to stop more terrorists from entering. The problem is they're already here in every western nation on earth.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
France is definitely concerned, and that's a good thing. What I located for the borders was a couple of articles:

France calls EU meeting to boost cross-border security

Britain hires spies, France seeks tougher EU border security after attacks

The first is from yesterday, and the second from today.

Right after the events Friday, I did hear that border closure was discussed, but then that wasn't done, or was reversed. Some of the frequently updating news pages did have that information, though, as of Saturday. There was talk of a possible curfew, though I didn't catch anything about a mandatory one, though it was stated that people were asked to stay in their homes unless they had to be out, for safety.

All in all, I suspect this will get worse. Too many of these "refugees" have been allowed in for it not to cause problems. Real refugees would not be large groups of fighting age men.

If something happens here, then it's possible that some serious steps could be taken. I don't know about this week, though. I'd expect that closer to election time next year. Either way, I do agree that it's likely to get worse.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well, France et al have chided the UK for border controls. Now we can see how the UK has been sensible.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: paraphi

Exactly unless closed borders means border controlls? They are happening in France and netherlands. And Bavaria has started extended veil searches(?) you know random controlls 30km inside.

That IS what it means. Instead of open (schengen) borders France is gonna 'insist' on EU border controls.

My peoples also have intel that Austria and Slovenia are closing their borders tomorrow, no more immigrants should pass the east/west europe line. EU is officially down the drain i'm afraid.

edit on 16-11-2015 by Exitt because: ..

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What Exactly Does Frances State of Emergency Entail?
"As part of the state of emergency, the interior minister can also put under house arrest anyone "whose activity is deemed dangerous for security and public order." The law does however specify that those under house arrest must be in close proximity to a town, and forbids the creation of "detention camps" to house suspects.

Authorities are also able to carry out searches day and night, and to order people to hand over weapons and ammunition — including legally-owned weapons such as hunting guns. The decree says weapons used for hunting will be returned to their owners intact once the decree is lifted."
edit on 16-11-2015 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

French President Francois Hollande said a state of emergency would be declared across France and national borders shut following a spate of attacks in Paris on Friday evening in which he said dozens were killed and several wounded.

"It is horrifying," Hollande said in a brief statement on television, adding that a cabinet meeting had been called.

"A state of emergency will be declared," he said. "The second measure will be the closure of national borders," he added.

"We must ensure that no one comes in to commit any act whatsoever, and at the same time make sure that those who have committed these crimes should be arrested if they try to leave the country," he added.

Shortly after the speech, Hollande's office announced that he was canceling his participation at the G20 meeting in Turkey this weekend.

[www.huffingtonpost.com...[/url]

* Edited for bad linkage*

Is this martial law? I'm not sure and I don't have ALL the Intel as they do obviously, however, TO me..yes. curfew enacted and ...my question remain from briefly reading the news .. not sure if rights are suspended as of yet.

Sounds to me like hes maximizing the fear. Does he present any evidece that new attacks are imminent?

Also wondering if this will set the NWO no borders objective back a bit??
edit on 17-11-2015 by Azureblue because: z

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The borders are not really closed, controls have been re-established at major border crossings.
Thus when you know the little countryside roads ...

Practically this is causing about half an hour of delay if you cross the border between France and Belgium.
The French-Belgian border is the closest from Paris. As of 13th November, day of the attacks, the controls where re-established. They controlled one of the attackers but let him go through because they didn't really know who to look after (they hadn't any name at the time). Result, the Belgians caught the guy on Saturday during a Police raid in Molenbeek. Another suspect was still missing but I just heard that he may have been busted in Germany :

Antiterroreinsatz in Alsdorf: Drei Verdächtige verhaftet Antiterror action in Alsdorf : three suspects in custody
(Article in German)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Considering France has the lowest worldwide scores for "Papers, please!", this will not be good...

top topics

join