It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obvious Strategy of The Islamic State Is Working, You’re All Being Stupid

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tyrion79

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Not all Abrahamic religions instruct followers to convert the nonbelievers

I would like to point out, that alot of religions do make use of missionaries, in the past and present, including Islamic and christianity religions.

Yes, but not all condone beheading, burning alive, drowning, ect. to accomplish the feat. And yes, the extremists do believe what they are doing is God's work when they yell "Allahu Akbar" before they shoot or detonate themselves.
edit on 11jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I have to say that in the name of God more atrocities has been committed in the world than all wars combine since man made a choice of choosing a scapegoat for God.

Is just human nature.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I have to say that in the name of God more atrocities has been committed in the world than all wars combine since man made a choice of choosing a scapegoat for God.

Is just human nature.

Atheist regimes under Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot are responsible for up to 200 million deaths in the 20th century alone, far exceeding any number of atrocities made in the name of God.
edit on 17-11-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sure, in a cage.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Is just human nature.

Yes, that's true, all religions are guilty, some more than others. But most have moved past the Crusades and Inquisition into the 21st century.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Is just human nature.

"God" is often used as an alternative name for "nothing." People do things in the name of "God" because they have no real reason to do it other than personal ambitions.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Is just human nature.

Yes, that's true, all religions are guilty, some more than others. But most have moved past the Crusades and Inquisition into the 21st century.

With the exception of a few so has Islam.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Though I agree with the OP on many points, the annotation at the bottom of the screen telling me to "Don't be stupid" kind of brings this to mind.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Is just human nature.

Atheist regimes under Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot are responsible for up to 200 million deaths in the 20th century alone, far exceeding any number of atrocities made in the name of God.

You're arguing that atheist beliefs have caused more deaths (20th Century) than religious beliefs?

Is that the credibility benchmark of faith? Are we measuring our beliefs by number of casualties?

far exceeding any number of atrocities made in the name of God.

^^^

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

No, just pointing out the facts in relation to the members post, who ironically talks about using religion as a scapegoat for atrocities when obviously that isn't a requirement.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Is just human nature.

I have to disagree on this.
Humans aren't born into this world with hatred, hatred is being taught by others.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

hatred is a common human feeling that is typically founded on a feedback loop.

For example, if i spend 10 years of my life being physically abused by a redheaded bearded man, I may develop a prejudice for men with beards, or red hair.

over time, these types of things can be ingrained in a culture. Especially "foreigners", who are seen as "them" and not "us".

Babies aren't born with hate. Hate is learned via environmental feedback, mostly during the teen years (where "us vs them" becomes a central focus)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Yes that is true, religions has become more tolerant, but all religions will have their fair share of extremism. Because in the name of God is ok to kill.

Then again it goes back to indoctrination.

If you teach love, love will be the primary feeling, if you teach hate, hate will consume the soul. For some reason is easy to hate than to love.

I guess it comes down to our human nature.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

The 20th century was one where many religions, including Christianity, began to slide in a serious way. If one wants to rack up the numbers killed in the name of religion, there's lots of historical battles between Catholics and Protestants which would make for an interesting accounting. Then there's the Crusades...

It should be a formidable hobby matching up the numbers, and tiresome, depressing even.

One has to admit too, that ISIS considers itself a Theocracy and they're actively killing.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

Yes indoctrination, but some human brains sometimes are more dispose to be ruled by the ego than by reason.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree and thank you for further explanation on this.
Although hatred can be taught or inflicted as your example has shown, it still isn't human nature to hate, kill or otherwise harm others, unless provoked by the aforementioned.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Is just human nature.

It's a misnomer Stalin and Pol Pot were atheists. Their regimes might have been but the men themselves were from religious upbringings.

"Josef Stalin’s “very religious” mother named him after St. Joseph, and wanted him to become a priest. Stalin himself supposedly claimed that his father had been a priest, and he was purportedly “damaged by violence” while being “raised in a poor priest-ridden household.” As a youth, Stalin spent five years in a Greek Orthodox seminary, after which he purportedly renounced his religion. In his later years, Stalin apparently embraced Christianity once more. As Stalin biographer Edvard Radinsky remarks, “During his mysterious retreat [of June 1941] the ex-seminarist had decided to involve the aid of the God he had rejected.” Radinsky likewise chronicles a number of religious comrades in Stalin’s immediate circle. It is evident that, whether for good or bad, religion played a significant role in Stalin’s life.

Adolf Hitler was raised a Catholic, and in a speech in 1922 he remarked, “My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Saviour as a fighter…” In his autobiography Mein Kampf (1.2), Hitler stated:

Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord".
freethoughtnation.com...
edit on 11jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: scorpio84

Using censorship in threads arguing that no one's rights should be taken away. Classic.

Seems you might be unclear on the concept

Are you pretty much used to being able to say or do whatever you want all the time - wherever you are? How is it that you have this sense of entitlement about being able to say whatever you want on a privately owned site?

What I'm actually wondering is - do you think you should be able to lobby for human rights abuses or genocide in a thread here at ATS?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yes and that's why most people are so easily manipulated these days.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join