It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obvious Strategy of The Islamic State Is Working, You’re All Being Stupid

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

The title says you're being stupid, NOT you are stupid. Calling people out on their behaviour is not the same as labelling the person.

You have to admit, the behaviour is pretty stupid. Hate-mongering, violence mongering, fear generating crap. All designed to trick people into giving up their freedoms.

But yeah, I agree with you. It WOULD be monumentally stupid to fall for the hoax.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever
a reply to: criticalhit

I agree that fanatacism has no place in modern day society, regardless of one's religious affiliation.

However, let's not kid ourselves. There is only one religion in the modern day era that breeds terrorism, and it has reared it's ugly head across the globe.

As for the subject matter of this thread, I think everyone on ATS is cognizant of the fact that the overwhelming majority of Muslims living in Western society are not seeking out to murder infadels in the name of Allah.

However, that doesn't change the unfortunate truth, which is that all terrorist acts are perpetrated by Islamic radicals.

It's not discriminatory to call it like it is.

I would appreciate it, that for future references you speak for yourself, instead of imposing your views upon me or anyone else.
I didn't elect you to speak for me, thank you.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Another thing perhaps the most universally respected mystics in history are Muslims, The Sufis.

The great Jalaludin Rumi, perhaps the greatest love poet ever, was a Muslim cleric and Sufi Master

Where do people think the Rosicrucian’s, Masons, Knights Templers and all those Western seekers going to the mysterious east, got their mystical knowledge from

THE SUFIS

Who were the most medieval progressive people in the world who helped bring Europe out of the dark ages?

He Muslim Moors

After decades of colonialism and oppression sure the Arabs are down and out but remember they were colonized and robbed by the European powers just less than a century ago

Look at history and understand all peoples have had greatness and not so great times
edit on 16-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

edit on 16-11-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
Am I the only one who is a little insulted by this thread and the 'stupid' banner?

Don't catch-all victimise me.

I'm not a fan of genocidal maniacs either, but ATSers doesn't deserve a stupidity tag for it.

Is it possible the strategy is working on you, SO? Given you've felt the need to generalise, deride and ridicule your own members, due to the actions of the few. And the trigger was...

There seems to be some sort of an agenda unfolding on ATS and a cliquey format coming about that might push many users away. The atmosphere is becoming very stoic and robotic.

Seems we must watch our tongues, lest we deviate from the script.

When ATS is labelled as a site of racist extremists, it won't be the individual crazies to blame, it'll be your public moron bulletin that validated it.

I've waited for this kinda post, let me embrace it with dignity:

This is awesome!

- stupid genocidal maniacs don't deserve to be called stupid on ATS
- there must be some sinister agenda at work, scaring off stupid users
- ATS isn't per se labelled extremist for the conspiracy-theories only

The first two points were just hilarious and kinda entertaining in a stupid way, but the third really boiled it all down to the point of plain ignorance. See ya on the Blacklist then!
Do the slouch hats differentiate between 'extremists' and 'racial extremists' when labelling sites? And what happenes then? You really think they need to validate a fricken thing nowadays?

a secret process that requires neither “concrete facts” nor “irrefutable evidence” to designate an American or foreigner as a terrorist,

theintercept.com...

Thanks SO, you both just made my day!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

All religions have fundamentalists extremist factions

This is very true... nothing to argue there!

The point is Islam still has to learn how to properly unite and blot out these fundamentalists, the same way other religions have. Something it has failed to do so since it's inception!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Thank you for this

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
I don't recall reading about Christians hiding behind women and children.

Then may I suggest you look into the "French Wars of Religion". In one incident up to 30,000 Christians killed other Christians - over religion. Catholics and Protestant Huguenots killings each other "in the name of God".

Radical Islam has no monopoly on hate and violence. A moderate Muslim no more has to apologize for ISIL than I have to apologize for a radical Christian bombing an abortion clinic.

