It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pediatricians recommending they take anti biotics out of animal production,FINALLY.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I came across this article on CNN today and thought "WOW,it only took them forever!" I said something to the emergency room doctor some years back when my son got MSRA and couldn't get rid of it. He had already been treated for it and it wasn't working and got worse.He was running a high fever and I decided not to mess with it. The doctor agreed with me that they needed to stop using antibiotics to 'fatten up' animals for slaughter,but the AMA never came out and said a word,though they could see what was happening.

Now according to this article at least some pediatricians are starting to finally get the picture.Now that we have MSRA running around and and few antibiotics that work well on things.Glad the meat industry made their money off of it.

In 2012, most antibiotics in the United States weren't sold to help humans. Some 80%, or 32.2 million pounds, of antimicrobrial agents were for use with animals, according to the report. Some 60% of those drugs are the same ones that help fight infections in humans. If overexposure to antibiotics creates bacteria that can tolerate those drugs, that means doctors will no longer be able to use them to help treat people, hence this is a public health threat.

www.cnn.com...

I think it doesn't need to be voluntary at all.It has to be mandatory that they not use them. I know they claim that they only use them a few weeks before sending them to market,and then it has time to run out of their system.Or at least thats the theory. But it doesn't seem to be working out at all.Not all tissue is created equal. Just like for us for example,if you get a prostate infection,they don't give you the 7-10 days of antibiotics like they do with other things.Nope,the prostate is buried pretty deep in the body and is dense tissue.Therefore you have to be on antibiotics for 30 days! That is 3 times as long.If it takes that long to have antibiotics to reach certain parts of the body in something as large as a cow,how long can it take to flush out of their system? Certainly not 10 days. Either way,read the article and see what you think about the whole mess.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

This won't change anything. Big Pharma is convinced that by the time it becomes a large scale issue, they'll have a new generation of antibiotics to make up for it. For the most part, they're probably right.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The whole debacle reminds me of another swimmer pushing you down under water so they may survive, or the eagles pushing their siblings out of the nest for a better shot at survival. All the damage from the exposure of the general population to these man-made chemicals that damage our DNA will not be paid for by those who profited from their use and proliferation. Should the government/taxpayer eventually pay for fixing everyone's wagon with the new DNA editing technologies and other therapies?

join