It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obvious Strategy of The Islamic State Is Working, You’re All Being Stupid

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yes that is a great sentiment to have if one is powerless to do anything about the situation. however we are not all in that boat.

To go off and hate all muslims for this would be wrong but if that guy was able to get his hands around the perp then it is a different story because until stopped it will happen again and again regardless of the amount of hate in the world or the amount of outrage in the world.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have seen ATS take the "stupid" stance on many topics, I think it is interesting this is the one where the site owner makes a thread to tell "us" how "stupid" we are.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: UnBreakable

I have to say that in the name of God more atrocities has been committed in the world than all wars combine since man made a choice of choosing a scapegoat for God.

Is just human nature.

Atheist regimes under Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot are responsible for up to 200 million deaths in the 20th century alone, far exceeding any number of atrocities made in the name of God.

You might want to do a little reading on that...
Th e Atheist Atrocities Fallacy - Hitler, Stalin & Pol Pot
edit on 11/17/2015 by Klassified because: fix link

edit on 11/17/2015 by Klassified because: extra word

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
SO - I have been trying to get folks on this site to stop painting others with a broad brush for years, to no avail. In my case it's because I'm Jewish, and sometimes the hate and vitriol makes my stomach turn. I'm not particularly observant, married a Baptist boy, born and raised in the South, and raising 3 kids in a crazy, crazy world. If any of you saw me in the grocery store, you wouldn't give me a second glance. But I am proud of my heritage, even though some doubt the validity of it. I don't remember it being quite as bad here as in the last couple of years (I admit my memory might be faulty in this regard!). I think it may be that ATS has done such a good job with getting the name out there in Internet-Land. Plus, as you know, the anonymity of the web allows people to spout things that they would never dare say face-to-face.

Point is, thanks for the thread but it won't change anything. Those who hate will always hate. They aren't interested in learning that they might be mistaken in their beliefs. They are only here to try to shove their opinions down the throat of others. That is their agenda. Plain and simple.

I'd like to be wrong...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Afghanistan was a civilized and modern society before the CIA meddled with their issues.

Was that before or after the Soviets invaded while supporting the communist party there? Tell me please.
For frame of reference countrystudies.us...
edit on 17-11-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yeah I doubt that there would be much communication. Probably a matter of someone high up passing on the message to a handler to carry out a pre-determined attack.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

I thought of an Afghanistan before the Soviets killed people they deemed as 'too Marxist-Leninist'. Interesting read, thank you!

Outside of higher education, Dr. Podlich was a prolific amateur photographer and he documented his family’s experience and daily life in Kabul, rendering frame after frame of a serene, idyllic Afghanistan. Only about a decade before the 1979 Soviet invasion, Dr. Podlich and his family experienced a thriving, modernizing country. These images, taken from 1967-68, show a stark contrast to the war torn scenes associated with Afghanistan today.

blogs.denverpost.com...
edit on 17-11-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: 222mockingbirdlane

He said people didn't know what devout Muslims were really like, and it is a bad religion. That was coming from someone who really knows that community. I also know Muslims who aren't bad, but that's because they aren't true Muslims.

I think you're confusing things here. Just imagine for a second the Islam would be the 'civilized' First World and we would be somewhere in the Second or Third, but with lot's of oil.

You think we won't see Christian Orders fighting against oppression and the War on Terror, eventually with means of terror?

Afghanistan was a civilized and modern society before the CIA meddled with their issues. Destabilisation results in a loss of culture and leads straight to the erosion of societies to the point of plain barbarism, which is precisely what we've got now there.
How can we take all of this into equasion? Maybe you and your friends rather see the consequences of our lifestyle at work, but think it's just their fault/ culture/ religion and hence their problem?

Now take a quick look here for a second opinion and some context:

The Qur`an also deals with relationships of the Muslims with the non-believers at the individual and collective levels. Unfortunately, many non-believers showed much hatred and enmity towards Islam and Muslims, throwing Muslims out of their homes (3:195), or making fun of their prayer and religion generally (5:57-58), and either waging war or kindling the flames of war between Muslims and some other non-believers (5:64) or by other subversive devices (3:72). Although at an individual level Muslims can have even such intimate relationship as that of marriage with those non-believers who are truly monotheists (5:5, 2:221, 5:72), Muslims are advised not to take hostile non-believers as allies against the purposes of Islam and the collective interests of the Muslim community (5:51, 57). Those non-believers who are not hostile are explicitly exempted from this advice (60:8) and even in case of hostile non-believers the Qur`an holds forth the hope that hostility will some day change to love: “It may be that God will generate love between you and those of them with whom you are now at enmity. God is capable (of all things); God is forgiving and merciful” (60:7).

www.islamicperspectives.com...

Sounds New Testament_ish enough for me.

Unfortunately, there are very few verses of tolerance and peace to abrogate or even balance out the many that call for nonbelievers to be fought and subdued until they either accept humiliation, convert to Islam, or are killed.

You didn't even mention one peacefull part to put things into perspective, nor did you provide us with a source for your rant (the other one on P.29).
Sorry to be a bit Dick Cheney about this, just saying...

And yeah, I do this 'cause I'm a believer (Protestant) and I like open, but fair debates regarding this topic. Now please, let's just be honest about this. We wouldn't kill every sourceress either, would we?

