It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25% more effort and collective action from ats would change the world (france/syria)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Welcome atsers to my rant. Let us discuss a few things.

1. Most ats members are conspiracy theorists. I might be bias on telling everyone that, but i believe that 95% are here to change the world and or wake people up.

2. Most conspiracies are true in some form or fashion. It doesnt have to be 100% true. Such as all muslims are terrorist. These political corrected blind sided ideas hurt most of us if not all. Some are

3. Your country is a traitor to its own civilians in some form or matter. Either being bought by bankers/corporations or fundamentally creating a war through a false flag. It doesnt matter.

So what i said may relate to you in some form. Why does ats continue taking refuge in the idea that collectively and through the rules of ats, we cannot start a revolution through this message board? I think that idea is a disgrace, especially during the times we are all in. France, ?ww3?, syria, north korea, nigeria, 911

If we are so anti conformist, i believe we are and have to be due to our poundering nature (do you believe msm?) Then why do we listen to partial rules created by the internet to subdue our profound message of....wake the f@%; up.

An idea is still an idea if it is not put through action. I'm not saying lets start shooting people at all. Occupy wall street had more guts than most ats memeberz

Ats. I love you. 1999 i started lurking. But you have become a white wash board of your formal self. It's like the website is being engineer for something bigger.
What happen?
edit on 16-11-2015 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Okay.. Yeah , where would we begin? Where would we start?
edit on 16-11-2015 by natalia because: My first response must have not been good enough..... Smh

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The Internet is a great way to start the ripple of change, but real change happens in real time. When you think about the small number of people who actually use ATS, and how scattered we are, it's not exactly enough to start a revolution.

Only 55% of members have posted, of that, only 37% have more than 20 posts.

So we're a skeleton crew of 40,000, half of which may disagree with your sentiments. This is why ATS can't effect large scale change.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Wow thats some very good insight and i even didnt know that. Ats being the largest alt topics on the internt, i wouldnt imagine it being dwindled to 40,000. Not to mention disinformers, shills and hated affiliated groups. Good job

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Martin Luther King was only one voice.
Some voices speak louder than others.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Jordan River

That we as a group would be hard pressed to effect change doesn't mean you can't start something individually. Start by getting involved locally. What needs to be changed in your community? Get the word out, start a Comittee or a group and work to get that done. It's hard work with no monetary reward.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Why does ats continue taking refuge in the idea that collectively and through the rules of ats, we cannot start a revolution through this message board?

Honestly? Because most are too stupid or lazy to care about anything but their own little corner of the world. They don't know and they don't want to know. It upsets their little world to think they've been used like a $2 whore and they would rather remain blind than open their eyes to see it. As long as no one takes their satellite TV, fast food and they can still think the football/basketball/baseball scores are more important than govt corruption, things will stay the way they are. We have shouted from the rooftops about what's happening and every one said we're nuts. even when evidence points to us being dead on. As long as the average person is comfortable, things will never change.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Martin Luther King was one voice rippling through a million people, all standing for real change, and all willing to march for what they believed. That was a real revolution.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Ats. I love you. 1999 i started lurking. But you have become a white wash board of your formal self. It's like the website is being engineer for something bigger.
What happen?

The War of Terror happened. Thats what they really mean when they say a war on terror. A war of terror keeps people in their homes on lockdown, scared to participate, to do something, they are afraid the terror will land on them, taking away everything they have worked so hard all their lives for.

Now get ready, here comes another AK toting cretin and another billy club wielding bully to keep you in line.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

What exactly is it that you propose?

As I've said in other threads, I'm certainly ready, willing and able to put in the effort to make change. But by doing what?

By voting for change? Voting for who? They are all a bunch of crooks.

Protesting? Protest who? Where?

What exactly are you proposing?

Edit to ask.... Exactly what "guts" did Occupy show? They disrupted us "little people," hurt some small businesses and generally made a mess and left garbage all over the places where they protested.
edit on 16-11-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I doubt that very much.

Your thread is just a pebble in the pond. How many Paris threads have there been? Plenty. How many have linked Paris to WW3? plenty. How many have been inspired by fear? Most of them.

And how many have tried to inspire unity instead of fear? next to none. If the change you are hoping that would happen would've happened years ago. This is a conspiracy site so the fear will always be at fever pitch.

edit on 16-11-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
We are couch commentators, hiding behind a PC in a safe zone. Alot of us believe we know more than we do, especially policies without understanding the sustainability and plausibility of implementation.

We will continue to be like this. People peer to complain than do something about it. We are all victims of diffusion of responsibility.

Nice sentiment but in practicality just another couch commentator thought process.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I have no doubt this is an excellent idea....but doubtful it will see the light of day due to those pesky T&Cs. But I am most anxious to watch this thread and wish it well.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I would recommend doing something similar to what "The Chive" does.
Charity events to raise money and start a dialog on certain issues.
Of course, this would cost money to start up, but who knows...
With good organization and the right message, things could go OK.
(until we are labeled enemies of the state)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Ummm...Hello Cake...I have to agree with most of what you stated...SOME...of us do make an attempt to engender unity...
MOST...are too busy participating in the clash of civilizations...the political propaganda...the Left versus right...extremist versus moderate...memes of the day...

I used to be one of...THEM...here...but I decided one day to attempt to be part of some solution...to seek common ground...my threads might not get much in the way of response...or viewership...but I do make an effort...And I'm not the only one...

I don't think it's fear so much as...apathy...or entrenchment...I'm not fearful of ISIS or terrorism so much as perplexed...they don't scare me...they sadden me...

Be well my friend...(you see how easy it was for me to call you friend...and not difficult to mean it either)...

Maybe it's as easy as that...

YouSir

top topics

join