No one said christians were not killing each other. Gosh that is a 100 year period of european/christian civil war 400 years ago. catholics, lutherans, calvinist, culminating in the 30 years war.
point is christians got that out of their system's and the enlightenment started.
The moderate/secular muslims need to put down these radicals themselves once and for all. Do the moderates in every muslim nation just roll over and take it everytime a new muslim brotherhood/taliban takes over? or is there just not that many moderates?
The moderates need to ostracize and rebel against these radicals.

Just like the answer for dealing with our crazies is us.

Western bombing and occupation will solve nothing and causes blowback.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
The point is Islam still has to learn how to properly unite and blot out these fundamentalists, the same way other religions have. Something it has failed to do so since it's inception!

If I'm not mistaken, there have been numerous examples on this thread that say otherwise.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
So I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to say, but I don't see how this relates at all to what #Freenrgy2 was saying about the core beliefs of Islam.

He was saying that Christianity didn't teach followers to go out and kill non-believers. But it did.

Is it a part of Christian teaching today? Are there Christian churches that are arming their members and teaching them to kill non-Christians if they don't convert to Christianity?

I gave up on religion quite a while back, and I have no love for any of them. They all have violent histories and some still remain violent today, but I didn't know there are Christian groups that are terrorizing and killing people in the name of Jesus, in countries around the globe, still today.

I learn something new every day.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: templar knight
As this is precisely about ISIS/ISIL and nothing else, I don't know why we don't call this group a "CULT".

Definition of a CULT: A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or as imposing excessive control over members.

Cults can be from any religion so I don't see why Moslems shouldn't have cults alongside other groups.
This, IMHO, seems the most accurate definition.

A "cult" who's bible, which all of their murderous orders from, is the Quran, the same bible followed by Muslims. Hmmmm. Ok

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Doesnt matter
edit on 2015-11-16T21:29:15-06:00201511bpm3011pm1530 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
"a clash of ideologies"? More like orchestrating by the powers that be.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

So I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to say, but I don't see how this relates at all to what #Freenrgy2 was saying about the core beliefs of Islam.

He was saying that Christianity didn't teach followers to go out and kill non-believers. But it did.

Is it a part of Christian teaching today? Are there Christian churches that are arming their members and teaching them to kill non-Christians if they don't convert to Christianity?

I gave up on religion quite a while back, and I have no love for any of them. They all have violent histories and some still remain violent today, but I didn't know there are Christian groups that are terrorizing and killing people in the name of Jesus, in countries around the globe, still today.

I learn something new every day.

Err yes, there used to be LRA or Lord's Resistance Army that operated out of Kenya and had tentacles in Uganda and Sudan,
The IRA vs Protestant armies were religiously based until a few years ago, there are mass killings of Muslim in CAR from Christian vigilante, And look even Buddhist butcher muslim children in places like Myanmar,while in India Hindus lynched Muslims accused of eating their cow god.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wrong.

The title of this thread is wrong on all counts.

What IS is trying to achieve is domination through their ideology.

Radicalizing other Muslims is a bonus for them because for them its their version of Islam that is important and a lot of Muslims do not have that ideology.

170 flags??? Then I noticed that this is the OWNERS thread....and his minions flock just like the minions of IS (without the terrorism)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Group hug?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: callofbooty23
Wrong.

The title of this thread is wrong on all counts.

What IS is trying to achieve is domination through their ideology.

Radicalizing other Muslims is a bonus for them because for them its their version of Islam that is important and a lot of Muslims do not have that ideology.

170 flags??? Then I noticed that this is the OWNERS thread....and his minions flock just like the minions of IS (without the terrorism)

As far as the title goes, you confirmed it by the kind of response you have just given.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: callofbooty23
Wrong.

Been here a day ...

Thanks for your input.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Most people are a facile excuse away from letting their unsightly xenophobia hang out. It's in fact kind of why religion itself was concocted -- to keep the dullard masses from tearing each other apart. >irony
edit on 16-11-2015 by TheInhumanCentipede because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I genuinely appreciate the effort SO/ ATS.
edit on 16112015 by southernplayalistic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join