Afghanistan was a civilized and modern society before the CIA meddled?! My uncle was in Afghanistan in the 60's and almost witnessed a public stoning of a woman for presumably cheating on her husband, he got out of there when men who just happened to be in the area, started collecting stones to throw at her. He also witnessed young boys who were dressed up as women, made to dance, then men would pay to take these boys inside a tent. This was acceptable, public behavior. When was Afghanistan a civilized, modern society?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

It was modernizing and who knows where they could've been now if there would've been room to develop. Democracy at least, and that's what I meant.

You're pretty good in avoiding the context in which I've mentioned that example. Nevermind and have a great time!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

It was modernizing and who knows where they could've been now if there would've been room to develop. Democracy at least, and that's what I meant.

You're pretty good in avoiding the context in which I've mentioned that example. Nevermind and have a great time!

I'm sorry if I missed the context, I took the context to be; picture this "what if" scenario. Tell me if I got all encompassed in the Afghanistan comment and missed the real context. Also, I didn't answer your question about my posts on page 29. They are verses from the Quran, so that would be the source.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I see all the overreacting as part of how humans tend to take information, people today are not like they used to be before the bombarding of news outlets with live images, we went from audio information to visual, the media will play whatever will bring them the most ratings, unfortunately people will take what is given, without taking the time to analyze information or waiting for all the facts.

Is not by any way right or correct to blame an entire group of people or their believes for the actions of the opportunistic few.

Is morally wrong, if everybody will just take a step back and take a deep breath they will see everything different.

My hart goes to you and anybody that are been targeted without having anything to do with the horrible massacre in France.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

They are verses from the Quran, so that would be the source.

If we would like to overreact and concentrate on the evil aspect only, yes.
You won't allow to debate the other side of the coin either, so we better...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It doesn't take being Naive or Ignorant to understand

Islam is a destructive force in the world, and this Genie is out of the bottle and no way to put it back.

You can believe or justify your position all you want, but the fact is, Islam must be Banned from the planet, in order to put an end to its brainwashing and fanaticism

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Right. Banned from the planet.

I guess you don't realize how idiotic that sounds. Or maybe you do. Hard to tell on the interwebs.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

...if everybody will just take a step back and take a deep breath they will see everything different.

We can always hope

My hart goes to you and anybody that are been targeted without having anything to do with the horrible massacre in France.

Mine too Marg. It's not me - but more than a few people I've known

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: SPECULUM

Right. Banned from the planet.

I guess you don't realize how idiotic that sounds. Or maybe you do. Hard to tell on the interwebs.
Its not idiotic, its the only way to stop its evil spell on ignorant and Naive peoples

It soon shall begin anyway, as Europe will start closing down Mosque and evicting and deporting Muslime

Mark my words
edit on 17-11-2015 by SPECULUM because: of Billy

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

...By launching increasingly shocking attacks against Western targets, the Islamic State is pursuing a specific goal — generating hostility between domestic Muslim populations and the broader societies that they live in.

ISLAMIC STATE’S GOAL: “ELIMINATING THE GRAYZONE” OF COEXISTENCE BETWEEN MUSLIMS AND THE WEST

Don't let 'em carry it off, will ya?

*sigh*

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Your right, the obvious strategy of the Islamic State is working.

The strategy:

- The (almost) World Government funds and props up Islamic State.

- Islamic State chops off some heads, kills people and blows things up. .. broadcast those events worldwide.

- Now, nobody minds that 3 separate countries (.. actually part of the one World Government) are bombing the # out of Syria.

It's working!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

The following is taken from the link you provided:

The civil war in Afghanistan was guerrilla warfare and a war of attrition between the several communist (that is, PDPA) controlled regimes and the mujahidin; it cost both sides a great deal. Many Afghans, perhaps as many as five million, or one-quarter of the country's population, fled to Pakistan and Iran where they organized into guerrilla groups to strike Soviet and government forces inside Afghanistan. Others remained in Afghanistan and also formed fighting groups; perhaps most notable was one led by Ahmad Shah Massoud in the northeastern part of Afghanistan. These various groups were supplied with funds to purchase arms, principally from the United States, Saudi Arabia, China, and Egypt. Despite high casualties on both sides, pressure continued to mount on the Soviet Union, especially after the United States brought in Stinger anti-aircraft missiles which severely reduced the effectiveness of Soviet air cover.

The last Soviets withdrew in 1989 from Afghanistan
The Taliban was founded only 5 yrs later in 1994.
The U.S. invaded Afghanistan 7 yrs later in 2001 (after 9/11).
Could it be possible, that the U.S. have been shot at by their own weapons provided or funded in the Soviet war?

This also reminded me of the end credits of the 1988 movie of Rambo III.
It's the Rambo movie, where he bravely fights alongside the Afghans against the Soviets.

At the end of the battle Rambo and Trautman say goodbye to their Mujahideen friends and leave Afghanistan to go home. The movie ends with two quotes: "This film is dedicated to the gallant people of Afghanistan." and "I am like a bullet, filled with lead and made to kill"

However, this was a not the original quote in the movie. Prior to the American war in Afghanistan, the ending quote of the movie read "This film is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan". This was then edited to read "people of Afghanistan" during the post 9/11

Am I the only one who sees the irony here?
Amazing how things can change after 13 years, since that movie came out.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
Its not idiotic, its the only way to stop its evil spell on ignorant and Naive peoples

So tell me, how's the spell affecting you at the moment?

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join